The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Channeled and cast times on abilities in lag

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
I play from Australia and would say I get a minimum of 300-450ms of lag, most of my friends have quit over time as it has become so unbearable and punishing to play with, however I persevered and continue on, however a few key abilities and especially with changes this update I have no counter to certain things and are unable to do certain things.

Abilities like wrecking blow, arguably the best stam spammable this update is unusable for me as within the moment I use it the target Im tracking is not where they are on my screen and leaves me barely able to connect one, on the other hand I am an ez clap from the ability as what I am seeing is almost half a second behind its quite easy for me to take 2 without even being able to see Ive been CC’d, and leaves me unable to simply walking out of the range like most people do.

Ultimates that have had a .4 second cast time added has also created a major issue causing with lag almost a 1 second delay to my ability to ulti, making landing an AOE almost impossible and comboing a ultimate incredibly difficult, these changes essentially have created a bigger connection based disadvantage to all players not within the region they play in and continues to make PVP a laggy buggy nightmare.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 learn to english, posting this from a phone
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it sucks. Almost everyone hates the change, meaning it won't be reverted.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play with a high ping as well, and the ultimate cast times are really messing up my rotations, delaying everything that comes next. The fast-paced combat is my favourite feature in ESO, I don't like anything that hinders it, and these cast times are a really bad addition, especially with lag.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cast time on skills?" -zos

"No.. no we do t want that, remember the shield fiasco?" - community

"Ok so...cast time on skills?" - zos

"NO, wtf guys are you even listening to us? No one wants cast time skills" - community

"CAST TIME SKILLS REEEEEEEEE" -zos

"/facepalm" - community
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed their minds about the shield cast times. But I have a bad feeling about this one.

I'm reminded of those Tom Petty lyrics

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell
    But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
    And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
    Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on September 8, 2019 12:07PM
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try hitting that soul harvest lol. I went back to good vamp ult now and dont regret a thing