Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what's not to love about this healing bar setup?

• Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    And combat prayer sucks, short range puts healer too close to danger. Doesn't work on pugs at all, with scared to death dps and fake tanks every other run. Good luck buffing them while staying alive and keeping magicka up and healing said dps that are NEVER aware of positioning....

Like I said, combat prayer sucks, and therefore, isn't mandatory. There are better skills, even if you lose the buffs.

And I won't even mention PvP... I only know one player that can use that well in PvP, and he uses of raw healing power, not for buffs.

Combat prayer sucks.

source.gif

a battle of wills as to who is right or wrong is off topic and so wrong. if you want to have a combat prayer is mandatory for healers thread, please go start your own. thank you.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And combat prayer sucks, short range puts healer too close to danger. Doesn't work on pugs at all, with scared to death dps and fake tanks every other run. Good luck buffing them while staying alive and keeping magicka up and healing said dps that are NEVER aware of positioning....

Like I said, combat prayer sucks, and therefore, isn't mandatory. There are better skills, even if you lose the buffs.

And I won't even mention PvP... I only know one player that can use that well in PvP, and he uses of raw healing power, not for buffs.

Combat prayer sucks.

source.gif

a battle of wills as to who is right or wrong is off topic and so wrong. if you want to have a combat prayer is mandatory for healers thread, please go start your own. thank you.

All right. On topic. Your bar sucks. The only skill I have from it on my warden healers front bar is budding seeds. JG is not needed. Sustain for healers is not needed anymore. Using a Stam skill on your bar is a bad idea and there are at least 3 other skills that would be better, with combat prayer at the top of the list. Kind of funny to you would use RoP over combat prayer, seeing as with combat prayer you literally heal twice the area, 5 meter radius= 78 square meters and combat prayers 20 x 8 meter is 160 square meters. And the heal from combat prayer is going to be more then the entire 8 seconds from RoP, since CP scales with your mag and RoP scales with Stam.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 10, 2019 6:54PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat prayer buffs the dps’s damage by 8%, which is nothing to sneeze at. With Jorvuld’s, it should last about almost 12 seconds, so you wouldn’t have to spam it. Yeah, there are times where it’s near impossible to apply it due to mechanics. But you should still have it on your bar.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it's kind of funny to see you say that it's about creating your own build @Hazurko_RaShan, when 98% of your build is a part of META besides eventually your 2nd Set(You didn't mentioned that yet.) and 2 Skills.

As a Healer, I think you wouldn't need Circle of Protection at all in this Build, it's far more suitable to use an actual Healing Staff Skill for Example or something like Inner Light, a Dot whatsoever. Especially in Dungeons a lot of people won't stay in your Circle thus make it useless. Plus the Stamina you'd have to spent for your Swarm Thingy Skills, Circle Uptime and Stuff like Breakfree/Block/Dodge doesn't seem very sustainable.

But just saying, as the Toxic Meta Chaser I am.^^
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healers are more akin to buffers than actual healers.

Because, you really shouldn't need to heal anyone

I can agree with this point... As a tank and as DPS, the healing needed situations are few and far between. But while the role remains named healer, healing is the only requirement.

DPS and tank should also self buff, just as they should self heal, and that's why healing is a joke on ESO, as much as I love doing it.

Not an accident that 3dps 1 tank became standard for organized groups... Healers are relegated to pugs, which brings me back to disliking skills and builds that don't help much if squishy scared crybaby DPS can't stand still while fighting trash mobs or they risk dying.

And by dying, I mean going under 90% hp. God forbid you let an entitled pug DPS drop below 90%...
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    With that bar you will be overhealing most of the time, a complete waste.
    Combat prayer is terrible in pugs i agree. DPS are ALWAYS split or behind you an the whole thing becomes a positioning game just for combat prayer.

Now honestly for healing dungeons you only need 2 skills. Rapid Regeneration and Orbs.
    My Rapid regeneration ticks for 4-6k.... 0 points into blessing, no powered trait.
    And if i need more healing i just slot another ability which rerely happen.

Unless im doing a no death run, extra dps is way better than wasted extra healing.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Combat prayer sucks.

Combat Prayer is useful in a substantial majority of the Groupfinder PUGs I heal, especially during this time period when most damage dealers operate in melee or intermediate range. It's an expensive cast that gives about 1/2 a second's worth of DPS for everybody it touches, also providing a little damage reduction and an occasionally useful heal.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 10, 2019 7:20PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome. i'll remind people of that next time im in vet cos and when they start getting toxic with me about what an awful healer i am, i'll tell them to take it out on you.

Lol it's 2019. The days for blaming healers are long gone. Especially in dry content like COS
    Edited by TheGreatBlackBear on September 10, 2019 8:31PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome. i'll remind people of that next time im in vet cos and when they start getting toxic with me about what an awful healer i am, i'll tell them to take it out on you.

Sure, I mean I solo Frostvault; point them in a direction to learn
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol no combat prayer, no warhorn so what exactly are you wearing JG for?

Jorvuld's Guidance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Done
    (5 items) Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.

for all of that

Bruh u try to impress us with set that is used to increase uptime on minor berserk and the warhorn mostly and yet you have neither on your bar, sorry but you got to do better than that, I wouldn’t want my healer to have his bars set up like that. Y I K E R S

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Combat prayer sucks.

source.gif

Most people's first answer to the question you asked in the title of this thread would be about Combat Prayer.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »

Jorvuld's Guidance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus
    (5 items) Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%.

for all of that

Bruh u try to impress us with set that is used to increase uptime on minor berserk and the warhorn mostly and yet you have neither on your bar, sorry but you got to do better than that, I wouldn’t want my healer to have his bars set up like that. Y I K E R S

There is no mention of minor beserk in that set. It increase uptime for lots of different things. It's you who is fixated on minor beserk.

I said nothing about impressing you. You said that. Not me.

Also, misgendering people is a form of abuse. Not a bruh and most def not your bruh.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the near-religious fervor that combat prayer is a must-use skill... I don't have room for combat prayer on my bar. I’ve a self shield, orbs, an oh crap breath of life, ritual for the hot plus purging, springs, and barrier.

Pc people must come to understand, bar swapping on console requires us to stop moving. We take our thumb off the movement stick to hit the bar swap command, or we have to reach our other thumb from all the way over from the other side of the controller. And from lag, it doesn’t always apply as desired, so it’s better to avoid setting things up that will taunt the lag god into smacking you around.

The lag god overrules all.

So while a couple of those skills technically could be shoved over to the destro bar, doing that would definitely add gambling into my healing. I would have to stop fleeing something in order to get to my self shield, or add bar swap lag to get a (now slower moving) orb floating toward the tank, or add bar swap lag to getting to the oh crap breath of life button which would separate me from my hots.

Not to mention the sacrifice that would have to happen if something was shoved over to the destro bar to crowbar in combat prayer. What will get dumped? Crushing shock - say goodbye to ranged interrupts. Ele drain - say goodbye to debuf. Wall of elements or reflective light - goodbye to main spammable damage. Radiant - say goodbye to execute participation plus picking up the slack when others get stupid/die from one shots as the boss approaches death.

Dps can self buff well enough to thoroughly destroy the test dummies without people standing there slipping them the combat prayer, so they can damn well self buff and enjoy the things I do bring... while being silent about their religious drug-like craving for combat prayer.
    Xbox NA
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »

Jorvuld's Guidance
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus

for all of that

There is no mention of minor beserk in that set. It increase uptime for lots of different things. It's you who is fixated on minor beserk.

I said nothing about impressing you. You said that. Not me.

Also, misgendering people is a form of abuse. Not a bruh and most def not your bruh.

I just mentioned what are main reasons to use that set I have no clue what you are taking about what else are you going to increase? Major mending from 3 seconds to 4? Give me a break and stop defending the dude or are you just as incompetent in healing as he is and literally don’t understand this set is a waste without warhorn and combat prayer? Also if combat prayer isn’t on your bar you are a bot not a healer.
    Sowwy
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uu1tXDU535PeggWh26ZwhFvYOJn97A_6rpQTAn0qo7g7nw_61VSXfe48WfY=w2400

Plus healing thicket and expansive frost cloak on the lightning staff bar and jorvulds guidance to buff them all

Could you please elaborate rest of this build, i am curious to test out a healing build but i have never even attempted it!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this some sort of RP build? Stam ability instead of CP? A set that increases uptime on buffs but no warhorn or minor berserk? Not sure if I understand the point of this build tbh.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Healers" like this are the reason why people don't take healers along for four man and are now only using one in twelve man. You've got very little to offer besides filling a health bar. Which I hate to break it to you dps are more adept at doing because of how spell and weapon damage affect healing.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Healers" like this are the reason why people don't take healers along for four man and are now only using one in twelve man. You've got very little to offer besides filling a health bar. Which I hate to break it to you dps are more adept at doing because of how spell and weapon damage affect healing.

I have no experience with healing and know 0 about the subject but. Are you saying that his setup isnt good for healing? If so- why excatly? What would you change?
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no experience with healing and know 0 about the subject but. Are you saying that his setup isnt good for healing? If so- why excatly? What would you change?

The bar is great for healing but that's only a small percent of the job. Healers (and tanks) live and die by their buff and debuff uptimes in ESO. Things like keeping Minor Berserk up as close to 100% of the time for the extra damage done is crucial ( as so many people have pointed out) as is slotting and using Agressive Warhorn for the extra critical damage damage and larger stamina and magicka pools. Lightning blockade is an important tool too for healers. With the increased duration of off balance and this DOT meta both stam and mag dps will more than likely have enough CP to get the exploiter passive in the Ritual tree. Healers can help them do an additional 10% damage by using blockade with a lightning staff and a shock enchant.

I could go on but this isn't really the thread for that. @Mariusghost84
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hea

The problem with OP's and other people attitude toward healer is the fact they call this role a 'healer'. The role should be called dps/support.
    This role should pull 20k+ dps and buff the other 2 dps while keeping hots on tank and providing an emergency heal for 'oh ***' moments, also dependent on skill of player debuff mobs and boss as much as possible.
    So providing major courage, minor beserk and a regen buff is mandatory as a minimum for this role.
    Tank provides minor courage and mob debuffs mainly.

This is an opinion for when you play with other skilled players, otherwise skilled players would run tank and just dps and remove heals, if you adopt 'healer' I just heal attitude you will not progress to endgame.

I have played with people who can provide 30k dps, hots, emergency heals, buff out the yang and solid debuffs, aim for that and you will be asked to run a lot of content.

As good player population dwindles and solid groups are hunting for good player additions you can meet some great guys and gals.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    hea

The problem with OP's and other people attitude toward healer is the fact they call this role a 'healer'. The role should be called dps/support.
    This role should pull 20k+ dps and buff the other 2 dps while keeping hots on tank and providing an emergency heal for 'oh ***' moments, also dependent on skill of player debuff mobs and boss as much as possible.
    So providing major courage, minor beserk and a regen buff is mandatory as a minimum for this role.
    Tank provides minor courage and mob debuffs mainly.

This is an opinion for when you play with other skilled players, otherwise skilled players would run tank and just dps and remove heals, if you adopt 'healer' I just heal attitude you will not progress to endgame.

I have played with people who can provide 30k dps, hots, emergency heals, buff out the yang and solid debuffs, aim for that and you will be asked to run a lot of content.

As good player population dwindles and solid groups are hunting for good player additions you can meet some great guys and gals.

I can do all you said, I run my things fine on my Templar healer, although it's more of a 25-27k DPS, not 30, and I still say to you... It's not "they call the role 'healer''. The role is called "healer". By the game. Not by anyone out of their own will, but by the designer that ultimately made a decision to call the role healer.

Do I agree with you that it's time for a possible revision? Yes. But it's still a healer and therefore the only required job is healing.

If you expect a healer to do more than that, it's a problem with your expectations. What you can do is -ask- your healer to do those things, and that's fine.

Remember... You're expecting healers to do damage, instead if healing... Whatever else you say after that, you're wrong. Revise your expectations.

As a side note: 4 roles are Tank, Healer and 2x DPS.
    Not anything different. That's not said by me, I don't agree with it most of times, and I hate were forced to conform, but a tank is a tank, a healer is a healer and a dps is a dps. There's no defined support role.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Barrier. It’s good. I think you got the wrong balls morph. Take the one that does damage. Your tank should run blood alter and the cool circle thingy.

No idea why these people think you even need a Resto Staff? Don’t even bother with combat prayer. Raising some noobs DPS from 10k to 10.8k ? Does that really seem worth it?

your bars should look like

front bar: crushing shock, bird of prey, fetcher Infection, inner light, shalks, Ult northern storm.
    Back bar: wall o elements, winters revenge, Netch, Lotus, shrooms, Ult Barrier

This is for dungeons, not trials. They are quite different and any decent player should recognize this. Trials type healing is generally complete overkill in dungeons. Don’t need that much heals. They need your damage.

Your bar setup is better for Zerg healing maybe?
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    No idea why these people think you even need a Resto Staff?

For the Healing Passives you get from having it equipped if you actually want to also Heal as a Healer?😆

This and the Build you just mentioned seems more like a lowbie "I'll throw everything I got together"- DPS Build.

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should rename post to "PuG healing bar setup" because Combat Prayer IS MANDATORY in any serious group. Good luck convincing 8 players to wear Slimecraw instead of their standard monster set because you refuse to use Cbt Prayer because you consider it an awful skill.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a strange suspicion that this thread is gonna be locked soon. We've been criticising the OP too long lol.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s completely unnecessary for every single dungeon in the game is all. Healing passives? What even is that?

Just try it. You might learn something. Not even being condescending.

You really don’t need to heal that much. I generally use 2 class healing abilities and Barrier and that’s enough. For dungeons.

The extra damage you can bring in as a healer far surpasses any amount of buffs you can provide.

For Every single class except Sorc. I would maybe use the healing balls on Sorc.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s completely unnecessary for every single dungeon in the game is all. Healing passives? What even is that?

Just try it. You might learn something. Not even being condescending.

You really don’t need to heal that much. I generally use 2 class healing abilities and Barrier and that’s enough. For dungeons.

The extra damage you can bring in as a healer far surpasses any amount of buffs you can provide.

For Every single class except Sorc. I would maybe use the healing balls on Sorc.

Without Heals you aren't a Healer anymore, but a (Supportish) DD(Looking at your Build above..). Also, Barrier is the biggest waste. If you have to rely on an Ulti........ Gg.
    Edited by hasi on September 11, 2019 6:38PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol honestly either do the job right or not at all. A healer needs combat prayer for fights that aren't VAS. You need a resto for combat prayer. Therefore you need a resto. End of discussion. Also I'd love to see all these healers doing 30k dps or thereabouts. Let's be real the average DPS doesn't hit 30k. Your healer spec isn't doing 30k. Nor does it have to.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s 2 strong class heals. Every time I do damage, it heals someone using lotus. Shrooms are out. Gives group some extra health. Tank gives everyone some minor life steal with blood alter that also gives a Synergy for more heals and a small heal with circle of protection. Barrier for the clutch.

That’s a lot of healing. How much more do you need to be considered a “healer”?

I haven’t had a trials type healer in quite some time, and that would be a good deal different I think; but four man Dungeons are generally much better off with more damage.

I can’t make up enough for the loss of damage I could be doing by trying to buff two other DPS. If I load my bars up with all these unnecessary heals when I could be doing more damage but hide under the guise that I’m healing...it’s a disservice to the group.

You want to give the best chance you can to the completion of content. Once the heals are covered, what else can I offer to this group?

The real waste is not doing any damage and continuous unnecessary heals.

This is for dungeons and four person content. I’m sure trials are different, but I know most dungeons very very well.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s 2 strong class heals. Every time I do damage, it heals someone using lotus. Shrooms are out. Gives group some extra health. Tank gives everyone some minor life steal with blood alter that also gives a Synergy for more heals and a small heal with circle of protection. Barrier for the clutch.

That’s a lot of healing. How much more do you need to be considered a “healer”?

I haven’t had a trials type healer in quite some time, and that would be a good deal different I think; but four man Dungeons are generally much better off with more damage.

I can’t make up enough for the loss of damage I could be doing by trying to buff two other DPS. If I load my bars up with all these unnecessary heals when I could be doing more damage but hide under the guise that I’m healing...it’s a disservice to the group.

You want to give the best chance you can to the completion of content. Once the heals are covered, what else can I offer to this group?

The real waste is not doing any damage and continuous unnecessary heals.

This is for dungeons and four person content. I’m sure trials are different, but I know most dungeons very very well.

Well, I also use a Selfheal with the burst of Shrooms in a Dungeon, am I a Healer now?😂

To qualify as a Healer, you actually have to focus on Healing like the Name says. Supporting and Dpsing are not the Main Part of the Role, a Part obviously, but not the most important.

It's like a Tank using all good possible Tank Skills, but not Taunt.😆

It's not your Build whatsoever, which makes me "mad", but the fact that you describe it as Healer Build.

I do Dungeons and did Dungeons, Arenas, Trials etc. and I would never describe my Sorc DD as Healer just by using Twilight Heal Pet and maybe Orbs(I'm often in Arenas/Dungeons with 2 friends, other is a Random).

Oh, and Healers aren't needed in Dungeons for Ages already, unless you Group up with People who don't even know that Red Circles are bad. Agreeing there.😘😉
    Edited by hasi on September 11, 2019 8:26PM