Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I mained à nightblade

Zabulus
Zabulus
✭✭✭
Been playing night blade STAM and magicka sincère beginning.
Yesterday I REACHed 50 with templar...
Wtf... What's this easy mode?
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    I think I wont login my nightblade soon...
    Templar with low weapon and spell skills overperforms my NBs
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason your NBs have gotten less fun and capable is because of 'nerf NB' threads made when NBs were very powerful.

The reason my magsorc has gotten less fun and capable is because of 'nerf sorc' threads made when magsorcs were very powerful.

The reason that templars will likely become less fun and capable is. . . well, you get the idea. And the lesson, I should think is that it might be more productive in the long run to consider posting a a 'buff NB' thread instead of nerfing other classes into the same bin where you feel your NB is.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 11, 2019 11:30AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    I dont expect any nerf or buff from zos.
    Ive been stupid to wait for balancing PvP.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason your NBs have gotten less fun and capable is because of 'nerf NB' threads made when NBs were very powerful.

The reason my magsorc has gotten less fun and capable is because of 'nerf sorc' threads made when magsorcs were very powerful.

The reason that templars will likely become less fun and capable is. . . well, you get the idea. And the lesson, I should think is that it might be more productive in the long run to consider posting a a 'buff NB' thread instead of nerfing other classes into the same bin where you feel your NB is.

Unfortunately, "buff all the classes!" results in Power Creep, so nerfs are always the more likely option regardless of what forum goers ask for.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power creep is when characters become more powerful. NBs and magsorcs have become less powerful. With enough 'nerf templar' threads, they will become less powerful as well. I understand what you are saying as top level players keep posting ever increasing dps dummy runs. But what I see is the classes I enjoy becoming less fun and powerful. My NB cannot do what she could a year ago. My magsorc cannot do what she could 6 months ago. My templar cannot do what she could two years ago. I expect that in 6 months, my templar will not be able to do what she currently does.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power creep is when characters become more powerful. NBs and magsorcs have become less powerful. With enough 'nerf templar' threads, they will become less powerful as well. I understand what you are saying as top level players keep posting ever increasing dps dummy runs. But what I see is the classes I enjoy becoming less fun and powerful. My NB cannot do what she could a year ago. My magsorc cannot do what she could 6 months ago. My templar cannot do what she could two years ago. I expect that in 6 months, my templar will not be able to do what she currently does.

Yup pretty much. You might as well start preparing yourself now for the coming storm. Leveling up and max out a StamDK. Because those always seem safe from the Nerf Bat.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to main a magden i stuck with it for 2 years and got grand overlord, but with all the nerfs, ive now gone stamblade and the difference is night and day.
    I have a cc, burst and disengage mechanics. but templars are very difficult to take down, they seem to have 150% snare and everything they have is aoe / un-dodgeable and their healing is top tier.

I do keep thinking how good i would be on a Templar and maybe i should make one.
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zabulus wrote: »

Gratz! Som hav 2 git gud... u r gud... u r l33tz!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost become its own mini game trying to guess what the devs will nerf/buff next.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    They only way we can improve nightblade is by nerfing sorcs.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I wont login my nightblade soon...
    Templar with low weapon and spell skills overperforms my NBs

You both are playing your Nightblades wrong lmao. I'm shredding people on mine lmao.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Way a head of you already done a buff stamblade thread I disagree with nerfs.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There will be nerfs. That combat patch messed things up and they will be fixing at least some of it.

Or trying to. They need to stop messing with everything.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cycle of patches

1. Make patch
    2. Release it
    3. META build and OP class created
    4. Forum blows up for 3 months as some cry for nerf to OP class and others fight against it
    5. Make patch
    6. Nerf said OP class and META build
    7. Release patch
    8. New META and OP class created
    9. Forum blows up for 3 months as some cry for nerf to OP class and others fight against it
    10. Make Patch
    11. Nerf said new OP class and META build
    12. Release Patch

You get the idea.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Tan9oSuccka
      Tan9oSuccka
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      You can definitely tell in Cyrodiil right now with the meta guys. Templars are everywhere.
      Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
      -Berj Stoneheart
    • BomblePants
      BomblePants
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My main has always been a NB but I have played her less with Wraith-gate.... I’m playing my Templar more too..... sad times....
    • Heimpai
      Heimpai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well plars have easy purge in a DoT heavy meta of course it’s easier to flock to them than change your playstyle

NB‘s and magsorcs were better than current plars..Currently my stamden outperforms my stamplar

Fyi Magblade 32 AR/Stamblade 31/Stamden 28 so yes i do have some experience on them
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When I first started playing ESO 3 years ago coming from a pure single player background, I naively believed my elf could become and stay one class and I would only need/want one class. More experienced players warned me to develop numerous classes to move among due to silly cyclical and heavy handed nerfs. They were right. My elf can now play as 7 different class/specs and changes among them per session as easily as she changes hairstyles.

By nature, ESO tries to thwart developing and maintaining a close bond with your character. Learning to maintain and move easily among several class specs seems the best I can do to control the predictable rage quit urge I get from every heavy handed nerfy patch update.
    • kojou
      kojou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The only thing to do is stop caring about having a "main" character. I have a Nightblade that I created in early release in 2014, but only use for crafting now.

"Just" level 3 of each class and whenever a class gets nerfed go to a different one that is still fun and play it.
      Playing since beta...
    • AhPook_Is_Here
      AhPook_Is_Here
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You are smart now, so I don't expect anything will stand in your way, Tamriel is your oyster!
      “Whatever.”
      -Unknown American
    • Zabulus
      Zabulus
      ✭✭✭

You are smart now, so I don't expect anything will stand in your way, Tamriel is your oyster!

Yup! Be carefull the bigbad templar is in cyro now (like 99/100 of the population. Nice diversity.) :p
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's nothing wrong with sitting on the bench for a patch . We have had a few metas that were just so bad that waiting for a new update was best and the break was refreshing .
    • Veinblood1965
      Veinblood1965
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pretty soon we will need a group to take on one skeever. It's coming and you heard it here first.
    • MentalxHammer
      MentalxHammer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was a NB main for years, since then have played warden, dk, and templar. Templar is way way more powerful than anything I have tested. Class balance is a joke.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pretty soon we will need a group to take on one skeever. It's coming and you heard it here first.

Next Dungeon DLC:"The Rat Race"
      DLC dungeon final boss: one giant skeever
      Coming to ESO *soon*
      bVgnPJ05_400x400.png

:lol:
    • Cavedog
      Cavedog
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades and sorcs are the most out of balance OP classes in the game right now.....and nb's have been forever and will remain stupid OP until they do something to balance cloak.
    • Czekoludek
      Czekoludek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cavedog wrote: »

Nightblades and sorcs are the most out of balance OP classes in the game right now.....and nb's have been forever and will remain stupid OP until they do something to balance cloak.

If you think NB is OP in 2019, you are probably just a bad player. Go back to your two buttons templar :)
    • kijima
      kijima
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cavedog wrote: »

So many lols...

My Stam NB, hits like a truck has decent sustain
      My Mag Sorc, hits like a truck has decent sustain

Different to play, NB's probably harder. If you're getting pants by a good player, it's the good player showing you up for what your lacking. It's not 'A' class your being beaten by, it's class out right.
      Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
      Kijima - AD DK Derps
      Annure - AD NB Derps
      Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• MajBludd
      MajBludd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @Cavedog do play nb?