Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina BG class help

Ucarious
Ucarious
✭✭✭
So I've been enjoying my non pet magsorc in BGs, but I kind of want to try a stamina class and give being a brawler type a go now.

I'm torn between StamDen and StamDK... they both seem really cool to play but I can't decide which one and I'm not too versed with these classes to make a concrete decision.

What do you fine forum people think?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DKs aren’t doing so great rn. They’re still super tanky but delivering enough damage can be tough without proc sets and arena weapons. But if BGs is your thing then they can be ok in groups. Stamdens on the other hand are just as strong as ever if you like their play style (which I personally do not). They also I have great sustain built in which is a plus for no CP and they have the burst damage and tankiness. They’re only draw back is being a one hit wonder. If your sub assault burst combo doesn’t work out you’ve gotta restart. They don’t offer much in the way of continuous pressure.

Alternatively Stamplar is doing fairly well, though in no CP sustain can be tough especially where purge is concerned because without that they have a really hard time surviving.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade Snipe Spammer.

SSS.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Stam DKs aren’t doing so great rn. They’re still super tanky but delivering enough damage can be tough without proc sets and arena weapons. But if BGs is your thing then they can be ok in groups. Stamdens on the other hand are just as strong as ever if you like their play style (which I personally do not). They also I have great sustain built in which is a plus for no CP and they have the burst damage and tankiness. They’re only draw back is being a one hit wonder. If your sub assault burst combo doesn’t work out you’ve gotta restart. They don’t offer much in the way of continuous pressure.

Alternatively Stamplar is doing fairly well, though in no CP sustain can be tough especially where purge is concerned because without that they have a really hard time surviving.

Thanks for the input, I am one of those players that enjoys the rewards of pulling off the burst combo like a magsorc with frag+curse+execute combo. So going off your explanation it sounds like Stamden is the way to go.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    I've also heard that if I wanted to stay magicka based and be a melee type brawler a magplar can do that? Is that something worth looking into?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a stamplar and run extended ritual as your only Magicka ability. Jabs is one of the best class stamina spammable skills. As such, you can pretty much run any weapon setup you want.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Be a stamplar and run extended ritual as your only Magicka ability. Jabs is one of the best class stamina spammable skills. As such, you can pretty much run any weapon setup you want.

For some reason Stamplar just doesn't appeal to me at all tbh Magplar is only appealing because of the healing capabilities with a melee type fighting style.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    I've also heard that if I wanted to stay magicka based and be a melee type brawler a magplar can do that? Is that something worth looking into?

Hybrid builds are not worth looking into unless you’re trying to fill a very specific role in a very specific group.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Hybrid builds are not worth looking into unless you’re trying to fill a very specific role in a very specific group.

No no I didn't mean hybrid like steam and magicka, I meant like a magplar that uses magicka based melee spells and not ranged ones.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No no I didn't mean hybrid like steam and magicka, I meant like a magplar that uses magicka based melee spells and not ranged ones.

Yes Magplar are melee range magicka builds and they’re very good rn.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yes Magplar are melee range magicka builds and they’re very good rn.

I was thinking and toying around with some magplar builds recently on uesp to see if they could be good before leveling a whole new toon.

Something like 5-1-1 Skoria, heavy shacklebreaker and bright-throat for jewelry and weapons and for the bars,

Frontbar: Vamp bane, structured entropy, sweeps, soul splitting, toppling charge and crescent ult

Backbar: extended ritual, rune, honor the dead, living dark and meditate with remembrance or spell wall ult
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. magplar, magden, and mag DK have short range abilities that are staples of their performance. It would be odd if you didn’t run them.

Magplar tends to start out the fight at long range and line up a few things before pushing into jab range for ult dump / jabs before purifying light pops off. Then it tends to go back to range to purify and restart the dot combos / burst setup.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭

Ah. magplar, magden, and mag DK have short range abilities that are staples of their performance. It would be odd if you didn’t run them.

Magplar tends to start out the fight at long range and line up a few things before pushing into jab range for ult dump / jabs before purifying light pops off. Then it tends to go back to range to purify and restart the dot combos / burst setup.

That sounds kind of like the Stamden combo, you gotta line up shalks with dizzy and dawny into the execute then line it up again if it fails or you move on to a new target. XD