Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerers Surge didnt deserve this...

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
To have Critical Surge give Major Brutality only and Power Surge Major Brutality AND Major Sorcery, but only healing from critical heals, kinda ruined this skill for me.

Like... stamina classes get enough M.B. options: Rally, Shrouded Daggers, many other class skills... i dont understand why sorcerers only class-option for M.S. got nerfed so hard.

How about making Critical Surge give M.B. and M.S., instead of Power Surge giving both, because for Power surge you REALLY only need M.S. It doesnt make sense in my eyes, but maybe someone can explain.

Also, im well aware that Entrophy gives M.S. too and is now used on pretty much every magicka class, but you still have to hit an enemie with it to get the buff. With Surge you could buff beforehand, it heals, and lasts much longer. And yes, i also know that i could just use Critical Surge as it is for the heals only, and im doing that atm, but... it just feels wrong. Maybe thats just me. Im not asking for a buff here, but please just make it make sense again.
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been (and there still is) a huge outcry about this.

Most of the Sorc population know that it was an illogical move on @ZOS part, and we are all waiting for them to either reverse that decision or add Major Sorcery to base Surge/Crit Surge.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has been probably hundreds of comments like this and many topics about it on these forums already. I read the notes about patch 24 and it gives me hope that maybe they'll reverse some of the stupid changes that they made to mag sorc. (One can hope right?) I have to use 2 skills now to get self-heals (which are vital to a mag sorc surviving) and Major Sorcery (Which are vital to a mag sorc being at least slightly competitive to other classes in terms of dps (especially after the aoe skill nerfs.)) Power Surge allowed mag sorc to get both in 1 skill on an already overcrowded bar. Hopefully the stupidity of forcing all mag sorc to use Structured Entropy will be eliminated by fixing things with the mag sorc skills. I have to use Crit. Surge also to stay alive since the heals from SE are not good/fast enough. This has nothing to do with a player being good enough either. You'll just take a certain amount of damage period playing PvE/solo regardless of how good you or your gear are and the slow pitiful heals in SE can't keep up. And only having Weapon damage increase in the 1 viable self-heal skills for a magic-based class just doesn't make any sense at all. It just goes to show how this game is 100% pushing everyone to use a stam toon because of how weak and/or stupid the sorc damage skills are. And with the latest update they ruined the 1 good buff/heal skill as well. Their decisions about sorc skills just lead me to believe that people at the Dev just don't want anyone playing sorc period. The class really is at a big disadvantage on just about every front. And the 1 thing it was good at (AOE) just got nerfed so much that if you can play well with mag sorc you're basically a God. Nevermind pets. I don't use those but same story.
    Edited by malistorr on September 9, 2019 9:14PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I can’t see why SE is recommended. Although it does good damage, the self heal is crap.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been talked about for months. Wait for U24. It's clear they messed up. Just beating a dead horse at this point especially since they announced U24 has a focus on Sorc class identity.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Entropy is typically recommended to be used with Critical Surge to make up for Power Surge change. Not by itself in a lot of cases for solo players and the like. Not the greatest alternative but not many choices otherwise.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Wait for U24. It's clear they messed up."
    Yes, clear to us. Whoever green-lighted many of the changes recently made should be fired and obviously doesn't even play their own game.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been talked about for months. Wait for U24. It's clear they messed up. Just beating a dead horse at this point especially since they announced U24 has a focus on Sorc class identity.

If people stop bringing up, Zos will probably forget all about it by then, so we need to make sure it's fresh on their minds.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If people stop bringing up, Zos will probably forget all about it by then, so we need to make sure it's fresh on their minds.

You don't need to make new posts every other day. Just comment on 1 of the many existing topics which shows longevity for the issue. No sense acting like this is the first time noticing this issue or that there is some conspiracy to make everyone play stamina toons.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they want you to spend gold on spell power pots
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they actually wanted that, they wouldn't make Major Sorcery and Major Prophecy easily accessible from Entropy and Mage Light, but okay..

giphy.gif
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use Structured Entropy with Crit Surge. You will end with higher dps and waaay higher self healfs.

Get rid of Bound Aegis if you are pet sorc.
    Edited by mocap on September 10, 2019 7:07AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    use Structured Entropy with Crit Surge. You will end with higher dps and waaay higher self healfs.

Get rid of Bound Aegis if you are pet sorc.

But muh rotaaaaaation
  • Kosbert
    Kosbert
    ✭✭
    Honey, you already used the Stamina Morph before, even as Mag Sorc. Please stop being poor and simply buy yourself Spellpower/Crit Pots, ty!
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they actually wanted that, they wouldn't make Major Sorcery and Major Prophecy easily accessible from Entropy and Mage Light, but okay..

giphy.gif

The real reason is to generate sales from people purchasing soul and mage skill lines. Let's not beat around the bush. Even if they revert surge next patch they still made a quick buck and will continue to with entropy.

The entire goal for this game is to make money and so every decision they make is based around how much money can be made. That's why we always get such massive changes instead of small incremental tweaks and why major sorcery is now on such an attractive spell available to all magicka classes and why finally we are getting changes to fighters guild skills right after the skill line was made available to purchase.
    Edited by Calboy on September 10, 2019 7:40AM
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buying spell pots doesn't work for many people. I use tri-pots to stay alive when even self-heals aren't enough. I get many of the bonuses that the spell pots have from skills. And Inner Light and Bound Aegis give a lot of max mag as well. So again, they shouldn't be essentially forcing people to use 1 skill, as it ruins peoples ability to make their toon viable and able to survive. And people shouldn't be required to use expensive pots for certain buffs. There should be choice like there has been more of in the past. With their recent changes there is less choice for how someone can play and still be powerful enough to do trials and end-game content.
    Edited by malistorr on September 10, 2019 3:28PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »
    Honey, you already used the Stamina Morph before, even as Mag Sorc. Please stop being poor and simply buy yourself Spellpower/Crit Pots, ty!

Not all of us have the gold to do that, and crafting them is almost as expensive.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    entropy is so good now people would be using that over surge anyway. any damage you may have lost not being able to "pre-buff" major sorcery is irrelevant when entropy is as amazing as it is now

power surge being an option for sorc healers is actually really awesome far as i'm concerned
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kosbert wrote: »

Honey, I don't know what world you live in but in mine most people were using power surge. Using this morph and slotting inner light was simply economical. If you wanted to pvp, or simply do dungeons/arenas with friends, or farm dlc dungeons for motifs to sell and make some gold, you were using power surge. What would be the point of farming motifs if half of your possible/future profit was negated by the use of expensive spell pots?

Don't spread nonsense like this.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be at least a few ways to get buffs. And Major Sorcery is so essential to any mag dps that it should have even a few extra ways to get it. No mag sorc wants to use the Rattlecage Heavy Armor set. Very few people want to run spell power pots when they get many of the buffs already from skills, monsters set, or other gear sets. They're expensive and don't last long. So the option is to use a skill with a really weak heal and with a dot that by the time it does much, you've already killed the enemy anyway. And you're turning a class that was known for AOE into using single target DOTs that many people just don't enjoy using. Mag sorc is a squishy class with low health and low AC to begin with so many people want to use tri-pots to help stay alive. But in PvE, so many changes seem to be undermining the mag classes and buffing the stam classes.
    Crit surge gives weapon damage with the heal but not spell damage? Look no farther to see that your "balance changes" did not accomplish their goals.
    Edited by malistorr on September 10, 2019 5:25PM
  • Cuberth
    Cuberth
    Soul Shriven
    Avrael wrote: »
    To have Critical Surge give Major Brutality only and Power Surge Major Brutality AND Major Sorcery, but only healing from critical heals, kinda ruined this skill for me.

Like... stamina classes get enough M.B. options: Rally, Shrouded Daggers, many other class skills... i dont understand why sorcerers only class-option for M.S. got nerfed so hard.

How about making Critical Surge give M.B. and M.S., instead of Power Surge giving both, because for Power surge you REALLY only need M.S. It doesnt make sense in my eyes, but maybe someone can explain.

Also, im well aware that Entrophy gives M.S. too and is now used on pretty much every magicka class, but you still have to hit an enemie with it to get the buff. With Surge you could buff beforehand, it heals, and lasts much longer. And yes, i also know that i could just use Critical Surge as it is for the heals only, and im doing that atm, but... it just feels wrong. Maybe thats just me. Im not asking for a buff here, but please just make it make sense again.

I switched to healing on my sorc after this change, and I have to admit... The new power surge heal effect is insane for healing. Healing orb, radiant healing, grand healing... so many heals ticking that it's constantly proccing the free heal for everyone around you. It's wonderful.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way more outraged about the Matriarch and specially Tormentor, plus the shield cost, changes than the Surge ones, to be honest. Okay, and the aoe dot ones, but as they were to every class...
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us back our Power Surge! It gives no healing in PvP now, unless you are a sorc healer.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me I just went very simple for my sorc

I crafted pelinal aptitude in a 1,1,5 light armour with all magicka glyphs and put weapon glyphs on my jewellery and run critical surge, it’s not the same as what my build was as I ended up with more spell damage, more healing, more health and 40k-50k magicka depending on pairing sets and abilities slotted or Mundus Stone just don’t use a set that gives spell damage as it would be a waste

I can go pet or non pet build easy enough just like before with little less magicka but I can run around with swords if I wanted to so there’s that I guess

I know that pelinal works best as a medium build utilising spell damage for heals, I just did this for a run around build to have fun with and retain a little sorcerer identity
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually i too am more triggered by the changes to matriach and the shields, but i figured there already was enough talking about that. I wouldnt have guessed that so many people are already on this surge topic. I still dont feel like making this thread is too much, because as people already said, the more posts about this, the higher the chance they will see this and realize how many people are aware of it.
    macsmooth wrote: »

I crafted pelinal aptitude in a 1,1,5 light armour with all magicka glyphs and put weapon glyphs on my jewellery and run critical surge, it’s not the same as what my build was as I ended up with more spell damage, more healing, more health and 40k-50k magicka depending on pairing sets and abilities slotted or Mundus Stone just don’t use a set that gives spell damage as it would be a waste

I can go pet or non pet build easy enough just like before with little less magicka but I can run around with swords if I wanted to so there’s that I guess

I know that pelinal works best as a medium build utilising spell damage for heals, I just did this for a run around build to have fun with and retain a little sorcerer identity

While i cant imagine that would be a viable setup for vet dungeons and trials, i actually want to test this now... Id love a mag sorc with swords. *Revives Elegant build but for PvE*
    "I mustache you a question."
    "Well shave it for later."
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avrael wrote: »
    Actually i too am more triggered by the changes to matriach and the shields, but i figured there already was enough talking about that. I wouldnt have guessed that so many people are already on this surge topic. I still dont feel like making this thread is too much, because as people already said, the more posts about this, the higher the chance they will see this and realize how many people are aware of it.
    macsmooth wrote: »

While i cant imagine that would be a viable setup for vet dungeons and trials, i actually want to test this now... Id love a mag sorc with swords. *Revives Elegant build but for PvE*

If elegant has a line of spell damage it would be a wasted line for you but the 5th piece would still work fine, one infused sword with magicka regen and dark deal will cover any sustain

It really is pretty unique in its flavour and old school feel, if you can craft chest in heavy and legs in medium and you get the best resistance for the build and pick traits depending on Mundus stone and activity planned for it, I will admit that it caters more for the PvP kind of things but with the right sets paired and selection of traits it holds its own in Pve, of course there’s a point where meta is the better option
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give us back our Power Surge! It gives no healing in PvP now, unless you are a sorc healer.

Give us back our Power Surge! It gives no healing in PvE now, unless you are a sorc healer.

There, see @ZOS ?

Neither PvP nor PvE are happy about it. And please add Major Sorcery to Surge/Crit Surge.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about stop give them money till we get what we want?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• giantpixie
    giantpixie
    ✭✭
    I get the losing the major sorcery on dps sucks but like people have pointed out already mag sorcs have other ways of getting that buff plus it’s now a really good skill for my sorc healer so please don’t change it back maybe just alter the other one
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo should just make Crit surge morph use minor lifesteal.

Or make both do sorcery/brutality, and then make one heals based off highest Crit, and one minor lifesteal.

As I see it there is little or no cross benefit for having both major buffs universally for sure, except in certain circumstances which almost never occur anymore.

Bring down casting cost 15-20%. The casting cost alone is a barrier to using it.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 11, 2019 4:38PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giantpixie wrote: »
    I get the losing the major sorcery on dps sucks but like people have pointed out already mag sorcs have other ways of getting that buff plus it’s now a really good skill for my sorc healer so please don’t change it back maybe just alter the other one

I think what nearly everybody is asking for is just to have MS added to base Surge/Crit Surge :)