Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5.1 Vigor

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am so glad resolving bigor cant heal other players anymore, makes it real fun when i have all stam guys in a bg vs all magplars /dks spamming resto heals on each other and popping resto ult, with brp resto major vitality.
Really just an absolute blast. Well balanced, it really is. Meanwhile most stam classes have to cut their self healing by more than half if they want to go yellow vigor.
Since the new patch, most bgs boil down to who has a stronger healer on their team, and if yours dont have one, well tough luck go play magicka.
Its not even like stam users have a lot of options to heal each other, we just dont have the skills present, without having to make major sacrafices.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there's no salt in here. But you should have made the post more constructive instead of a rant/sarcasm. I do agree that the state of the game is quite bland but we as a community should try and address problems in a non biased way.
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's no salt in here. But you should have made the post more constructive instead of a rant/sarcasm. I do agree that the state of the game is quite bland but we as a community should try and address problems in a non biased way.

Surely the fact stam cannot in general heal as well as magica, is the opposite of bland. If everyone could just heal the same where is the variation?

In terms of immersion, what makes sense, and even Lore wise, magica should be doing more healing, by a long way. Having said this, I can totally understand that in a bg scenario for stam users without a pre made group, this will be frustrating.

But then, bg IS frustrating for anyone heading in solo. You never know what your group or the others will be like.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use echoing vigor for the team but i feel like im losing a lot
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the animation change to resolving. Half the time in larger battles I cant even tell now if my vigor popped since due to lag you often have to double or triple tap your skills. New animation is boring.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it could be only good if rapid regeneration is self only, trust me. it's really annoying when you have to cast it several times ( sometimes more than 3x ) to get that healing

I can only envy you your vigor right now
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow a salty stam player that never actually tried magicka. You realize one form of resto staff’s healing morph is 3 random players healing over 10 seconds? You can simply take echoing vigor and hit all 4 players on your team! Rapid regen is single target for half the duration just like resolving vigor is, except it is random and can hit people with like frigging 90% HP while you’re dying with 30%. I’m so glad OP has so much experience playing stamina classes that he can see resto staff heals are most definitely superior. Truth be told it should be superior anyways, like magicka classes are getting any pvp skill from alliance line and stam weapons don’t have OP enough skills already.

Damage in general is just higher this patch and with heals in general changed you obviously die more easily.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhY dOeS a ReStOrAtIoN sTaFf HeAl bEtTeR tHaN mY 2h/bOw bUiLdS.

Lawl what a clown
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great that any templar can purge themselves and put down a bigger heal that vigor does, while the same skill also aoe snares and does a hard hitting aoe dot.

But hey vigor was op.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Stapes
    Stapes
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I am so glad resolving bigor cant heal other players anymore, makes it real fun when i have all stam guys in a bg vs all magplars /dks spamming resto heals on each other and popping resto ult, with brp resto major vitality.
    Really just an absolute blast. Well balanced, it really is. Meanwhile most stam classes have to cut their self healing by more than half if they want to go yellow vigor.
    Since the new patch, most bgs boil down to who has a stronger healer on their team, and if yours dont have one, well tough luck go play magicka.
    Its not even like stam users have a lot of options to heal each other, we just dont have the skills present, without having to make major sacrafices.

Surely you're having a laugh... but the fact 9 people have liked your post means there's at least 9 others out there as deluded as you are.

STAMINA BUILDS ARE OVER POWERED. period

Stamina is not meant to have healing in ANY elder scrolls games. Why? Because of the following.

STAMINA already has:
    - 100% DODGE CHANCE with DODGE ROLLS,
    - you can SPRINT for days
    - a LOWER BASE COST OF ABILITIES
    - extra stamina for BLOCKING
    - Superior RESISTANCE and RESOURCE recovery through HEAVY ARMOR
    - the SWORD & SHIELD skill line

If you can't survive with all of those tools and build right then you shouldn't be playing a stamina class and at very least, stop sprouting rubbish on here.

On top of all that, you have healing coming from
    - Bow's (a heal and a knock back... what the hell?)
    - Dual wielding (heals over time)
    - 2 Handers (Rally)

And you want more? oh wait, there is more!
    - Heavy armor sets like Seventh legion give you passive heals while boosting your damage... Yeah, I can really see how your upset now.
    - Just wait until you play a CP campaign and get to boost all of the above with increases/reductions...

Now Heals, damage shields are all magicka because it doesn't have any of those things I've just listed. And if you want to play magicka, you have little choice but to wear light armor to be effective because unlike stamina, the heavy armor set bonuses are weak. And if templar's didn't have cleanse, there is almost NO REASON to play a magicka build this patch.

and people wonder why this game is broken...

FYI, i'm currently leveling a stamina warden (level 36) and tearing it up in cyro thanks to battle level and CP. GG
    Nocturnal
    Australian ESO member since Beta
    Aldmeri Dominion
    890+ CP
    Jade Skyblade 50* Magicka Templar
    Jedrzej 50* Magicka Dragonknight
    Stâpês 50* Stamina Nightblade
    Skyblàde 50* Magicka Nightblade
    Akâiden 23* Stamina Templar
    Stapés 38* Stamina Warden
    Siluca 50* Magicka Sorcerer
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stapes wrote: »

Surely you're having a laugh... but the fact 9 people have liked your post means there's at least 9 others out there as deluded as you are.

Stamina is not meant to have healing in ANY elder scrolls games. Why? Because of the following.

STAMINA already has:

If you can't survive with all of those tools and build right then you shouldn't be playing a stamina class and at very least, stop sprouting rubbish on here.

- 2 Handers (Rally)

- Heavy armor sets like Seventh legion give you passive heals while boosting your damage... Yeah, I can really see how your upset now.
    - Just wait until you play a CP campaign and get to boost all of the above with increases/reductions...

Now Heals, damage shields are all magicka because it doesn't have any of those things I've just listed. And if you want to play magicka, you have little choice but to wear light armor to be effective because unlike stamina, the heavy armor set bonuses are weak. And if templar's didn't have cleanse, there is almost NO REASON to play a magicka build this patch.

FYI, i'm currently leveling a stamina warden (level 36) and tearing it up in cyro thanks to battle level and CP. GG

But I dont want to have to use heavy armour and sword & shield....
    I want to use medium armour with DW/2H.

... And Rally was nerfed to the ground. Forward momentum is clearly better.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the self heal and stop crying it got a buff and just because you can't stack all the crutch heals everyone is crying. Do what every other good Stam player has done

Adapt
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stapes wrote: »

STAMINA already has:

- 2 Handers (Rally)

Magicka has the same dodge chance as stam, and don't tell me that stam can dodge more because magicka has shields as a defensive option, stam has dodges. And with all the *** that passes dodge, don't come tell me it's op. Snb skill line is there for everybody, the skills aren't even that great this patch, and the biggest blocker is still magbuilds (magdk).
    Heavy armor is as good on a stam player as it is on a mag one. Actually, it's even better in mag since with ele drain you basically get half of the bonuses of light armor at the cost of a skill slot. There surely are a lot better HA sets for stam, but mag can build on heavy just as well.

Your bias is actually triggering ngl.
  • Stapes
    Stapes
    ✭✭
    Magicka has the same dodge chance as stam, and don't tell me that stam can dodge more because magicka has shields as a defensive option, stam has dodges. And with all the *** that passes dodge, don't come tell me it's op. Snb skill line is there for everybody, the skills aren't even that great this patch, and the biggest blocker is still magbuilds (magdk).
    Heavy armor is as good on a stam player as it is on a mag one. Actually, it's even better in mag since with ele drain you basically get half of the bonuses of light armor at the cost of a skill slot. There surely are a lot better HA sets for stam, but mag can build on heavy just as well.

Your bias is actually triggering ngl.

Did you proof read what you wrote?

Of course magicka users can dodge roll, its a base part of the combat system. Of course it DOES NOT mitigate more damage for one or the other. The point of mentioning it is because as a stamina based build, you have a larger stamina pool and can dodge roll more often and repetitively to reduce the incoming damage. One, maybe two dodge rolls from a magicka build and they can barely afford a CC break. THAT'S the point. Dodge roll is the best way to mitigate damage in the game. Lag will be the only issues you're having with it.

Yes, SnB can be used by magicka users. I actually use it on my templar. Have you seen which resource pool it draws from though? Stamina. The point of mentioning it was to explain to the OP that there are reasons why stamina doesn't (and shouldn't at all imho) have very good healing. Yes, the skills aren't that great but the shield mitigates A LOT of damage while blocking and reduces the block cost of stamina.

Yes magicka builds can wear heavy armor, you can build however you want. Doesn't mean its effective though. There are barely any magicka build videos wearing heavy armor for a reason. Half the bonuses? Do you mean 300 magicka steal while attacking and major breech? That's barely anything compared to the full 5 piece bonuses you get from wearing 5 light. Why not just run that while wearing light armor? That bonus stacks on top of what you get from light armor as does the penetration, neither of which you need to activate on a player to get. Light armor is in a very good place with the changes they made to get it to this point. It works the way it should. Medium on the other hand gets left behind because Heavy is too strong offensively.

It's not bias, its just facts. ;)
    But I dont want to have to use heavy armour and sword & shield....
    I want to use medium armour with DW/2H.

... And Rally was nerfed to the ground. Forward momentum is clearly better.

You can play however you like :)
    Edited by Stapes on September 10, 2019 1:50PM
    Nocturnal
    Australian ESO member since Beta
    Aldmeri Dominion
    890+ CP
    Jade Skyblade 50* Magicka Templar
    Jedrzej 50* Magicka Dragonknight
    Stâpês 50* Stamina Nightblade
    Skyblàde 50* Magicka Nightblade
    Akâiden 23* Stamina Templar
    Stapés 38* Stamina Warden
    Siluca 50* Magicka Sorcerer
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam would normally heal via physical dmg to opponents. Heals are technically magicka based, aren't they?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment I saw the animation I switched back to the selfish version. Zeni hurt group play for no reason.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play both stam and mag, thiis patch really is broken im favor of mag healing, especially magplars.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam can get better healing when Magicka gets 4 weapon skill lines like stamina has, on a serious note I think restoration MAGIC was for magic users in this universe wasn’t it?