Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Welcome to Silvercove Harbor, Adventurer ! ( custom build harbor city in the ColossalAldmeriGrotto)

D3AKUs
D3AKUs
✭✭✭
I tryed to build a small harbor city in the Grotto using the new giant elsweyr platforms and other structural items. Heres the end result :)
On the lower level and near the sea it features a bathing area, "The Salty Dragon Inn" - u can fetch a drink or a bounty there, a small market place for fresh food, moorings and a lighttower.
The upper level features an argonian antique store , a flower and plant shop, the main tower that offers guestrooms and also serves as the towns center, located to its front is the main square which is a meeting and social hub.
Next to it is a small pet store and ofc the most important facility at the end of the upper level - the "Kitty Club" for sailors that are looking for some company after long travels on the lonely sea :D

F3NQYNa.jpg

CPz626T.jpg

QwOTUzB.jpg

Jts4zOn.jpg

jbwlo3e.jpg

psaY09y.jpg

d3Vxmd9.jpg

hJFphLi.jpg

bWXDdLf.jpg

iR5sbWs.jpg

wjeImAJ.jpg

GlDI3Qw.jpg

ilkctrg.jpg

oqu2XCu.jpg

1w0R5ya.jpg

e0yIOxf.jpg

A7EzqrV.jpg

sbgYxQF.jpg

fUbHpEm.jpg

8uSkNQ2.jpg
Edited by D3AKUs on September 3, 2019 11:29PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what an awesome grotto! :smiley: The rustic shanties in this sea-side harbor, along with the lighthouse and exotic businesses make this a seafarer's ideal stop! You really transformed the otherwise quite bare ruined Grotto into a vibrant sailors' paradise!

Wish ZOS would give us more structures or even small buildings (they give us Gazebos and Khajiit Shrines, why not small houses) so that we could build more easily - but in the meantime your seaside town is a great use of items and the item limit! :smile: I started to build a multi-tier Blackheart Haven style Pirate city on top of the ruins, but I ran out of slots before I was even halfway through, lol... so I only had enough slots to furnish the ship and add a couple of tents. *sigh*

It always inspires and frustrates me when I see great houses like yours - all of this cool stuff built, now imagine what they could do if the item limit wasn't so darn restrictive! Stop limiting people's creativity with insanely low item limits ZOS; the players clearly have ideas in spades as evidenced by their submissions! :disappointed:
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Wow, what an awesome grotto! :smiley: The rustic shanties in this sea-side harbor, along with the lighthouse and exotic businesses make this a seafarer's ideal stop! You really transformed the otherwise quite bare ruined Grotto into a vibrant sailors' paradise!

Wish ZOS would give us more structures or even small buildings (they give us Gazebos and Khajiit Shrines, why not small houses) so that we could build more easily - but in the meantime your seaside town is a great use of items and the item limit! :smile: I started to build a multi-tier Blackheart Haven style Pirate city on top of the ruins, but I ran out of slots before I was even halfway through, lol... so I only had enough slots to furnish the ship and add a couple of tents. *sigh*

It always inspires and frustrates me when I see great houses like yours - all of this cool stuff built, now imagine what they could do if the item limit wasn't so darn restrictive! Stop limiting people's creativity with insanely low item limits ZOS; the players clearly have ideas in spades as evidenced by their submissions! :disappointed:

Thank u very much :) - and yes i too wish we would have more slots !
    I actually set the platforms forming the city so they formed a tunnel system and space under the city and was planning to add a sewer including a thieves den there. Sadly i had to block and cover that part off completely because if i did so i would not have been able to fully detail the city above, add all the shops and other areas the way they are now. Its a shame especially in giant sized homes like the Grotto that we are so limited with the slots ! 300 more slots for a total of 1000 would make a giant difference in some of the notable homes and with that number i could have easily finished my sewers and i think even more !
    Actually before i got the idea to use the giant new platforms for this i havent used the Grotto for a long while because its so frustrating to build there and trying to finish something without 70% of the home looking completely empty ... i think for me its the most depressing home to work on because its ridiculously oversized. It has so many beautiful features but the sheer size makes it a nightmare with the slot limitations.
    Edited by D3AKUs on September 4, 2019 10:23AM
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kitty (in what I think is the crystals from Vivec?) spelled out is awesome. I get the feeling old Vivec would heartily approve.

This whole thing is great. You have a good eye for placing items for giving a place a lived in feel; I can tell the items are chosen to tell a story.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nice looking! But one thing that really caught my eye is a terrarium (?) with bantam guars. Really haven't been to Nature museums for far too long, where they use the pictures as backdrops to make such a nice effect.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh what a great idea, and so well done! I love the waterside market, and the lighthouse, and of course the Kitty Club! It's the perfect little rest stop for the weary sailor.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    That's nice looking! But one thing that really caught my eye is a terrarium (?) with bantam guars. Really haven't been to Nature museums for far too long, where they use the pictures as backdrops to make such a nice effect.

Thats actually something i saw in a nice little video tutorial by @JaidaRayne. I converted her fishtank and wanted to make it look like a store window She has some great videos, there was a topic somewhere here in the forum with several other great designs. U should definitly check that out for some inspiration :)
    Edited by D3AKUs on September 9, 2019 10:48PM