Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry does nothing without traits?

Doctor_David
I have a ring, level 5, no traits. As far as I can tell, it does nothing? The ring is just and empty vessel to hold enchantments and traits?

If so, what does the item level mean?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. Without enchantments or traits, jewelry does nothing. Its vendor trash.

That was true in the other TES games, but since ESO jewelry doesnt have models, it doesn't even look pretty on your character.

Level determines what level of character can wear it, since you can enchant or transmute it (though I don't know why you'd want to waste transmute stones on a level 5 ring.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 7, 2019 11:14PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item level will restrict the enchant you could add to it. You'll see these blanks more often at low levels. At higher levels, you'll see that jewelry almost always has a trait and will often have an enchantment on it. Set items will always have traits and enchants.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It simply means it can be worn at that level and carries stats up to that level. What those stats are depend on set, enchant, and trait.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. Without enchantments or traits, jewelry does nothing. Its vendor trash.

This. but also set bonus can appear on jewelry. But really, if it has nothing it is nothing but vendor trash.
  • Doctor_David
    Thanks