Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Could we please be allowed to have 20 items in our inn housing?

Moonfalcon462
Moonfalcon462
✭✭
The NPC's have more items in their rooms than what I'm allowed to have and counting knick-knacks the current 15 is just too little.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it’s just a starter home. The limit encourages you to buy bigger homes and in more convenient locations.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with ESO+ you’d the limit is upped to 30 — which still feels too little for the larger inn rooms!

I think the apartments have a furnishing limit of 50/100 while being around the same size as the inn rooms so one of those might suit you better. :)
  • Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭
    Why not up the limit to 40 with ESO+ and 60/120 for apartments?
    Edited by Moonfalcon462 on September 4, 2019 8:56AM
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Increased item limit of 20/40 or 25/50 for Inn rooms would be great!

More for Apartments, not sure.
    I have 2 Apartments with 50 items (furnished them before i got eso+), and that already seems enough to me.
    So, 100 items with eso+ seems more fine to me for Apartments.

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Increased item limit of 20/40 or 25/50 for Inn rooms would be great!

More for Apartments, not sure.
    I have 2 Apartments with 50 items (furnished them before i got eso+), and that already seems enough to me.
    So, 100 items with eso+ seems more fine to me for Apartments.

I'll politely disagree in that if you just put furniture out you can indeed fill the room. But the item limit hinders the ability to build:

A stove for instance is a couple of orcish block tables, a pair of chests for oven doors, four to six plates as burners, another orcish block tables as a backsplash if you are in a wood walled room, add in a few pots for decor and you can have 12-17 items in 'one' space.

Same with a sink. A few sarcophagi plus a keg, or some metal plating and counters all add up. A big part of the joy of home ownership for so many of us is creating new items from existing stuff.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a starter house, its meant to be a start point.
    Here's a list of all the available houses, requirements to own them and their prices (crowns and/or gold)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a list of all the available houses, requirements to own them and their prices (crowns and/or gold)

I don’t think that should be a reason for an exceptionally low item limit and would pay Crowns to increase it. I have much larger properties now as well but sometimes you want a small space for your build or character concept.
  • Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭

Increasing it from 15 to 20 wouldn't break the bank and I'm happy with my little inn room.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm OK with the current limit (with ESO+) for the 3 smaller inn rooms, but for the 3 larger ones (Saint Delyn's, Golden Gryphon and the Sugar Bowl) it's too low.

I mean, you can just about manage, but it's very limiting.

The "only a starter home" argument doesn't really hold water, as sometimes there is only an inn room in that location (e.g. in Vivic).

So, it's not like you can just buy a townhouse there, instead, as there isn't one and the inn room there is bigger than some of the apartments, with less than 1/3 of the furnishing limit.

...and even if there is a townhouse in the location, like in Alinor, I still sometimes port to the inn room to do one of the delve dailies, or to steal and in the case of Elsweyr, the buzzing Hall (as I call it) is further away from most things than the inn room is, so I always port to the inn.

Not to mention that there just isn't much point in having a home you can't furnish to your satisfaction.

We don't all strip out one home before furnishing another, after all.

Many of us like to leave all homes we have furnished that way, until we maybe update them a little, at a future point.

I like all my furnished homes to look nice when I visit them and that really shouldn't be a stretch, if you have ESO+.
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 7, 2019 8:57PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

I don’t think that should be a reason for an exceptionally low item limit and would pay Crowns to increase it. I have much larger properties now as well but sometimes you want a small space for your build or character concept.

I agree it shouldn't, but you shouldn't have to pay Crowns to increase it, when you can get an apartment for relatively little gold, with over 3x the limit.

If they want to charge us a bit more gold, for a small increase in furnishing slots, then fair enough, I guess.
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 7, 2019 9:00PM
  • Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭
    I thought that I would get a response from someone associated with ZOS but I guess not.

Hmm... maybe I should try out WoW Classic?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that I would get a response from someone associated with ZOS but I guess not.

Play whatever you enjoy but I believe that WoW (even two-decade-old WoW) is sub only. If you had ESO+ then you could have 30 regular furnishings in each of your inn rooms — just saying. ;)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to have 20/40 or even 25/50 for the inn rooms. But I suspect the limit is so low to encourage players to upgrade to larger homes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2019 6:12PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'd love to have 20/40 or even 25/50 for the inn rooms. But I suspect the limit is so low to encourage players to upgrade to larger homes.

The problem is the item limit relative to the size of the home. Does an inn room that I wish I could place more items in make me want to buy Psijic Villa (or any other huge notable) so I can bemoan the item limit there? Certainly not. It did contribute to my wanting to buy an apartment (for gold) so that I could have a higher item limit in a small space. That’s not to say that I haven’t also bought a classic house and larger piece of land, but that was not the reason.

I suspect that the item limit on for inn rooms may be so low because they are free and thus everyone will have them and so this may reduce the server load (I have no idea about the technical side so perhaps I’m totally wrong). If something like this is the case, it would be great if we could pay to increase the item limit as then it would not be something everyone had (or would bring in enough revenue to be worth it).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You won't get a response here, but they do read it, apparently.
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 12, 2019 10:20AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The problem is the item limit relative to the size of the home. Does an inn room that I wish I could place more items in make me want to buy Psijic Villa (or any other huge notable) so I can bemoan the item limit there? Certainly not. It did contribute to my wanting to buy an apartment (for gold) so that I could have a higher item limit in a small space. That’s not to say that I haven’t also bought a classic house and larger piece of land, but that was not the reason.

I suspect that the item limit on for inn rooms may be so low because they are free and thus everyone will have them and so this may reduce the server load (I have no idea about the technical side so perhaps I’m totally wrong). If something like this is the case, it would be great if we could pay to increase the item limit as then it would not be something everyone had (or would bring in enough revenue to be worth it).

I'm not saying it would encourage someone to go all out and buy one of the monstrosities, but even an apartment or small home, which gets them spending gold and perhaps crowns on stuff to decorate them with. The small cap for the inn rooms is to get people started with something free, but free will necessarily be small, as I still think they do want to get players out of those into larger ones and thus to start spending gold/time/crowns on housing.

Yes, they're small because they are free, but I would argue that they are free to get players into housing. Sure, some won't care beyond having the free inn rooms, but giving players a free, small, sample can be the impetus to get into housing. And, they don't want to give someone a free, large, sample. No, just a free, small taste to whet their appetite. They clearly want players to move up, even if only to an apartment, which, as you pointed out can be smaller than some of the free inn rooms - but they have 50/100 slots to fill, thus starting players on their housing journey.

ETA: I'm mostly using small and large to refer to the item limit, not to the size of the house itself.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 12, 2019 10:09PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying it would encourage someone to go all out and buy one of the monstrosities, but even an apartment or small home, which gets them spending gold and perhaps crowns on stuff to decorate them with. The small cap for the inn rooms is to get people started with something free, but free will necessarily be small, as I still think they do want to get players out of those into larger ones and thus to start spending gold/time/crowns on housing.

Yes, they're small because they are free, but I would argue that they are free to get players into housing. Sure, some won't care beyond having the free inn rooms, but giving players a free, small, sample can be the impetus to get into housing. And, they don't want to give someone a free, large, sample. No, just a free, small taste to whet their appetite. They clearly want players to move up, even if only to an apartment, which, as you pointed out can be smaller than some of the free inn rooms - but they have 50/100 slots to fill, thus starting players on their housing journey.

ETA: I'm mostly using small and large to refer to the item limit, not to the size of the house itself.

Yes, I'm sure that is the essential idea of them, but we are arguing that it is a flawed idea, given the circumstances.

This "free sample" concept might make some sort of sense for the original free rooms, as they are all either tiny, or too small to require a higher furnishing limit.

But, the subsequent three are all either very generous, or quite generous, in size.

So, all those three do is to warn you, in advance, that the plague of housing, in this game, is its too-low furnishing limits for the sizes of the homes.

Actually, not all homes (especially not all medium/large homes) suffer from that plague, but if you were going off the example one of these rooms, you might assume they did.

Not only that, but tiny rooms, like Mara's, are hard to decorate at all; so, are less a sample of what is to come, but are more a challenge, with only one right answer.

Not many people will have high hopes for housing when either confronted with a tiny room with a generous limit, or a large room with a restrictive one.

Not only that, but (as I said previously) these rooms are mostly not in places with alternative houses, or apartments.

So, you can't just say "Oh well, once I get my apartment/house I will no longer visit this room.", because you almost certainly will.

Especially if you steal, which is of course a legitimate form of gameplay in this game.

Edited by Tigerseye on September 13, 2019 9:34AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be just fine if there were apartments in at least as many zones as the inn rooms! I would LOVE to buy apartments in Rimmen and Vivec City! I’d love to buy a small home in Balmorra too just because I spent so much time there in the original Morrowind. :blush: Many of the homes there are lovely and I either have or plan to get most of them, but the inn rooms currently have advantages in location and/or being the only small sized home available and sometimes that is what I want for a character or concept. I must conclude that ZOS hasn’t found these smaller homes profitable enough to continue making more available so that is why I request a purchasable item-cap increase for the inn rooms, which could fulfill the same purpose as the apartments then as well and allow us more options — and reasons to buy furnishings! ;)
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look, you can do some nice things with the Inn rooms, but realistically you'd need to sub for ESO+ for one month, and decorate them all within that month :)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484703/30-slot-challenge-show-off-your-inns/p1
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ErinM31 I totally agree about Balmora. It’s such a lovely little quaint town, so peaceful looking. It’s my favorite area in all of Vvardenfell.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA