Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aurorans thunder vs spinner for cp magplar pvp

Maxdevil
Maxdevil
✭✭✭
Which set do you think perform the best for magplar cp pvp in general for a damage set?
"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
Pc-Na
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stat sets>RNG sets

Been slappin people with 9-15k aedric ults, with spinners.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not both? I still run overwhelming on mine and I love it, slight sustain, proca the crap out of skoria, completely ruins nbs day. All in all those 3 sets are great for magplars, just depends on your style
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well full disclosure, i do carry a set of overwhelming and thunderbugs to swap to when im NB hunting...

Though i typically don't need it, hit em with a dot, wait to see em, javelin-charge-jabs
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Stat sets>RNG sets

It’s not really rng cause it’s 100% chance of proc on vampire bane/jabs but it’s only active 3sec and have a 3sec cool down

Aurorans have a nice 1k health bonus vs spinner that have 2k mag bonus but I can easily wear a substain set to have that Magicka back
    Aurorans have same spell damage but 1900 less spell penetration but is cone of lightning is doing 2,5k dps/7,5k total raw stats in 3sec
    So in term of damage 1900spell penetration >7,5k from Aurorans ? I’m not sure
    Edited by Maxdevil on September 7, 2019 5:21PM
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maxdevil wrote: »
    Stat sets>RNG sets

It’s not really rng cause it’s 100% chance of proc on vampire bane/jabs the thing is,it is worth for the 3second cooldown

(5 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a single target ability, you summon a cone of lightning from your chest for 3 seconds, dealing 1644 Shock Damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies in the cone. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

It will not proc on jabs, and idk about you but i typically cast vampires bane/degen/purifying light/soul trap at range before gapclosing into jabspam.

The rng is, will it proc when you're actually close enough or will it proc as your enemy is running away? Sure, if you can get it to proc as your jabspamming that will hurt...but assuming full penetration that's 9k damage if they stand in it for the full 3 seconds.

Which, btw, if someone is standing there that long, jabspam is probably enough to kill them. If its not, the extra damage from this ain't gonna do it either.

And i doubt you'll get full penetration, unless you run spinners. And if you have this set and spinners, you're either going to have no sustain, or no stam.

If you want a non-monster proc set, i would highly recommend overwhelming as its a huge radius that procs on any class skill, rather than a cone on single targets...and really the only reason i ever use it is when im annoyed by some permacloaker, the damage is pretty pitiful.

But, again, with templars as OP as they are right now you're better off buffing your own abilities rather than being rng dependent.

You're free to do whatever you want obviously, but I've literally never been killed by anyone using this, and I've seen maybe one person use it.

I rolled to the left and then killed them.

But you do you!

Edited by Gatdangmayne on September 7, 2019 5:21PM
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Stat sets>RNG sets

It’s not really rng cause it’s 100% chance of proc on vampire bane/jabs the thing is,it is worth for the 3second cooldown

(5 items) When you damage a nearby enemy with a single target ability, you summon a cone of lightning from your chest for 3 seconds, dealing 1644 Shock Damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies in the cone. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

It will not proc on jabs, and idk about you but i typically cast vampires bane/degen/purifying light/soul trap at range before gapclosing into jabspam.

The rng is, will it proc when you're actually close enough or will it proc as your enemy is running away? Sure, if you can get it to proc as your jabspamming that will hurt...but assuming full penetration that's 9k damage if they stand in it for the full 3 seconds.

Which, btw, if someone is standing there that long, jabspam is probably enough to kill them. If its not, the extra damage from this ain't gonna do it either.

And i doubt you'll get full penetration, unless you run spinners. And if you have this set and spinners, you're either going to have no sustain, or no stam.

If you want a non-monster proc set, i would highly recommend overwhelming as its a huge radius that procs on any class skill, rather than a cone on single targets...and really the only reason i ever use it is when im annoyed by some permacloaker, the damage is pretty pitiful.

But, again, with templars as OP as they are right now you're better off buffing your own abilities rather than being rng dependent.

You're free to do whatever you want obviously, but I've literally never been killed by anyone using this, and I've seen maybe one person use it.

I rolled to the left and then killed them.

But you do you!

before the fight i can put elemental drain and degen and then toppling charge proc auroran and then jabs , players won’t be able to escape with toppling on
    Edited by Maxdevil on September 7, 2019 5:31PM
    Pc-Na
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah topple is nice with aurorans, and it's better damage than overwhelming for sure. I just use overwhelming because the utility and I'm lazy and don't want to farm
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Auroran's Thunder with Grothdarr and found it very bursty, as both often proc at once, especially with Charge + Sweeps. Only problem was survival in melee range

If I recall right, it procs from light attacks. And will only do so when in range, which is nice.

PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither, but hey, what do I know about magplar...
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, Auroran should proc on Jabs, but only (I think) the initial jab hit since there IS a component to Jabs that does direct damage and I'm almost certain that component is the initial hit against your main target.