The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wifi connection blocking download,

Fi'yra
Fi'yra
✭✭✭
Hi,

I recently moved to University on Wednesday so I'm now forced to use a connection run by my school. This connection obviously has restrictions and apparently downloading updates for ESO, or anything ESO download related. I was wondering if there was a way to get around this restriction, unfortunately it's not a browser based download so I can't just VPN or Proxy, but are there other methods?

Thank you,
Fiyra
AD - PC/EU
Get Wrobled
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Fi'yra

You will need to contact someone with access to your school IT to allow access for the following ports listed in the FAQ below.

What ports do I need to open for The Elder Scrolls Online?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spin up a AWS micro instance running a tunnel router like SGR, install SGR on your local computer and set it up to route any of the ports that ESO uses through lets say port 80 (which hopefully isn't monitored too closely by your university firewall) and then setup the SGR on the AWS instance to route the data to the correct ESO servers/ports.

Basically, build your own VPN ...
    biggrin.gif