Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First home/most recent home! Show me them!

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And most recent, a town I made for a tutorial, which went a bit wrong, but definitely an improvement to my tiny inn room a couple of years ago :D
    Screenshot_20190824_174112_zpsqqxa4wg4.png
    That looks insane :heart: Awesome build!
    Holy schmokes, what house is that? I wanna see!!!
    Just guessing, but Moon-Sugar Meadow on the PTS maybe? I think I spied an Elsweyr-style pillar in the background.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is that a ... creature?

Eeee? The bottom one? It's the flame trap in the Arena ;) I'm playing with fire...

Also I joined EU as stabbitydoom and am trying to spend some time there stalking homes

Lol, are you stalking my vast storage areas or the cannibalised homes?
    Ms StalkityDoom <3
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are all so amazing, both past and present! What a cool idea :)

Flickr is broken, apparently, so random weird links for mine haha! :D:D:D

My first home on live was the free AD inn room...

31965626813_9f5c095bf5_h_zpsqgkr6gwp.jpg

And most recent, a town I made for a tutorial, which went a bit wrong, but definitely an improvement to my tiny inn room a couple of years ago :D

Screenshot_20190824_174057_zpsf5bku3dt.png

Holy schmokes, what house is that? I wanna see!!!

Yes, this was initially for a tutorial on the pts, but I got a bit carried away :D All of my houses on live are open to visitors though :)
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll see if I can post a screenshot or two from my Xbox DVR some point tonight but my first home was daggerfall overlook and I think my latest was the arena but lately I’ve been working on my not-so-princely dawnlight palace so I’ll get a shot of that too.

Gotta say always love threads like this, get to see how people decorate different homes, whether they have a set style or come up with different styles of decoratifor each home
    These are all so amazing, both past and present! What a cool idea :)

Flickr is broken, apparently, so random weird links for mine haha! :D:D:D

My first home on live was the free AD inn room...

31965626813_9f5c095bf5_h_zpsqgkr6gwp.jpg

Screenshot_20190824_174057_zpsf5bku3dt.png

😦Welp there goes my hopes of achieving housing halls of fame... don’t think I’ll ever create something so big and amazing as a whole town. Very impressive as always😃 Must have taken a long time to build

Edit: here are links to my DVR screenshots:
    Daggerfall overlook:
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12891696

Arena:
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12891711

Palace links:
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12891725

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12891732

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12891735

Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2019 12:38PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh xbox? boo, i cant go see
    Edited by StabbityDoom on August 28, 2019 12:57PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh xbox? boo, i cant go see

Yea I’m only on Xbox EU sorry... but I do videos on my houses on YT (not great quality twitch and my internet aren’t great but not bad and good enough to see all the little details) in fact tonight I’ll be recording a second vid on my palace home to show progress since the last WiP vid. I know not as good as visiting but still least you’ll be able to see what’s done so far (should note I need to do an update vid for the arena too, the outlook is pretty much what is there though give or take a few items)

Would you like me to send a link via pm once I’ve done the arena and palace update videos?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll see if I can post a screenshot or two from my Xbox DVR some point tonight but my first home was daggerfall overlook and I think my latest was the arena but lately I’ve been working on my not-so-princely dawnlight palace so I’ll get a shot of that too.
    Was the Palace hit by a recent Dragon attack? :smiley: The barricades and all the rubble do not bode well. Your trophy room at Daggerfall was impressive looking too, but my fav is still the ruined Palace - it's quite unique and the part where the structural items are sunken into the water are great! :smile:
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Was the Palace hit by a recent Dragon attack? :smiley: The barricades and all the rubble do not bode well. Your trophy room at Daggerfall was impressive looking too, but my fav is still the ruined Palace - it's quite unique and the part where the structural items are sunken into the water are great! :smile:
    Eh dragon’s, elficans! (Elves), pact raiders, everything has attacked the palace at some time or other 😝 in reality I’m still working on the back story but I am going for a half ruined/falling to pieces, seen many sieges type of theme. And thanks for the compliments 🙂

Yea the sunken items I’m not quite happy with just yet but it’s getting there, I’m trying to give an impression of a small scale naval battle amongst the collapsing pillars. Just the destroyed ships I need to flesh out a bit more I think... Destruction at sea to match the besieged land area 😃

P.s. the palace is at 366/700 items so far current plans aim for around 600/700 leaving 100 item budget to play with (though the interior upper level is completely blocked off it may yet be unblocked if I hit my planned targets)
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on August 28, 2019 3:10PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 Aw thanks! You should submit your first build too, even if you don't have a very old one! :smile:

Sugar Bowl Suite is the first place I got and have been furnishing over the past month. Overall, I am happy with it and feels right to me for the character. :)
    qilbasfmuhwc.png

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Sugar Bowl Suite is the first place I got and have been furnishing over the past month. Overall, I am happy with it and feels right to me for the character. :)
    Nice! :smile: Your inn room is a great starter home, it has all the necessities an adventurer would wish for in a house - bedding with comfy pillows to sleep on, a table to breakfast and dine at, and a backpack and storage to keep one's valuables. Your feline flatmates also ensure that you are in good you company! :wink:

Off to a great start, I hope you'll have fun with your future projects too!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    @ErinM31 Aw thanks! You should submit your first build too, even if you don't have a very old one! :smile:

qilbasfmuhwc.png

I like the wall hanging, its argonian but it works well with the color sceme
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you so much for your kind words! :blush: I do really enjoy housing in ESO!

@StabbityDoom Thank you! I like to mix in some different furnishings when they work together and it makes sense for the character. :)
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, my first home was the Rosy Lion Inn room. It contained a night stand, a candle, some stone slabs (the makeshift bed) and a Daedrat (the pillow). Unfortunately I never took pics, and nowadays it looks - while still simple - pretty different.

The first house I owned and furnished was the Cyrodiilic Jungle house (picture taken from bed):
    aNzC0kY.jpg
    The last house I bought and furnished was the Gardner house. Here is a picture of the basement with the 'Vivec Spa & Massage Parlor':
    PttDA5O.jpg

And while visiting my houses, I discovered that there's a house I bought and forgot about midway through furnishing, as it seems ... the medium Bosmer home (I even forgot its name ... obviously not very impressed by the site :-/ ). Anyway, it looks pretty horrible in its current state, and it will be the next project I'll tackle.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, my first home was the Rosy Lion Inn room. It contained a night stand, a candle, some stone slabs (the makeshift bed) and a Daedrat (the pillow). Unfortunately I never took pics, and nowadays it looks - while still simple - pretty different.

The first house I owned and furnished was the Cyrodiilic Jungle house (picture taken from bed):
    aNzC0kY.jpg
    The last house I bought and furnished was the Gardner house. Here is a picture of the basement with the 'Vivec Spa & Massage Parlor':
    PttDA5O.jpg

And while visiting my houses, I discovered that there's a house I bought and forgot about midway through furnishing, as it seems ... the medium Bosmer home (I even forgot its name ... obviously not very impressed by the site :-/ ). Anyway, it looks pretty horrible in its current state, and it will be the next project I'll tackle.

I love what you did with the Cyrodiilic Jungle House! :) The hearth fits perfectly and makes it look so cozy and welcoming! A nice amount of furnishings and “clutter” too — great job!

Edited for error
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 4, 2019 7:59AM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, but that's not the Rosy Lion.... it's the Cyrodiilic Jungle house. I just never took pictures of the Rosy Lion :(.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the first real home, not counting the floor by the fireplace at The Rosy Lion, was The Tavern in the Dust in Bangkorai.

32920299107_7f595d19bd_c.jpg
    Lucky Claws at The Tavern in the Dust

Still a very respectable tavern and just about profitable business.

And well now - Claws Meadow Village.

Which was always home just with being born outside of Elsweyr this one had never been there before herself

A little difficult to get it all in one screenshot

48657406843_57202fb77a_c.jpg
    Sitting in the dancing meadow

Anyway for wandering folk such as this one 'home' is a complicated word yes with many layers of meaning. It is the places our ancestors lived, it is the places we are connected to over generations but mostly it is wherever we find ourselves when we need a nap yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, but that's not the Rosy Lion.... it's the Cyrodiilic Jungle house. I just never took pictures of the Rosy Lion :(.

How silly of me! It does say that there in your post! :o There are some similarities in how the walls look, at least in that shot, although the windows are absent and I see it is definitely bigger. A great furnishing job in any case! :D
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 4, 2019 8:03AM
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ye_Olde_Crowe I choked laughing at the daedrat as a pillow. It gave me the image of your character, decades from now, telling his/her grandkids "when I was young it was harder, no shoes, uphill in the snow, both ways, and we had daedrats as pillows and we were grateful, dangit!"