Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO high ping tested on VIDEO (i am reaching their first server with 30ping)

chexor
chexor
✭✭✭
This problem with high ping at prime time (6pm to 10pm) started about 1 week ago for me, even tho many people complain about this. Most of the informations you can find in video (with timestamps).
TLDR is: I tested at least 5 other online games and problems i have during prime time is in ESO. I tested on two different pc's on same network.
I did pathping and tracert. I found out that i reach their servers in Germany with around 30ms but after going through their 3 different IP's my ping ends up on 130ms in cmd (180ingame).
In video you can see 3 games live tested during prime time (at exact time i have high ping in eso) while constantly pinging their EU servers in cmd.
Here is video link: https://youtu.be/0UdwqrBUi8M

vsguvca4kzvk.png
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are some troubleshooting steps you can take on your end that can help with latency issues. You can find these steps in the article below.

What do I do if I have bad latency in game on PC/Mac?

If you go through these steps and see no improvement, you should proceed to opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can set up port forwarding , try a vpn , place your modem near a reflecting pool facing due east , change ISPs , consult a seeker or tie divining rods to your roof . Or you can accept 130ms Ping is the best ZoS can offer even though many other games sit around 30-50 ms .
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There are some troubleshooting steps you can take on your end that can help with latency issues. You can find these steps in the article below.

What do I do if I have bad latency in game on PC/Mac?

If you go through these steps and see no improvement, you should proceed to opening a ticket with customer support.

I have open ticket with customer support already (190904-003273).
    I have port forwarded since day 1. I tried using vpn and it didnt help. I bought static IP adress aswell to get better ping, which was fine untill 7-8 days ago.
    Yes you can set up port forwarding , try a vpn , place your modem near a reflecting pool facing due east , change ISPs , consult a seeker or tie divining rods to your roof . Or you can accept 130ms Ping is the best ZoS can offer even though many other games sit around 30-50 ms .

Well its 130ms in cmd, ingame is around 160 to 200. I wont accept that since something changed on their end in last week ( i assume it is IC event ) that is causing this lag, also i got alot of messages that people are having same issues.
    Edited by chexor on September 8, 2019 10:59PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao how does moving your router around help with a ping spike near the server?
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: i still havent get any response from ZOS on this.
    Meanwhile test from all over the world.

This is from a friends house, he has different ISP, but during prime time when he pinged ZOS eu servers he got same ping spike as i did. Here's tracert, same city different ISP.
    52yrrmfey4o8.png

This is from friend in Austria he also has issues with ping spikes during prime times.
    ws0siwtgqtdc.png
    Also he tested in on another ISP in Austria, and had same issues.

Also i have friends Croatia and Bosnia that report same issues.
    @ZOS_BillE
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be that, to deal with congestion, they route certain people through more hops than necessary near the servers? Idk enough about this stuff.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 11, 2019 2:05AM
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Could it be that, to deal with congestion, they route certain people through more hops than necessary near the servers? Idk enough about this stuff.

Maybe, but shouldnt vpn fix this issue (which i tried and it is still the same).. I think this is going deeper then that, apperently they had same issue with Australia and they are fixing it like 6months later, but right now this is affecting almost whole europe.. (not everyone ofc)