The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you use banker and/or merchant assistant(s)?

• RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    My bags are full sometimes but it is ok to just travel to a city or find a wandering merchant. Selling is not the problem, it is rather about decon items. Cant do that outside of a city/town.

Have you been to any of those craft station for set items and gear? You can find them all around in Tamriel and Nirn (Coldharbour, Clockwock City and other places which isn't part of Tamriel). Don't forget that when you have finished Fighters Guild quest that you now can use portal from FG houses to The Forge to craft two type of sets (craft stations).

All other craft statons for set can decon items like on every other craft station and those can be found outside of cites, there are even some craft station nearby houses you that you can purchase for Gold and take short walk/sprint or ride to. People tend not to think that there is option how to do things in this game and get to accustomed to go where everybody else are going when there is ways to get around. If you have a bounty you can avoid cities totally by using teleport to house and decon until your bounty is gone or low so you can pay for a reduced price by fencer.

Not sure if this link is fully up-to-date on all places you craft set bonus, but it should give you some idea how many place there are outside of main cities.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

CraftStore add on can also show you where the nearest WS will be when you pick a set to show in CraftStore.

Here is an add on that will put map markers and tooltip for where those are to be found on map.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info668-CraftingStations.html

There is also add on like BeamMeUp that can help to get to houses you own and to other guild, friend or grouped members. In Crown Store there is a section to show you which house you own or can buy which can be used to find out which is nearest those stations.

The real issue is if you need to access your bank, guild store (to sell) or guild bank there is less options find NPCs out in the world that let you use the same features as in cities.

//RexyCat
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Only a fool refuses to trade with Fezez. You're no jeek, yes?
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    My boyfriend, his son and I use my banker and merchant all the time. Was worth the convenance. I just wish you would access the guild bank at least and fix gear with the merchant.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • RexyCat
      RexyCat
      ✭✭✭✭
      tmbrinks wrote: »
      Both. Banker more so. Having the mobile banker alone saves me time each and every time I do writs, to pull out the provisioning and alchemy writs, and to deposit the rewards. I do writs on 36 characters. I estimate between 15 - 30 minutes a day saved. Well worth it.

How do you manage to do Writs on so many characters? With four characters i already feel it takes a lot of time to change between characters to do Writs even with add on that handle the process incl turn in Writs and open containers, so I can just auto sell all white items and ornate.

Do you have any time left to do other things in game with so many characters?

//RexyCat
    • bakthi
      bakthi
      ✭✭✭
      Only the merchant
      I bought the merchant first, because my bank is constantly full anyway, so the banker would be of somewhat limited utility. I have just over 5k crowns...but my bank is still full. So I will try to keep 5k crowns around always, and maybe by the time I clean my bank up, a rare sale will have happened. Trying very hard not to buy crowns outside of the ones I get with ESO+, because I know that can be a slippery slope for me (not gonna like...become homeless, but could spend enough to feel bad.)

(The reason is that I'm still fairly new, so I want to try out all these sets...across 10 characters...and also haven't done enough writs to buy all the storage chests yet. Seems every master writ I get requires Just One More Trait. And many of my characters are new, so they don't have max bag space. Plus right now, I'm farming the heck out of ICP, so I keep my tank's inventory very sparse...which means it goes in the bank.)
      Army of me:
      CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
      Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
    • starlizard70ub17_ESO
      starlizard70ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Both
      They're really helpful when doing events that require you to grind places like dolmans, etc, for drop items. Otherwise I use them from time to time while just playing.
      "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like to use a banker, but I'm still waiting for the Imperial banker to be released.

Hint hint, Zo$
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Both
      Love them. I bought crowns to get banker when it was released. I bough merchant with ESO+ crowns, which was a no-brainer because there is nothing else to spend the crowns on apart form character slots, which I have maxed.

When your gameplay time is limited, travelling to town to manage inventory cuts out a significant amount of time. I often just want to move gear to the bank for other characters to use to level crafting. Going into town to take care of that can be such a time sink.

The banker also allows me to do writs really fast in places like Mournhold where the bank is in a bad location for pulling consumable for writs.

The merchant also helps me clear inventory so I don't have to interrupt the narrative to continue looting things.

I remember the game pre-assistants and pre-crafting bags, and I had stopped enjoying playing the game because of the percentage of limited time I was spending on inventory management.
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Both
      danno8 wrote: »
      After 2 years of purchasing nothing in the store I had nearly 40k Crowns saved up. So I figured what the heck and bought both. Have been using them both less than I expected I would though.

I am at 29k crowns, but I already own the 2 assistants. I bought the banker when it came out, but I bought the merchant for the same reason you did. The slow trickle of extra character slots makes me thing that it will be a long time before that number goes down appreciably.
    • Cirantille
      Cirantille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Thank you people, I bought Ezabi and tried. You were right
      I have 7 chars and I love crafting, daily writs are my income.
      Phew, so without going between wayshrine to wayshrine or crafting stations and banks, it was a way better experience!!
      I have yet to decide on merchant though, I usually don't pick up stuff from dungeons in order to save space but I will see it today, if useful why not indeed?
      I had eso+ crowns waiting anyway :D
    • Easily_Lost
      Easily_Lost
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only the banker
      I use the banker in my houses and sometimes in the wild.

I do have one question. I read that many would buy the merchant if they repaired armour and weapons.
      Why do you pay to have your armour/weapons repaired?
      Why not us repair kits. I have not paid for repairs for years ( have over 1,000 in my bank ). I just transfer them when I need them.
      Just asking.
      PC - NA - AD
      started April 2015
      PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
      Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
      Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
      Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    • Reverb
      Reverb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      I use the banker daily. I use the merchant less often but frequently enough that I’m glad I have it.
      Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    • ghastley
      ghastley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only the banker
      I have both, but my merchants are permanently parked at the larger homes. Only the banker gets summoned in the field, when full inventory requires it. I can bank things I'll want to sell later, and make those decisions when I get home.

I'm surprised they're the same price, when the banker is so much more useful. But so is a second banker, if you want the cat as well as the Dunmer, and that's just a cosmetic choice.
    • Major_Lag
      Major_Lag
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      I use both, they are SUPER useful.

Banker is great for crafting writs, and for stowing valuable loot drops when out in the field.

The merchant I mostly use to sell off unwanted crap and trash while running group content.
    • deviousthevile
      deviousthevile
      ✭✭✭
      Both
      Merchant and Banker are like ESO (In my opinion). You can function without them, but once you have them, it's hard to go back. For most people this isn't an issue because once you buy them, they are yours. I know it is hard to go back because like some people, I have multiple accounts, of which only my main account has these luxuries. Lemme tell ya, when I'm on acct 2 or 3, i loathe that I don't have the merch/banker.
      CP 1220
      Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
      The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
      Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
      Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
      Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
      Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
      You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
      Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
      Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
      R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
      Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
      Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
      Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
      Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
      Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
      Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
      Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      I use both, and my only beef is they don't work in IC or Cyrodiil delves.
      The Moot Councillor
    • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      Enemy-of-Coldharbour
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nah, none
      Why would I? It only takes a moment to port anywhere to unload my bags.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
      Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
      Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
      Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
      Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
      Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
      Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
      Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
      Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
      Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
      PC/NA - CP 2250+
    • HowlKimchi
      HowlKimchi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only the banker
      Merchant is kinda useless for me since I rarely PvE. I actually purchased it before then found out I can't repair gear with is. Thankfully ZoS refunded when I asked in-game.
      previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    • dagrdagaz_5912
      dagrdagaz_5912
      ✭✭✭
      Both
      I have both, so had to vote both.

Out in the open i pretty much only summon the Banker.
      When i need something from my 'shared inventory', or when i want to move items between my characters.
      Saves alot of time needing to find a 'town' Banker.

I have one house with crafting stations, storage chests, the Banker and Merchant assistant close together.
      To make doing Crafting dailies alot easier.

Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on September 11, 2019 6:20PM
    • El_Borracho
      El_Borracho
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Both
      Couldn't imagine running multiple trials/dungeons without them. The banker is particularly helpful as you don't have to run all over town to deposit something in the normally impractically placed bank. And its great in your house, especially if you have storage chests for gear.
    • BomblePants
      BomblePants
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only the banker
      But I will buy the merchant when I get enough crowns with my sub to pay for him.....

As others have said very handy....
    • WeerW3ir
      WeerW3ir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      DaveMoeDee wrote: »
      danno8 wrote: »
      After 2 years of purchasing nothing in the store I had nearly 40k Crowns saved up. So I figured what the heck and bought both. Have been using them both less than I expected I would though.

I am at 29k crowns, but I already own the 2 assistants. I bought the banker when it came out, but I bought the merchant for the same reason you did. The slow trickle of extra character slots makes me thing that it will be a long time before that number goes down appreciably.

You're no jeek. yes?
    • LanteanPegasus
      LanteanPegasus
      ✭✭✭✭
      Only the merchant
      I usually don't have ESO+, so my inventory is chronically overloaded. I resisted the crown lure for two and a half years, but when the Khajiit banker/merchant came out, and added absolutely adorable cats to the convenience, I broke and bought ESO+ to use the included crowns for the merchant.

I still resisted the banker. Love the Khajiit, but usually I don't have much that I want to put in my (almost full) bank while out there adventuring/dungeoneering. But you always find lots of stuff to sell to a merchant.
      If the banker had access to guild store, so I could put things up there, I'd buy them as well. (Or if we could take mobile deconstruction stations with us, so I could deconstruct all the coloured equipment, and pile the mats in the bank.)
    • Runefang
      Runefang
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Both
      I’ve had the banker for a long time now and recently got the kitty merchant. They are both so useful given the screen load times in this game. Full functionality would be nice but not really needed, 90% of the time when I want a bank I want access to my bank not the guild bank or guild store.
    • Grandma
      Grandma
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      can't remember what life was like before them. both absolutely worth the purchase. at least banker or merchant. I used merchant for a few years before getting the new banker.
      GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
    • JumpmanLane
      JumpmanLane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Both
      I use all three, the banker, the merchant, and the fence. I use them so I can keep picking up stuff lol.
    • Nirntrotter
      Nirntrotter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Both
      Cirantille wrote: »
      Thank you people, I bought Ezabi and tried. You were right
      I have 7 chars and I love crafting, daily writs are my income.
      Phew, so without going between wayshrine to wayshrine or crafting stations and banks, it was a way better experience!!
      I have yet to decide on merchant though, I usually don't pick up stuff from dungeons in order to save space but I will see it today, if useful why not indeed?
      I had eso+ crowns waiting anyway :D

Glad you're enjoying it :D
      Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
      <Serenity>
      AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Both
      Banker is more important of the two.

Merchant is only worth it if you don't plan to decon stuff.
    • russelmmendoza
      russelmmendoza
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only the merchant
      My bank is full, need to sell stuff, non vital of course.
    • Floydianlaw
      Both
      Both. Farming they’re a must have for me. Everything else, priceless. The cost has well been paid for by the things I sell to the merchant instead of just rampantly deleting for space as I did until they came out. Not upgrading just to have a cat though. QoL

Note: and believe it or not they’re not that bad of company when you’re farming dungeons solo and don’t feel like leaving.
      Edited by Floydianlaw on September 12, 2019 3:20AM
      Max CP long, long ago... 16 max chars.