The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody has any clues why ZOS nerfing everything?

• Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    because they're social justice warriors and only serve the casuals
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well at the end of the day strenght of both PvP and PvE setups is increasing so it's hard to call it nerfs. The only thing that is getting nerfed is uniqueness and feel of flavor of certain setups but the general strenght of the setups on average is not getting nerfed.

I dont give a poop about dps increase but i give it when it is harder to pull same numbers or dps is just nerfed(which we ha e now) , the main thing is flavour as u said. ALSO trial dummy is not a dps test!!! Dont say that pls, its like noob machine, standing in 1 spot and doing dps with all available buffs in the game. Real dps is 3 mil mid buffed dps, cuz in raids you do mechanics and have only 20 seconds at max to do your dps. So overall damage per seat is +-3mil. Same or worse thing is at dungeons....!
    Pfff dps going high, gove me Morrowind patch with trial dummy and picture will be the same or better(full enchantments on each weapon etc...)

Actually pulling numbers is getting easier with each patch including this one. Morrowind DPS is behind to what we're getting right now. We got more CP , new better sets and abilities plus simplified yet more effective rotations during that over 2 years gap. Any parse from Morrowind You can find on 3M dummy will be way higher now. Like 20% higher atleast. I think Your real issue is that You refuse to adapt to new state of the game and because of that Your DPS dropped down but that doesnt measn DPS in general dropped down.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 11, 2019 12:31PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    When people are doing 100k dps.They are not doing this on 3 or 6 million dummy.They are using the iron atro dummy ,which is fully debuffed.

Almost raid buffed parses was before trial dummy too. I can't remember any of them doin 100k.
    Also typical 3kk selfbuffed dps parse those days was around 40-45k.

The iron atro gives 100% uptime on things that wouldn't even have a 10th of that in an actual fight, so you're seeing DPS at its theoretical maximum, it isn't indicative of your performance in an actual fight.

DPS has also gone up over the years, though, so that plays a big part in why people are self-parsing above 100k.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main reason ZOS made everything slow .

Players have to spend more time to reach END GAME .
    Players may buy more ESO plus .
    Players may buy more items in crown store .

Game balance ? No
    Marketing strategy ? Yes
    Edited by ccfeeling on September 11, 2019 7:36AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    DPS has also gone up over the years, though, so that plays a big part in why people are self-parsing above 100k.
    thats what im talking about. Everyone and their grandma talk about nerfs here and there, yet selfbuffed 3kk parse has been raised from 40-45k to 60-65k for the last ~2 years.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of the answers are untrue. you guys just say whatever suits you.

obviously zos listens problems from forums. then make a dart game. where there is dart, itll get nerfed. simple.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet you can plot a graph of the extremeness of changes from patch to patch as a working representation of how much we deserve nice things.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well at the end of the day strenght of both PvP and PvE setups is increasing so it's hard to call it nerfs. The only thing that is getting nerfed is uniqueness and feel of flavor of certain setups but the general strenght of the setups on average is not getting nerfed.

I dont give a poop about dps increase but i give it when it is harder to pull same numbers or dps is just nerfed(which we ha e now) , the main thing is flavour as u said. ALSO trial dummy is not a dps test!!! Dont say that pls, its like noob machine, standing in 1 spot and doing dps with all available buffs in the game. Real dps is 3 mil mid buffed dps, cuz in raids you do mechanics and have only 20 seconds at max to do your dps. So overall damage per seat is +-3mil. Same or worse thing is at dungeons....!
    Pfff dps going high, gove me Morrowind patch with trial dummy and picture will be the same or better(full enchantments on each weapon etc...)

Can't remember a single patch where overall DPS dropped. Just watch videos of top-raiding guilds and you'll see the ongoing DPS-increase.

You kidding me right?........
    Top raid guild like Hodor are 0.0000000001% of all players and those changes hit 99.999999% of players. Now you understand what i meant????
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZOS likes to see people's tears.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea but as DK tank main they made everything slower due PvP reasons ( one hand and shield damage and bash nerfed), no more wings, choking talons with delay, nerfed enchants....
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mocap wrote: »
    top dps was raised from 60k to 100k for the past two years. Kinda strange "nerfs", don't you think?

Though they may nerf something, but then they release $ DLC with new sets to overcompensate those losses.

When people are doing 100k dps.They are not doing this on 3 or 6 million dummy.They are using the iron atro dummy ,which is fully debuffed.

Dps went up a mile regardless over the last year and more. The problem rather is that much of the power comes from class-independent sources rather than class identity. I hope that the next couple updates will shift things back in the other direction.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA