Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear Magsorcs...

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to ask how did you adapt to all the nerfs that we got. How are your Hardened Wards in noCP?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped to stam sorc. :'(
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from Critical Surge not having Major Sorcery everything's fine, but that really one thing is truly horrible and makes no sense.
    No sense at all.
    Senseless.
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why the hell should crit surge have maj sorc?
    It never did.
    Just like molten armaments does not have maj brutality.

Are you aware of a skill called igneous weapons that gives maj brut and sorc and NOTHING else?
    Nobody has done anything about it for years.
    Why on earth should crit surge get maj sorc?
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never did.

Are you aware of a skill called igneous weapons that gives maj brut and sorc and NOTHING else?

Dear @GeorgeBlack
    Because our go to Major Sorcery buff skill has been totally revamped to a healer's skill. It's like if you lost your healing from Flame Lash. Critical Surge has remained the only morph that actually heals like Power Surge healed before.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It never did.

Dear @GeorgeBlack
    Because our go to Major Sorcery buff skill has been totally revamped to a healer's skill. It's like if you lost your healing from Flame Lash. Critical Surge has remained the only morph that actually heals like Power Surge healed before.

Use Entropy.
    Imagine having such a powerful source and still complaining
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 2, 2019 10:09PM
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    I play my other more powerful characters.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never did.

Because Power Surge is now a Sorc Healer morph and the heal only procs off crit heal. So the majority of Sorcs, who are not healers, now no longer have access to that heal with Major Sorcery without taking up slots with abilities they may not want in the first place.

And why the hell should all three iterations of Surge, which is a Sorcerer class skill, have Major Brutality while only one has Major Sorcery?

Surge is now very biased towards Stamina Sorcs (which maybe is what you are, if you have a Sorcerer at all?).

So yes....why the hell?
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to ask how did you adapt to all the nerfs that we got. How are your Hardened Wards in noCP?

I didn't see too much of a change with exception to shields which was a sad nerf.

For the moment, I'm running a 5-1-1 with mighty chudan, necropotence and bright throat

My front bar is:

Curse, entropy, crushing, frags and twilight(or aegis/inner light/fury if non pet)with shooting star ult.

Backbar is:

Streak, dark deal, ward, dampen and twilight(rapid regen or aegis if non pet) with temporal.

Depending on enchants etc I'm getting between 9.3-10k wards in no-cp with around 19k rapid regen and like 9k twilight heal and with nord about 28k resistances or so. Numbers might be a bit off but close enough.

Edited by Ucarious on September 2, 2019 11:26PM
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note, if you run no pet, I'd suggest shackle or crafty alfiq.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My hybrid got destroyed by patch and I think my adaptation will be stacking a bunch of proc sets to do everything for me. After all, they never get nerfed...
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    My hybrid got destroyed by patch and I think my adaptation will be stacking a bunch of proc sets to do everything for me. After all, they never get nerfed...

Respec stam sorc and slot trap. It has a nice magicka sorc feel to it and when combined with hurricane, surge and streak makes for quite a nice pseudo hybrid sorc
    Edited by Calboy on September 3, 2019 5:36AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never did.

Dear @GeorgeBlack

Use Entropy.

Using entropy means having to use another slot for healing.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are your Hardened Wards in noCP?

Replaced by Empowered Ward. I refuse to pay how much ever HW costs now.

Wards are kind of a joke if you consider that they were originally designed to give you an offensive window. Now they barely cover a single Dizzying Swing or any spammable+LA.

I replaced Power Surge with Radiant Regeneration. A week later, I replaced Radiant Regeneration by Critical Surge. Let's see how they will butcher this skill, maybe heal when you get critically annoyed?
    Edited by Bergzorn on September 3, 2019 6:39AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never did.

It's outrageous to think that THE major sorcery class should have access to major sorcery in it's toolkit right? Crazy.

The sorc hate is strong in this one...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc is pretty balanced now. Shieldstacking is still viable and teleport is awsome, both morphs.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    I swapped to stam sorc to.

Mag sorc is simply *** atm.

RNG no on demand burst,
    dubble slot pet's to burst heal.
    otherwise the shittiest healing in the game.
    ward defenses that drains your resources three times more than it takes for anyone to bring them down.

sounds like a good class yea?

only thing sorc's are nice for is streak an negate, and stam sorc's does it better.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It never did.

It's outrageous to think that THE major sorcery class should have access to major sorcery in it's toolkit right? Crazy.

The sorc hate is strong in this one...

I'm still looking for major mending on my stamina templar. You know templar, the mending class?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plays my other OP AF stamina characters with the onslaught build that gives my enemies little to no counterplay. Because that is whats cool these days.

I'm done complaining. I just flow with the punches now and profit. ZOS nerf magicka more so I'm now OP AF Stamina spec now. At least I know ZOS will never nerf Stamina specs.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »

Respec stam sorc and slot trap. It has a nice magicka sorc feel to it and when combined with hurricane, surge and streak makes for quite a nice pseudo hybrid sorc

Yeah, but I don't wanna use soul trap and have someone rage when they die. Feels much better to not use it and win, then they cannot make excuses :D Plus playing without something OP always yields some great insights into the build process, so when you finally do use it...
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I retired mine. Outside of a dedicated group, where your role is to finish kills, sorc is in a bad spot.

Class defenses are very poor. The new ward is instantly deleted in no cp these days. No class healing passives so they synergize with new resto worse than every other class. No damage on class ranged stun means you need at least 4 GCD to kill even squishy classes. Bar space is very limited.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »

I didn't see too much of a change with exception to shields which was a sad nerf.

For the moment, I'm running a 5-1-1 with mighty chudan, necropotence and bright throat

My front bar is:

Curse, entropy, crushing, frags and twilight(or aegis/inner light/fury if non pet)with shooting star ult.

Backbar is:

Streak, dark deal, ward, dampen and twilight(rapid regen or aegis if non pet) with temporal.

Depending on enchants etc I'm getting between 9.3-10k wards in no-cp with around 19k rapid regen and like 9k twilight heal and with nord about 28k resistances or so. Numbers might be a bit off but close enough.

this was basically my build last patch so great to see it's still out there. do you think the twilight is even worth investment anymore or would you just drop and pick up two more skills (i see you gave options above but wondering if you are playing the bird mostly still today or let it go... i suppose if u let it go then necro changes to alfiq)
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • OwN_Reflex
    OwN_Reflex
    ✭✭
    I’m enjoying slapping everyone, including the AD EMP 1v1..... rocking my “ I THOT SORCS GOT NERFED” tabard.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Ucarious wrote: »

My front bar is:

Backbar is:

this was basically my build last patch so great to see it's still out there. do you think the twilight is even worth investment anymore or would you just drop and pick up two more skills (i see you gave options above but wondering if you are playing the bird mostly still today or let it go... i suppose if u let it go then necro changes to alfiq)

Honestly I'm running the overgrown chicken still because of the 8% health bonus. I can do without and prefer double baring Aegis just to push my resistances to the maximum to better deal with the cheesy stuff going around atm if I do. Using rapid regen instead of the somehow popular Heal Ward is a much easier option for me personally. And if I do let the bird go, my choices are usually between Alfiq or Shacklebreaker. They're both solid sets.
    Edited by Ucarious on September 3, 2019 6:58PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never did.

Dear @GeorgeBlack

Use Entropy.

Oh wow! I never knew that Entropy existed! You have opened my eyes! Now I can stop complaining... unless on people who don't bother trying to understand others.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from Critical Surge not having Major Sorcery everything's fine, but that really one thing is truly horrible and makes no sense.
    No sense at all.
    Senseless.

Lol, if grim focus gonna lose minor berserk, crit surge can lose major sorcery.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play it any more.
  • tennotsukai87
    tennotsukai87
    ✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    No sense at all.
    Senseless.

It never had major sorcery...
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    No sense at all.
    Senseless.

Except grim focus is actually recastable as an OP burst damage skill whereas surge is simply a buff skill. You’re comparing apples to oranges. If they gave surge’s originally-mag-sorc morph a recastable skill that deals as much damage as grim focus then yeah.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc is obsolete in ESO. Just reroll your MagSorcs to StamSorcs. All will be much easier and better.

~WARNING RANT AHEAD~
    Until ESO I never imagine I'd see the day. Where Warrior Mage would be much superior to Magical Mage. ESO destroyed the magical Archtype. It's unprecedented in the Western Fantasy RPG genre. Even in the other TES series, Magical Mage is stronger than Warrior Mage for obvious reasons.

In ESO there is not any reason to play Magical Mage. Other than to roleplay as a gimp Magical Sorcerer. When compared to your Warrior Sorcerer bothers and sisters.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on September 5, 2019 2:11PM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I “adapted” by putting soul trap and entropy on my bar and not even running a spammable. You literally don’t need one. I still haven’t mastered the new setup. I hope dots and magplar get nerfed next patch because although this new playstyle has its perks, it doesn’t matter if you can’t ever go offensive because your shields get eaten up in one second by all the Templars out there. And even if you do go offensive you’ll be perma snared and immobilized