Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are event tickets back to every 24 hours this event?

OrdoHermetica
OrdoHermetica
✭✭✭✭✭
See subject. I ask because twice now I've killed bosses and not gotten any tickets, despite being after the server cutoff time. The only thing that was different was that I was trying to get my ticket a little earlier in the day. Anyone know for sure?

If so... arg. Why. Why do they do this. If not, guess it's time to open a support ticket.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know, the rollover time is at 2 AM EDT when the dailies reset.

Based on what many players have been saying in the forum and in game, some group bosses which presumably should be dropping tickets are not always doing so, if ever, while other group bosses seem to be more reliable about dropping tickets.

For instance, I've been able to get tickets every day from killing Gati the Storm Sister, whereas some players did not get their tickets by killing General Zamachar and had to go get them from Gati the Storm Sister.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As far as we know, the rollover time is at 2 AM EDT when the dailies reset.

Based on what many players have been saying in the forum and in game, some group bosses which presumably should be dropping tickets are not always doing so, if ever, while other group bosses seem to be more reliable about dropping tickets.

For instance, I've been able to get tickets every day from killing Gati the Storm Sister, whereas some players did not get their tickets by killing General Zamachar and had to go get them from Gati the Storm Sister.

Interestingly, I killed bot Gati the Storm Sister AND General Zamachar, and got tickets on neither. I think the last time this happened it was with Gati the Storm Sister. Hmmm...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only times I didn't get tickets from Gati was when I didn't get looting privileges and had to wait to try again after she respawned, or if I'd already got tickets and was killing her again just to help others with her.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only times I didn't get tickets from Gati was when I didn't get looting privileges and had to wait to try again after she respawned, or if I'd already got tickets and was killing her again just to help others with her.

Yeah, I didn't get looting privileges (despite putting a decent amount of damage into her), which is why I went to the General and was one of two people who killed him, and got no tickets. But I've definitely not gotten tickets from her before when I DID get loot.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC sewers usually has like 10 solo players and maybe 1 group of 8 in the sewers and 1 group of 8 up top.

Lots of opportunity to make telver when it was more deserted. Get out of my preferred farming city.

What you going to use these tickets for? Make some reindeer mount?
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    IC sewers usually has like 10 solo players and maybe 1 group of 8 in the sewers and 1 group of 8 up top.

Lots of opportunity to make telver when it was more deserted. Get out of my preferred farming city.

What you going to use these tickets for? Make some reindeer mount?

I PvP more than I PvE. I'm no tourist, and it's not your city. :p As for the tickets - nope, planning on using it on usually Crown Store-only Imperial furniture.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reindeer mounts and reindeer pets for me, as long as they're free!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    just spend 15min to run WGT, there's hardly enough incentive to put up with the mess that is the Imperial City

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I'm having with getting tickets is my effing computer. The game keeps freezing up completely at the worst possible times, and it isn't the game-- it's something in Windows. For the last few weeks, Windows Defender seems to want to run all the effing time, and my hard drive frequently starts chugging away like it's determined to blow itself up. I've taken to watching the Task Manager on one screen while the game is running on my main screen-- and for the record, it isn't just when I'm playing, it's all the effing time. I don't know if the situation would be any better playing on my MacBook Air, but I hate the magic mouse.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Just heard back from customer support, and they confirmed that this event's tickets are on a 20-hour cooldown timer, NOT server reset. Just thought I'd spread the word.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See subject. I ask because twice now I've killed bosses and not gotten any tickets, despite being after the server cutoff time. The only thing that was different was that I was trying to get my ticket a little earlier in the day. Anyone know for sure?

If so... arg. Why. Why do they do this. If not, guess it's time to open a support ticket.

There is a bug that kicks in now and then that keeps you from obtaining tickets. Not sure what causes it. So that might be what's happening to you.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Just heard back from customer support, and they confirmed that this event's tickets are on a 20-hour cooldown timer, NOT server reset. Just thought I'd spread the word.

I'm not certain that customer support is always aware of how things work. I'm fairly certain that they roll over at 2am EST as I have been specifically getting groups for WGT and ICP to finish just after that rollover. Many group members received tickets for the previous day just a few hours prior to those runs and everyone then received tickets off the end boss killed after 2am.

Regardless of what customer support says, I'm going to go with the 2am EST flip time as that's what I'm experiencing.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 12, 2019 8:12PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this was my experience. and I've also went on to general and he dropped nothing, went back to Gati and got the tickets. even if we assume that 20 hour cooldown is correct, for the last week, i have been going for tickets at exactly the same time each day, so they should have been available regardless. it seems like some bosses/sources are simply bugged
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have experienced the tickets reseting at normal writ time (11pm pst 2am est). I got tickets at around 10pm pst and then got 4 more at around 11pm psy.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

this was my experience. and I've also went on to general and he dropped nothing, went back to Gati and got the tickets. even if we assume that 20 hour cooldown is correct, for the last week, i have been going for tickets at exactly the same time each day, so they should have been available regardless. it seems like some bosses/sources are simply bugged

I've occasionally been denied looting privileges on Gati even though there were only about half a dozen players with me. It's always been when the other players were spamming AoEs and Gati died very shortly after spawning. I did get several hits in before she died, but my best guess is that I ended up hitting one of her adds rather than hitting her. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else has had similar problems, since Gati has an annoying habit of summoning Storm Shadows as soon as she's attacked, so it's really easy to end up hitting a Storm Shadow instead of Gati.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, that's strange. I got tickets yesterday evening, and then again this (late) morning. About 12 hours in between, definitely not 20. Both from Gati the Storm Sister, No-CP/No-CP IC, EU server.

A few days ago a friend didn't get to loot Gati (or missed the corpse, we were not sure afterwards), so we killed the boss south of her. That one he could loot, but no tickets. So we went back to Gati, killed her again, loot and tickets he got.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it was weird for me yesterday when I killed a boss and got no tickets then killed the next one then got my tickets.