The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mechanical Dwemer

Delparis
Delparis
✭✭✭✭✭
ZoS should add a new type of npc that deconstruct gear and items.
Same as the bank npc and the merchant he be summoned from the player menu and bought with some crown (2000 crowns)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are really running out of topics.

Players make their character or characters. NONE of the player characters can access the game bank functions. Player characters need the npc interface to do so. Convenient in some towns, not so much at the bottom of the dungeon when your inventory is full and you have more loot to pick up. The personal merchant and banker are convenient.

Non-player characters have no access to the crafting functions. There is no need for them to be capable of crafting. Even the smiths, clothiers, woodworkers, provisioners, enchanters, and alchemists sell items from lists. No crafting, no refining, that players can see, despite their animations.

Every single player character can decon items. Even the just-escaped-from-coldharbor-still-wearing-prison-jammies ones. And every one of them can decon items that have been dumped in the player's bank without needing to go to the bank and withdraw them. Since this can be done with any character, where would the added convenience and value be in buying a crown store npc to do the same thing? One that I would have to take the time to summon, instead of doing it with the character I'm playing at the moment. Right now with 2 accounts, I have 24 characters that can decon everything; why on Nirn would I pay for an npc to do the same thing? And of course there would never be any glitches or issues where npc deconning items would not get the correct amounts of mats returned, right? Have you noticed the threads about whether the "one button refining/deconning" is working correctly or not? I'm sure doing the actions through another layer of npc coding would *never* cause problems.....

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Players make their character or characters. NONE of the player characters can access the game bank functions. Player characters need the npc interface to do so. Convenient in some towns, not so much at the bottom of the dungeon when your inventory is full and you have more loot to pick up. The personal merchant and banker are convenient.

Non-player characters have no access to the crafting functions. There is no need for them to be capable of crafting. Even the smiths, clothiers, woodworkers, provisioners, enchanters, and alchemists sell items from lists. No crafting, no refining, that players can see, despite their animations.

Every single player character can decon items. Even the just-escaped-from-coldharbor-still-wearing-prison-jammies ones. And every one of them can decon items that have been dumped in the player's bank without needing to go to the bank and withdraw them. Since this can be done with any character, where would the added convenience and value be in buying a crown store npc to do the same thing? One that I would have to take the time to summon, instead of doing it with the character I'm playing at the moment. Right now with 2 accounts, I have 24 characters that can decon everything; why on Nirn would I pay for an npc to do the same thing? And of course there would never be any glitches or issues where npc deconning items would not get the correct amounts of mats returned, right? Have you noticed the threads about whether the "one button refining/deconning" is working correctly or not? I'm sure doing the actions through another layer of npc coding would *never* cause problems.....

I don't understand what you're talking about.
    What I propose is to add 1 more personal "deconstructer" to deconstruct items. the same way banker and the merchant works.

This shouldn't be difficult as ZoS only need to remove the craft items tabs and consolidate all the deconstruction tabs into 1.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »

I don't understand what you're talking about.
    What I propose is to add 1 more personal "deconstructer" to deconstruct items. the same way banker and the merchant works.

This shouldn't be difficult as ZoS only need to remove the craft items tabs and consolidate all the deconstruction tabs into 1.

Agreed I have no idea what this peep is talking about. Good idea on the decon though.