Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need a Solo Pvp Character

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Im looking for something new. I only solo pvp no small group no other player.

Not feeling the magblade this patch. Was thinking maybe a stam blade or stamplar. I need something with good mobility and escape tools plus able to have some defensive with pressure to kill since im alone. (i know i want it all)
Any ideas what would be a good fit for a cp enviorment?

I have tryed a stam sorc, not much on dizzy swing i know its a l2p issue but last time i tryed i was wipped before i could get 1 swing off lol kinda ruined it for me.
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade and magsorcs probably have the easiest time solo do to streak and stealth.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not counting StamSorc or MagBlade. Than like the guy above me said you choices are StamBlade or MagSorc. However beware Sorc's damage is much lower compared to the StamBlade.

My opinion is for you to role StamBlade and profit.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct answer is Magicka Warden.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagNecro.
    Awesome mobility and damage.
    Very fluid playstyle.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    The correct answer is Magicka Warden.
    MagNecro.
    Awesome mobility and damage.
    Very fluid playstyle.

These are both really group shine classes.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you want to play Mag Sorc.
    go nerf yourself
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    as a solo / zerg rider magsorc i agree pm me and ill be happy to go into disgusting detail.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Sounds like you want to play Mag Sorc.
    go nerf yourself

LOL.

• stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    I was feeling the same and just switched from magblade to stamblade this patch... just had a small rant on another thread but I find Stamblade to be faster with more burst and overall more fun. Also a pretty easy switch from magblade.

Edit: I also almost exclusively solo pvp.
    Edited by stamdammered on September 5, 2019 3:28AM
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone that solos on every class in the game, this patch I've been having the most success with 2h bow stam sorc. The mobility is just so key this patch and with the new dizzy and onslaught bursting people is not a problem. Do not go stamblade... People may suggest it as it's always been one of the best solo classes but this patch I would rank it near the bottom of the list due to how squishy it is with the new dot meta.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭

I was feeling the same and just switched from magblade to stamblade this patch... just had a small rant on another thread but I find Stamblade to be faster with more burst and overall more fun. Also a pretty easy switch from magblade.

Edit: I also almost exclusively solo pvp.

This is definitely something that has crossed my mind.

However,
    zDan wrote: »
    As someone that solos on every class in the game, this patch I've been having the most success with 2h bow stam sorc. The mobility is just so key this patch and with the new dizzy and onslaught bursting people is not a problem. Do not go stamblade... People may suggest it as it's always been one of the best solo classes but this patch I would rank it near the bottom of the list due to how squishy it is with the new dot meta.

This is my fear they are so squishy.

I have both of these classes leveled to 50. Problem is i level them and then go back to magblade because its my fav. So the issue is putting in the time to farm the right gear and even more time learning. Not wanting to waste my time investing into something that im gonna get wrecked with.

@zdan as i said i did not do well with a stam sorc last time i tryed. However if it is doing well this patch i would like to give it another shot because i do agree mobility is extremely important. What are you running this patch? I would imagine i would need to be on the tankier side while learning as to not get blown up instantly. Any suggestions on that idea?
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »

@zdan as i said i did not do well with a stam sorc last time i tryed. However if it is doing well this patch i would like to give it another shot because i do agree mobility is extremely important. What are you running this patch? I would imagine i would need to be on the tankier side while learning as to not get blown up instantly. Any suggestions on that idea?

I'm currently running curse eater front bar (maul and 3 infused jewelry), 5 hulking on the body, 2 bloodspawn and a deaths wind bow back bar (can use masters if you have it)
    I'm struggling a lot with other classes but this I've had next to no troubles with. Just sucks that you pretty much have to run curse eater this patch because of all the dots.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also usually a solo, and was originally a magblade main.

Honestly, for this patch especially i would highly recommend you go with a vamp magplar.

Dots are useless against you, great survivability+escapability, buffs are easy and obvious to keep up, and their damage is pretty broken op right now.

Aside from that, I'd agree with the suggestions of either flavor of sorc, also for their survivability and escapability.

Honorable mention: Argo magdk. Way less similar to magblade than the other suggestions, as you have to be a little more careful of getting zerged on, but easily one of my most fun and stronk characters.

Happy to give advice on any of the above specs, bearing in mind im console so we haven't gotten pc's latest patch.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also usually a solo, and was originally a magblade main.

Honestly, for this patch especially i would highly recommend you go with a vamp magplar.

Dots are useless against you, great survivability+escapability, buffs are easy and obvious to keep up, and their damage is pretty broken op right now.

Aside from that, I'd agree with the suggestions of either flavor of sorc, also for their survivability and escapability.

Honorable mention: Argo magdk. Way less similar to magblade than the other suggestions, as you have to be a little more careful of getting zerged on, but easily one of my most fun and stronk characters.

Happy to give advice on any of the above specs, bearing in mind im console so we haven't gotten pc's latest patch.

Not a bad idea i thinking of giving the stam sorc another shot. I have been mag so long it sounds like a fun switch to run a stam character lol.
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    Y
    zDan wrote: »

@WacArnold I’d probably take his advice... I only have two specs and cba to level up another lol. I enjoyed the switch to stamblade but it’s not bis this patch.