Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bahlokdaan PC NA

• Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    thread is big lol as always
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Let's be honest, fighting the stream zerg was more fun in the days of Azura's Star when people were actually forced to play actual builds instead of the cookie cutter proc BS that is being pushed these days by streamers and ZOS alike.

Full on 3-bar action at BRK defending the honor of Freddie Mercury against TM/IOTE/CN/Stream Zerg with a non-toxic EP zone chat, and zero performance issues minus the frame drops from the occasional full 3-way ult pushes. Those were the glorious days of old. And let's be real, there hasn't been an actual good emp since those days either. Nothing in recent memory even comes close.

I miss those days... it was also the golden days of Darkest Requiem. @Prince_of_all_Pugs and to many others to list lead us EP well. You are also right zone chat was not toxic.

I loved the fights DC and AD gave us back then.
    Edited by Dutchessx on September 1, 2019 10:18PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where the DC at? Oh that's right no one's streaming.
    zy8Tex2.png

3 bar EP 3 bar AD should make for some good fights tonight.

That looks like the server every time I enter. All of this DC stream zering and EP zerging must be happening during the work day because at night it's all AD so far.
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a shame, really, that EP and AD don’t have their own streamers as well. I realise that a one-sided streaming pseudo-celebrity has the potential to damage a server, especially if his priorities are not in the right place, however I think it would be extremely good sport and a hell of a lot of fun if someone matched him at it. I’m DC, I’m not trying to get DC zerged down, and obviously I like it when we win, however we’ve all seen the popularity and population a well-known streamer attracts. I think it would be awesome if the other factions had that and they could go up against each other.

What is the point of streaming if not to demonstrate quality of play? And what is better quality of play than equals fighting?
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • ykculnu
    ykculnu
    ✭✭
    It’s a shame, really, that EP and AD don’t have their own streamers as well. I realise that a one-sided streaming pseudo-celebrity has the potential to damage a server, especially if his priorities are not in the right place, however I think it would be extremely good sport and a hell of a lot of fun if someone matched him at it. I’m DC, I’m not trying to get DC zerged down, and obviously I like it when we win, however we’ve all seen the popularity and population a well-known streamer attracts. I think it would be awesome if the other factions had that and they could go up against each other.

What is the point of streaming if not to demonstrate quality of play? And what is better quality of play than equals fighting?

I think AD does well without streamers TBH. They typically dominate most nights particularly thurs-sat with massive numbers. AD's issues is they don't stay on to defend after getting the emp ring and the scrolls. So night cappers just take it all back and they don't catch up in the score. They also aren't consistent at all during other days of the week.

EP could use a boost. We've lost a lot of players to DC and some to AD. Makes it harder and harder to keep up with the stream zergs of DC and mega numbers of AD.

That said, EP had some good fights with Warbunnies and TM this weekend. Was quite enjoyable with some wipes on both ends.
    Syr the Ascended | EP | Magsorc - Disruptor
    The Trash Collector | EP | Magplar
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sunday evening was a lot more fun, equal populations, got DC de-emped early. TM found plenty of fights around and in Aleswell and Bleakers. And then the hammer, ouch. Was difficult but fun.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ykculnu wrote: »

I think AD does well without streamers TBH. They typically dominate most nights particularly thurs-sat with massive numbers. AD's issues is they don't stay on to defend after getting the emp ring and the scrolls. So night cappers just take it all back and they don't catch up in the score. They also aren't consistent at all during other days of the week.

EP could use a boost. We've lost a lot of players to DC and some to AD. Makes it harder and harder to keep up with the stream zergs of DC and mega numbers of AD.

That said, EP had some good fights with Warbunnies and TM this weekend. Was quite enjoyable with some wipes on both ends.

TM would love to be able to roll on EP the nights that Homicide is advertising in zone to fill raid 3, but faction locks cause reasons and stuff. Get that fixed and we're game.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭

TM would love to be able to roll on EP the nights that Homicide is advertising in zone to fill raid 3, but faction locks cause reasons and stuff. Get that fixed and we're game.

We feel the same. There have been many nights when dc is stacked and we wished we could swap for better fights. Faction lock makes things very boring sometimes. Unfortunately devs seem to be sticking with it for now
    AFTERMATH GM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard it through the grapevine that the Gentle Dolphins Homicide will be rehoming to Kaal...

Here's hoping it's true
    • PC/NA
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I heard it through the grapevine that the Gentle Dolphins Homicide will be rehoming to Kaal...

Here's hoping it's true

I heard they were testing it due to lack of fights on no cp. I can see where you would benefit from this but for us it would be even less to fight in a camp that can often be dc sided making it hard for us to find fights without dc following. I quite enjoy inserting ourselves into fights between ad and ep usually at brk or bridge. but with little ad and ep presence I worry cp land will be our next destination. Though we have been on break due to all the crashes i have heard not much has changed lately in the campaign.
    Edited by ZRT on September 4, 2019 6:41AM
    AFTERMATH GM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's hoping it's true

I saw some the other day in the AM, their leader and a few others..they will definitely have more fights than on any other campaign

In the end none of this matters until the devs actually attempt to fix cyro, I haven’t had a que for EP since faction locks..before it was normally 150-250
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    They won’t go for long if they do leave for Kaal... that q will kill a group that size. They will never get in and they will never be able to kill anyone with the way they build.

Unless of course their idea is to cause mass disconnections... Zerg cc.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZRT wrote: »

Here's hoping it's true

I heard they were testing it due to lack of fights on no cp. I can see where you would benefit from this but for us it would be even less to fight in a camp that can often be dc sided making it hard for us to find fights without dc following. I quite enjoy inserting ourselves into fights between ad and ep usually at brk or bridge. but with little ad and ep presence I worry cp land will be our next destination. Though we have been on break due to all the crashes i have heard not much has changed lately in the campaign.
    I imagine that with the size they run at, 36+ or perhaps 50, the crashes follow them wherever they go. Since the previous update we've been in a decent number of fights where it's our 13 + a handful of pugs trying to fight 24-32 or more EP or DC and haven't had any problems with crashing.

Also it's nice to see EP making a big comeback in getting numbers out in primetime. I imagine a lot of that is S&K and DL putting in work, but there are some good organized smaller groups that are doing good things. Trash Compactor has been getting more organized and is stronger for it, for instance.

As I said previously, even at 2 bars for each faction there have been good fights to be had, and the size of groups that guilds like yours and ours run are pretty well suited for it.
    • PC/NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »
    They won’t go for long if they do leave for Kaal... that q will kill a group that size. They will never get in and they will never be able to kill anyone with the way they build.

There's no queue in Kaal on DC or EP.

Homicide was in Kaal last night on AD, stacked pretty deep.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Sad state of the game when 40+ homicide can move over to the CP campaign and have no queue for AD in primetime.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad state of the game when 40+ homicide can move over to the CP campaign and have no queue for AD in primetime.

NA/PC/Kaal/DC had a queue for me this last weekend for the first time in weeks. It was 1.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad state indeed, it seems that these devs are tone deaf when it comes to constructive feed back given by the community (those that actually play pvp primarily) and double down on bad decisions ie faction lock and artifact weapons. Whether it's a sort of passive aggressive display or unwillingness to admit mistakes due to ego, it's literally killing the game at this point. Of course server performance is a huge factor but faction locks and broken mechanics....all the floor raising and ceiling lowering has driven so many away. All they need is ONE good patch for pvp to turn it around but they can't even seem to pull that off. I had hoped that the new combat team would have brought some fresh changes to the table but unfortunately it's been more of the same.
    Edited by kpittsniperb14_ESO on September 4, 2019 11:16PM
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's hoping it's true

The crashing hasn't been so bad after last week provided you stay away from the faction stack. I think we crashed once over the entire weekend.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    40 more behind me."
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotta pot calling the kettle black in here.

According to Kill Counter, for what that's worth, i went 507 and 12 on our first official outing in CP land. Made 250k AP too so all in all a decent nite.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing EP on Kaal during prime I get a “short” que of about 40-50, which compared to what it use to be isn’t bad. Even though been mostly playing BG’s since some old friends talked me into going with them the other night.
    Edited by Dutchessx on September 5, 2019 3:02PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Lotta pot calling the kettle black in here.

According to Kill Counter, for what that's worth, i went 507 and 12 on our first official outing in CP land. Made 250k AP too so all in all a decent nite.

I didn't play on Tuesday (can only drag myself to play once a week now). So I "heard" that homicide was trying to approach AP numbers. 3 raids running, 2 raids of guild members and the 3rd raid of pugs? If your going to run that many numbers break them up and go to different places.

Don't stack raids. Nobody likes to disconnect when approaching a group of 60-70 players. Yes, natural stacks happen and it is usually at a drawn out fight, but for the most part can be completely avoided.

Don't let homicide be the next "Army of the Pact (AP)". AP always stacked raids because they were terrible players. Once their raid leads left the game the can no longer field 3 stacked raids. They are left with only a fraction of their numbers around a raid and half now. Since none of those players ever learned to play they can't do anything but pvdoor and empty keep. If a keep is defended they die. If they fight half their numbers they die. If they fight guild groups they die. So the only thing left for them to do is stack with other raids or to take empty keeps.

Don't be like that.

This coming from an AD player.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea we did have 2 raids of guild members and 1 of pugs, and we did go to different places. Raid 1 fought EP most of the night and raid 2 fought DC. The pug group kind of did what pug groups do, floated between different keeps defending, took resources, etc. We did stack a few times, like when we were down to one last emp keep, but that's a natural stacking time for a faction anyways.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Imperial City event is currently draining pop from Cyro, yet on the very first day you’ve got a DC zerglord  (bashu) stamping out any competition that are online by watching map like hawks, and bringing overwhelming numbers.

Or from the other side of the fence this is what Bashu and his guild actually did:

Rough Riders logged on at their usual time, not because of anything to do with the map, but because it’s been their usual start time for 2+ years.

They had between 8-16 people in their group through the evening.

They took Bleakers and Chal (which were red), then Nik and Ash (which were yellow). i.e. They did what any faction would do, namely secure their Home Keeps and have a buffer either side.

As they flipped Ash, Chal was being hit by AD (after yellow had taken BRK) so Rough Riders defended Chal to prevent a possible Emp push. By this time, EP had flagged Dragonclaw, so they then went and defended that. Seeing that it had been only a handful of EP attacking Dragonclaw, they went to Roe in the hopes AD would have more numbers. But after getting very little defence, and with still no sign of the usual AD/EP groups logging in, they decided to log off, with a handful taking Brindle and Carmala on the way back to base.

I'm not quite sure how this amounts to Bashu zerging down the map hard, and stamping out all competition with overwhelming numbers, but I'm only a Care Bear so what would I know. :p
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the post after Bashu + 5 or so killed me when I was flagging Chal FD solo on a little level 28 toon. This must have occurred after whatever you posted about the goings-on with DC. DC was up to 2 bars at this point and it was hard to muster more than 5 EP especially when AD is attacking us same time as DC despite DC having their Scrolls and keeps.

My whole point was that players, and leaders especially, need to be mindful of IC drawing pop and to bring some nice fights without zerging during event if possible. Both DC and AD have very strong zerging tendencies and habits on this campaign so my comments should come as no surprise to anyone.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    My whole point was that players, and leaders especially, need to be mindful of IC drawing pop and to bring some nice fights without zerging during event if possible.

If you’d put it like that, I wouldn’t have posted, as I fully agree with that wish. :)

And yeah, it was surprising AD went after EP. Of all the nights not to double team DC during Prime Time (not a dig, if DC are in the lead and have Emp & Scrolls then being attacked from both sides is inevitable), tonight wasn't it. :/

Edited by esotoon on September 6, 2019 8:02AM
  • Jazira
    Jazira
    I am going to explain to you all Bashu's play style, in case you are wondering. He is a war strategist and wants to wants to win the map. He does not care about PvDoor, or even AP (unless he is emping). What he cares about is winning the campaign. You win the campaign by having the most points, which sometimes means taking empty keeps. Most of the time there are fights to be had - we all love that.

Possibly even than that though, he cares about training people that are new to Cyrodiil because he wants DC to thrive and have good players that understand PvP. Most of the people he has trained have went on to other endeavors. Some of us have stayed because he is a good person and fun to play with. But overall, the "zerg" you are talking about is groups of people that he takes the time to teach Cyrodiil to. If nothing else, you can appreciate that he is willing to spend his time doing that, when many people are too elitist or cliquish to consider it.

And on the other hand, his guild Rough Riders has some awesome group builds that people of a certain rank can access. These group builds are super strong, work together, and are made to take on large groups of people. From Bashu's perspective, Cyrodiil is made for large combat battles. Hence the reason that we are allowed to be in groups of 24, coordinate on Discord, and that the map has such a large population lock. Cyro is meant for large groups. There is nothing zerglike about taking on other large pvp groups when you have coordinated attacks, group gear builds that work together, and train to be a specialized team.

Other guilds and people do what Bashu does - play the map, train people, have group builds, use Discord. But lately only Bashu has seen the hate for it. Perhaps you all are misunderstanding his intention, or are jealous. But he is a kind guild leader, an excellent strategist, and generally tells us not to "pug out" and go after one or two people when we are a large group. I feel fortunate to have played with him the last 2 years of pvping, and I am enjoying my group builds. We love fighting large groups, defending keeps, and welcome all challenges and aspects of pvp. If anything, we would like to be able to play in peace with our own faction, with mutual respect for other factions, and just enjoy our time on a video game. Please stop taking everything so personally, and so seriously.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” - Edmund Burke
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭
    b0g wrote: »

We feel the same. There have been many nights when dc is stacked and we wished we could swap for better fights. Faction lock makes things very boring sometimes. Unfortunately devs seem to be sticking with it for now

Lol whatever. Everyone knows Ghost Division won't fight unless they have some sort of advantage. You guys even beat Animosity for most *** guild.

lol. and what advantage would that be? We run same or less numbers as all the other groups, fight with the same tools everyone has, and play during prime time when there is the most enemies to fight. The fact that you would come on here and insult people that you have never talked to or have no idea what we are like really says a lot. I offer a GvG to whatever group you come from that is so high and mighty. 8v8, 12v12, 16v16. doesnt matter.
    AFTERMATH GM
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazira wrote: »
    tl;dr
    So basically, win the campaign at the cost of the campaign's health. A+ strats

No, really, if he wants to win that badly he can continue to do what he does, he just better be ready to experience nothing but hollow victories because his desire to win kills the campaign.

I think I speak for most actual PvPers here when I say that campaign wins are meaningless and a joke, and that we would rather have some decent fights instead of either facerolling the map, or getting facerolled at a resource by 10x the numbers we bring.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I speak for most actual PvPers here when I say that campaign wins are meaningless and a joke, and that we would rather have some decent fights instead of either facerolling the map, or getting facerolled at a resource by 10x the numbers we bring.

Absolutely. This is why faction locks have been so bad, if your faction is dominating your only options are to go to a different campaign or just not play, which sucks if you really enjoy no cp pvp like we do. I guess BGs are an option but we really like the spontaneity of cyrodiil pvp.

The large zergs we see in this campaign are a sort of arms race. One faction starts running large groups so the other factions start doing the same. With the state of the campaign right now I don't know if anyone should be running a full 24, especially not multiple large raids.

Still, lot of respect for Bashu for bringing the fight regardless of the numbers they face, especially when the other factions are dominating population-wise. It's really just unfortunate how inconsistent the populations are.
    • PC/NA
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jazira wrote: »
    tl;dr
    So basically, win the campaign at the cost of the campaign's health. A+ strats

No, really, if he wants to win that badly he can continue to do what he does, he just better be ready to experience nothing but hollow victories because his desire to win kills the campaign.

If you look at vivec DC is camping AD‘s tri‘s and gate camping EP..I obv logged..nice to know it’s a dc trait not just 1 guy

I should mention that gate camping is why i quit sotha/bagoldick to begin with
    Edited by Heimpai on September 6, 2019 8:21PM
This discussion has been closed.