Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-On that shows spell penetration after Scalebreaker release

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
I've tried a couple add-ons that state that they'll display my spell penetration in the character window, but neither of them work and both haven't been updated in a while. I was wondering if anyone knows of an add-on that works, even today, that will show this stat. based on a toon's current setup and is actually updated and accurate?
Edited by malistorr on August 22, 2019 2:40PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be base game.
    I mean there aren't many sources, so its easy to add up, but still!!! Makes no sense its not on the character stat screen for all of us.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree this should definitely be shown in the actual game without add-ons. This looks like it can show good information but it's more involved than what I'm looking for. I'm lazy and want something quick and easy since I like playing casually and just enjoying my free time/game time. I don't want to turn ESO into a science experiment or job. So I'll just guestimate for now because, as someone said, there aren't too many sources. It would be nice if there was a simple add-on that displayed this kind of stuff and I guess there were, they just haven't been updated by the authors. Too bad. Thanks for answering.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Hargraven Extended Stats still work?
    Edited by Nestor on August 26, 2019 3:44PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe I tried that and it doesn't show spell pen.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extended Stats does work, I just made changes in the CP System and it showed the exact Penetration Values for both Spell and Physical

• malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll try it out then again soon then and see how it goes. Does it display my spell pen number on the character window? If not, how do I see that value?
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I'll try it out then again soon then and see how it goes. Does it display my spell pen number on the character window? If not, how do I see that value?

To see your spell and physical penetration values with uespLog you don't need to do anything but install the addon and reloadui; those values are part of its basic functionality, and they will appear on both your character sheet page and your inventory page. So don't worry, you won't be dealing with any of its others options unless you choose to.

Harven's Extended Stats will the values only on your character sheet page.

In my opinion, uespLog has the cleaner, simpler layout.

• malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I can just pull my my character page and see my spell pen I'll be happy. If I can just install 1 add-on to see it that's great for me. But I've tried that add-on before and it didn't display spell pen on my character page. It didn't change my character page at all. But I'll report by the end of the weekend if something has changed.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I installed extended stats again and it does nothing at all. It hasn't been updated in over a year as well. My character window is the default.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I installed extended stats again and it does nothing at all. It hasn't been updated in over a year as well. My character window is the default.

If you're willing to try one more time (I've never had to do the following; it worked out of the box for me); reinstall uesplog, start the game, and try typing this in the chat box: "/uespcustomstat on" (without the quotation marks) and reload the UI to take effect. Hopefully that works for you.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the steps you suggested and no change. Thanks anyway.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I did the steps you suggested and no change. Thanks anyway.

:(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have an addon conflict. Hargravens is a popular enough addon that it would have been updated by somebody if it needed to be. Most addons that report basic data do not really need to be updated. I have some that have not updated in years.

Anyway, if no addon is showing you what you want, some other addon you have is preventing that from happening.

• Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omni Stats is good for that
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I use. It works well: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1933-PenTest.html
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I installed Pentest. I see a box on my screen and I don't know how to move it or what it's trying to show me. Any idea how to use this addon? I don't see any instructions or a video tutorial.
    Edited by malistorr on September 2, 2019 3:25AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you press shift to bring up the HUD you should be able to click and drag the box. But the area to grab is tricky to find, so keep at it. Just check in Settiings/Addons for that addon and make sure the lock windows is not set.

As for what it is showing you, in most PVE fights outside of a group, your penetration is static. Unless you apply a buff to you or a debuff to the boss. I have never seen this addon, but I imagine it shows buffs on you and debuffs on the boss

• malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying but still stuck. I press shift in game and nothing happens at all. When I press escape and go to addons, I don't know how to tell if the "lock window is set". I don't even know what a lock window is or what you mean. I think I've given up at this point. There doesn't appear to be a single addon that will show me my current spell penetration in the character screen and that will stay updated regardless of if I change a factor that contributes to my spell pen value like removing some CP points etc. I'm going to uninstall every addon I have except 2. The only 2 I have that seem to work or do anything at all are the ones that show me map pins for lore books and skyshards.
    Edited by malistorr on September 3, 2019 2:35PM