Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dizzying Swing is too strong in PvP.

master_vanargand
master_vanargand
✭✭✭✭✭
Dizzying Swing is spammable big damage stun skill.
This became OP because the cast time was shortened.
Dizzying Swing is too strong in PvP.
So this should be nerf.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried like... not trying to get hit?

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Edit: I also think it’s good against mags that count a numerous amount of DoTs on you, if you survive in time to hit them repeatedly.
    Edited by Cerotonin on September 1, 2019 8:05PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried like... not trying to get hit?

I still find this skill as the most difficult to use because of how easily people can cancel it. Some people are the kings and queens of roll-dodging.

Dizzying Swing is more damaging than other spammable skills.
    This is evidence of a poor balance of spammable skills.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is using it.

One thought: if every skill that uses everybody is nerfed.... what all we use then?
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is using it.

One thought: if every skill that uses everybody is nerfed.... what all we use then?

I want more diversity than skill that are too strong.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly haven’t noticed a difference since last patch. The shortened cast time does make it easier to use, but adds more time for opponent counterplay before the next hit lands.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    On its own, I don't think it really is OP. It's strong and annoying when you're on the receiving end, especially so if you have higher latency -- at 250ms, if I block once I see its wind up animation, then it's too late. Yet, it's not dangerous by itself. But what makes it strong is its synergy with Onslaught, which is (imho) a ridiculously unbalanced ability.
    Edited by Vermethys on September 1, 2019 7:09PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    👎
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to enjoy going against it. I constantly walk into to the person winding it up knowing it'll be canceled.

Of course if you get jumped from behind it hits hard. But if you can't see it coming the cast time is irrelevant.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, yay! Another nerf thread.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My expectation of this topic: A lot of people who recently picked up using dizzying swing assuring everyone that the skill is perfectly fine in every way imaginable.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying swing has been barely usable since launch, against a skilled player the 1s cast time made it practically useless. The cast time reduction finally makes it a viable skill to use for high level pvp.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are only crying because they are finally getting hit with it. 1 second delay previously was more like 3 seconds. Your opponent could dance the cha cha around you while you were still winding up the skill.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    D-Swing is perfectly balanced. It's also the most fun and viscerally rewarding skill in the game. Don't you dare be nerfing it ZOS.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is using it.

I want more diversity than skill that are too strong.

"Diversity". hahahahahahaha
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moving out of the way is much easier than making a nerf thread, js.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h and Sword & Board users need a reliable spammable that does damage.

I suppose if we nerf Dswing, we could buff Puncture damage by 37%, and maybe Low Slash damage by 31%?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove the CC component. Then remove the damage component and make it heal. Then the QQ component.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what makes dizzy swing so strong is server performance because I could be stood well out of dizzy swing range and still get hit by it. I could also block and still take a full dizzy swing straight to the face.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 2, 2019 4:09PM
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzy has to be used in very close range plus it has a cast time it SHOULD be a risk involved with the reward. keep your range staves and massive dots and leave dizzy alone.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    My expectation of this topic: A lot of people who recently picked up using dizzying swing assuring everyone that the skill is perfectly fine in every way imaginable.

Do you use dizzy swing?
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow....
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes dizzying does do more damage than other spammables with CC. You know what else it has? A 0.8 second cast time rendering the user unable to AC with it and allowing the enemy to appropriately react to the skill. Maybe roll? Maybe tap block? Maybe do both of the above while casting defensive skills / heals?
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Look! A magsorc complaining.

(I dont even use 2h before you even go there noob)
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 2, 2019 3:43AM
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Yes dizzying does do more damage than other spammables with CC. You know what else it has? A 0.8 second cast time rendering the user unable to AC with it and allowing the enemy to appropriately react to the skill. Maybe roll? Maybe tap block? Maybe do both of the above while casting defensive skills / heals?

I believe you can shorten that duration with canceling, that with the inevitable lag that is cyrodiil is what makes people feel like they are getting hit with 2 or 3 dizzy's before they can react. I think Dizzy is fine at the 0.8 sec cast, just make it where you can't animation cancel it.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue when fighting Dizzy user: Hits when i walk out of range.

My issue when using Dizzy: It doesn't hit.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    My issue when fighting Dizzy user: Hits when i walk out of range.

My issue when using Dizzy: It doesn't hit.

This right here! I'm like 15 meters or more away and still get hit with 2 DS at once.

My guess is server performance is what's make it OP AF. Well since ZOS can't fix their servers. They should just balance this ability because of that fact.
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    With a latency of 500+ I find it virtually impossible to hit anything with DS. Conversely, I’m flattened with it all the time, even when I think I’ve blocked or dodged. 2H is no longer an option for me. I don’t want anything nerfed... just give me the server performance I pay good cash for.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recomend you to create a stam char and once play it in pvp. So you'll get a better feeling for how the skill works. You'll see how hard it actually is to land a hit with this skill. Since your char got to reach back before swinging the 2H the enemy always sees it comming .

Work on your movement before complaining about a supposed OP skill.

Sincerely, a mag player.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmvet wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »

I believe you can shorten that duration with canceling, that with the inevitable lag that is cyrodiil is what makes people feel like they are getting hit with 2 or 3 dizzy's before they can react. I think Dizzy is fine at the 0.8 sec cast, just make it where you can't animation cancel it.

You can't AC with it. People are complaining about cast times on ultimates and how you can't AC with them when they have a 0.4 second cast time. You can however weave with with it (light attack -> skill) like every ability in the game.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.