Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[extraction] Equipment protection

Evanion
Evanion
I would really like to see a mod that would make it possible to mark items as 'protected', to prevent extraction of gear that I use.

When I extract, I have a full extraction set that I switch in to... And since all gear in you inventory and bank is shown in the extraction list, there have been plenty of times that my friends and I have extracted armor and weapons that we use...

I would like to have an indicator on the tooltip, and/or a confirmation box on items that I mark as protected, when I try to extract them.
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    Amen brother. How is this not a standard feature in the game already?
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    If you're putting on inspiration clothing, please be aware, the inspiration is applied when you deconstruct clothing with inspiration, not when you wear it to deconstruct.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @Evanion‌

Hi. You mentioned you changed into "full extraction gear" before you deconstructed. I was saying that gear with the "increased inspiration on extraction" doesn't increase your deconstruction inspiration when you wear it. It will only increase your inspiration when you deconstruct that particular item which increases inspiration on extraction.

Hopefully I was a little clearer.
    Edited by WhiteQueen on April 15, 2014 10:09AM
  • Evanion
    Evanion
    @WhiteQueen: Ok then I have misunderstood that part.
  • Monolyth
    Monolyth
    ✭✭
    I agree a protection or locking mechanism is a great idea.

In addition to equipment we should be able to do it on any item or stack of items. Basically locked items become unavailable for anything (crafting, withdrawal/deposit, trading, etc.) until unlocked in your bank or inventory.

I recently got bit by Extraction pulling items from my bank. That might be considered a "feature" but it is most absolutely not! I realized late last night that I extracted about 9 pieces of gear from my bank I was going to use to research missing traits. UGH!

Evanion wrote: »
    @WhiteQueen: Ok then I have misunderstood that part.
    Don't worry you aren't alone. I had a friend ask me about that as well. The wording could definitely be tweaked a bit.
    I would prefer to see something more like:
    "Extracting this item provides ##% more Inspiration Points."

Edited by Monolyth on April 18, 2014 4:55PM
  • Evanion
    Evanion
    Yea, the wording would definitely help clear up that misunderstanding.
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a mod that would make it possible to mark items as 'protected', to prevent extraction of gear that I use.

When I extract, I have a full extraction set that I switch in to... And since all gear in you inventory and bank is shown in the extraction list, there have been plenty of times that my friends and I have extracted armor and weapons that we use...

I would like to have an indicator on the tooltip, and/or a confirmation box on items that I mark as protected, when I try to extract them.

Item Saver is the best deal so far. Very promising.
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • Evanion
    Evanion
    @vantor THANK YOU!
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree wholeheartedly! Can't understand why its not been added as standard as they have the right click menu in place.
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 20, 2014 11:34AM
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    @vantor THANK YOU!

You're welcome :D

Invictus EU Guild Officer