Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lakeside Cottage - custom build

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Every hero needs a getaway cabin by the water....
https://youtu.be/gYxJt0uXr1Y
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran You have fabulous taste, and an amazing eye for detail. A combo that consistently results in magnificent builds. You build homes that look lived in, welcoming, warm. I love the cabin style ceilings. The master bedroom has the best view in the house! I would live on that veranda, it's so gorgeous!

Once again, your talent has produced a build that inspires and amazes. And the pathway, love, love, love! Have been struggling myself with ideas leading up to my cottage, and although I'm not wanting to segment my Meadow, you have opened my eyes to possibilities.

Thank you so much for sharing your cottage. It's gorgeous and inspiring! :)
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow truly inspiring. I love the use of all the beautiful plants and trees. You made great use of the natural scenery. I love your home.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything inside the house looks like it’s perfectly placed. Like others said, the plants and trees really add another layer of detail that brings this scene to life! How do you even begin a design like this?

Were you able to place that Elsweyr grill inside the fireplace in a way that you could still interact with it and use it as a provisioning station? I wanted one inside the Murkmire Kiln, Ancient Stone to make it look like a forge and still be useable, but couldn’t get it to work.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. You've given me some great inspiration. What a lovely home. What did you use for the building structure, primarily? How long did it all take?

I love so many things. The flow is great, the flowers over the bedroom mantle, the porches overlooking the water, the curved limestone walls making the flower beds. Just beautiful.

Out of curiosity, what was the reddish tile/frill around the kitchen fireplace mantle?
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I really like where you have placed the Pergola, Festive Flowers.

What did you use for your wooden fencing?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran WOW! I am amazed at what you’ve created with the available furnishings and the item limit!!! I LOVE the forested walk leading up to the villa, the style and feel of the home itself, how you used the Ayleid gates, all the gorgeous planters and the balconies over the water — just wow!

Time for me to start over! :D

Thank you for sharing!!!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on this amazing build! So inspiring! Is it a clockwork dome used for the top floor?

Those are Murkmire ladders.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Every hero needs a getaway cabin by the wa
    https://youtu.be/gYxJt0uXr1Y

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 Stunningly beautiful ❤
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing Zypheran! I couldn't think you coul make something more beautiful than your palace in the Moonsugar Meadow (I totally copied the idea of a palace there from you :p) but I like this even more. It's really inviting and warm, the views of the waterfalls are lovely, and make for a really serene atmosphere, and I like how you've placed plants and flowers all around. One question: what item was used for the tapestry above the bed (the red-gold one)? I searched for it, but couldn't find it.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This is amazing Zypheran! I couldn't think you coul make something more beautiful than your palace in the Moonsugar Meadow (I totally copied the idea of a palace there from you :p) but I like this even more. It's really inviting and warm, the views of the waterfalls are lovely, and make for a really serene atmosphere, and I like how you've placed plants and flowers all around. One question: what item was used for the tapestry above the bed (the red-gold one)? I searched for it, but couldn't find it.

I'm pretty sure the red tapestry is the redguard awning turned and it's poles hidden inside the wall.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Congrats on this amazing build! So inspiring! Is it a clockwork dome used for the top floor?

Those are Murkmire ladders.

Thank you.

I've been searching in the Guild Stores but can't find the recipe :(
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zypheran Truly awesome! Congrats!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sharalei @mrsrobot @ErinM31 @Recent @redlink1979 Thank you all for your encouraging comments, much appreciated.

@katanagirl1 unfortunately the grill is just an expensive decoration. It ceases to function when its set into the fireplace... pity!

@Eirinin the brickwork is the underneath of the Elsweyr stone platform. It makes a great brick wall or floor - way better than the side we are supposed to use! Also, it took 2 days to design and build this house

@TruthSeeker the wooden fencing is the Murkmire ladder turned on its side

@kind_hero the bedromm is indeed the clockwork dome. The murkmire walls close off the sides nicely

@Jaimeh the tapestry behind the bed is the Redgaurd awning. Its turned upright and positioned against the wall to hide the poles

• red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    Beautifully done! Not just that you made it all fit together so seamlessly, but as others have said, that it looks so inviting and perfectly decorated. <3
    pve on ps4
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eirinin Thank you, It was indeed that one--great catch! And thanks for the heads up @Zypheran~!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, another great custom build by you! Looks like a totally awesome and inviting villa in Tuscany! I'm not a huge fan of the Elsweyr style but seeing it used for custom builds like this might just 'convert' me to love it! :smiley: Great layout planning too, the balcony and the patio overlooking the waterfal were fabulous!

@Eirinin If you meant the short angled tiles on the fireplace, I think it's the 'Imperial Well, Covered'.
    imperial_well_covered.jpg
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird that's the one, yes. Thanks!!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zypheran thanks for the insight behind your creation. I can’t believe it only took you 2 days!

Thanks for sharing, it’s wonderful!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran , such a superb build once again! Your skill in creating unique homes is truly masterful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    The more I watch your video the more in awe I am at your ingenuity. Are you a trained architect?

I have been wondering which posts you have used at the top of your stairway leading to the bedroom? (The ones that connect the Ayleid Grates.)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more I watch your video the more in awe I am at your ingenuity. Are you a trained architect?

I have been wondering which posts you have used at the top of your stairway leading to the bedroom? (The ones that connect the Ayleid Grates.)

@TruthSeeker thank you. No, not an architect. I am an engineer and do design and build large constructs, that probably helps.
    The post is the very top of the large wooden Elsweyr post. It's difficult to place it though because of the angle the camera takes when you select it. I could have used something smaller but I loved the texture of that wood against the metal grates
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

@TruthSeeker thank you. No, not an architect. I am an engineer and do design and build large constructs, that probably helps.
    The post is the very top of the large wooden Elsweyr post. It's difficult to place it though because of the angle the camera takes when you select it. I could have used something smaller but I loved the texture of that wood against the metal grates

Thank you Zypheran :) I did not recognise the furniture plan, but then, in a most fortuitous turn of events, one of my characters looted it from the urn outside the Elsweyr stables yesterday! I've just laundered it and placed it in the bank for my main character to learn and utilise shortly. (As an aside, she finds placement of many large items troublesome due to the camera angle, but she is learning to make greater use of the "Push" and "Pull" functions.)

Your engineering skills are plain for all to see: outstanding. It took my main character hours of experimentation to create even an 'almost close' approximation to your floor layout:( (I hope you don't mind that I have leaned heavily on your Lakeside Cottage/stolen as much of it as I have been able to reproduce?)

Edit:
    I am sad to have just discovered that the furniture plan is only for a wooden wall (which I already know). Please can you let me know how you obtained the Elsweyr wooden post?
    Edited by TruthSeeker on September 8, 2019 6:36AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @TruthSeeker It's 'Elsweyr Pillar, Rough Wooden' from the Rimmen home goods furnisher for only 100 gold.

The furnisher in Rimmen is great in general, check it out if you haven't yet! ZOS totally did it right and added many useful items such as a great variety of plants and some helpful Elsweyr structures like the post, the wheel and the rubble pile! :smile:
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    @TruthSeeker It's 'Elsweyr Pillar, Rough Wooden' from the Rimmen home goods furnisher for only 100 gold.

The furnisher in Rimmen is great in general, check it out if you haven't yet! ZOS totally did it right and added many useful items such as a great variety of plants and some helpful Elsweyr structures like the post, the wheel and the rubble pile! :smile:

I would love if ZOS also added shimmering sand eventually to that vendor also. I think having a primary ingredient for ALL of the Elsweyr structural items locked behind limited daily quests is a big mistake on ZOS's behalf. This latest trend of making style material ultra rare will only serve to turn many people off housing imo
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would love if ZOS also added shimmering sand eventually to that vendor also. I think having a primary ingredient for ALL of the Elsweyr structural items locked behind limited daily quests is a big mistake on ZOS's behalf. This latest trend of making style material ultra rare will only serve to turn many people off housing imo
    Yeah I agree that it's quite scarce! Reminds me of all the Vitrified Malondo grinding I had to do when Summerset came out, ugh :lol: But most of my Shimmering Sands actually came form deconstructing Anequina gear. So it helps that the style material isn't gated exclusively behind the daily rewards since I get less of those than just random gear that I find as drops.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm already turned off, or slowed down, by the cost of things like Mundane Runes and Decorative Wax.

I've, basically, consigned myself to only doing one big build (or decorate, normally, as it's me!), about once every six months, or a smaller build every three.

I recently updated my inn rooms, a bit, so that probably counts as a small build in total and prior to that I did Topal (which was, obviously, pretty massive), so I'm now in the building back up stage.

I could just splurge all my gold on doing builds closer together than that, but it doesn't seem worth it when you can remember being able to, consistently, buy Decorative Wax for 20g each and Mundane Runes for 50g, not so long ago...

At this point, it's not much more expensive, very often, to just buy the pieces of furniture already made.

...and in fact, it is far cheaper to do that, when you take into account the cost of the plans; as you can't even guarantee a good profit selling most of the furnishings.

Unless, of course, they are extremely rare, when you will have either paid a lot for the plan, or (if it was a drop) will have lost what gold you could have made selling it, by learning it.

Not to mention that you will have had to use your precious mats (which you need for your own furnishings) to make the furniture to sell (for not enough profit), so you're virtually back to square one.

...and of course, it means that, if you have anything else you need to sell, you have taken up some of your selling slots with furniture.

Selling furnishings used to be a reasonable way of making gold, which you could then use about half of to re-buy the mats you had used to make them, but not anymore (unless things have changed since I last checked).

Fortunately, on a purely personal level, I'm not that bothered at the moment.

Decorating takes me a long time and the building pieces don't currently exist for the home I would like to build.

I'm sure I could cobble together something, with the current mish mash of random items (and I may end up having to do that, eventually), but it's not very tempting, especially given the cost (in both gold and slots).

However, even though I am fairly resigned to the situation, at this point, it's still an unhealthy imbalance in the game, if you can't sell furnishings for enough to make it worthwhile, unless you bot to get the required mats and (as you say) do multiple dailies.

Great job on the house, by the way. :)
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Bluebird :) I'd just realised where to get it as I cycled through my characters this morning (did a Guild Store search under Furnishings). I've used Yatava to buy many things already, but hadn't twigged on the usefulness of that massive pillar. Must have been paying more attention to the appearance than description, 😂.

Just bought 5 on the NA Server (in preparation) and will do the same when I return to my building site on the EU ASAP.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I agree that it's quite scarce! Reminds me of all the Vitrified Malondo grinding I had to do when Summerset came out, ugh :lol: But most of my Shimmering Sands actually came form deconstructing Anequina gear. So it helps that the style material isn't gated exclusively behind the daily rewards since I get less of those than just random gear that I find as drops.

I find acquiring the Culanda Lacquer much worse than the Shimmering Sand, but that's because I started three new characters in Elsweyr and was very happy to discover that doing the dailies there gifted me with numerous items to deconstruct that dropped the Shimmering Sand :)
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That is an awesome build you did there, love the flow of everything. It really looks great
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent work. Seriously. And that's coming from a long time housing deco enthusiast whom is hard to impress 😄

Masterfully aesthetic. And probably the thing I find most impressive is your balanced understanding of "less-is-more". Nothing is overdone, yet it feels vibrant and full of detail. Really nice job my friend.