Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO = Entropy Soul(trap) Online

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This was just too good not to post lol, all from the same person. Granted Im in light armor but resists are still decent at 27k and 22k + Bloodspawn and 3.3k crit resist. 3 button meta yo.

zou5xKQ.jpg
Edited by Vapirko on September 1, 2019 11:27AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many points do you have on Thaumaturge?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

lol what? Thaumaturge does not protect against dots.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

They probs meant Thick-Skinned, the tree that reduce dot damage to you. But from what I take from this is:
    A ) the person or people have a crap ton of CP in Thaumaturge and/or have a lot of a lot into Spell Erosion.
    B ) there’s more than one person here
    C ) you have little to no points into Thick-Skinned
    D ) Nerf sorc again
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on September 1, 2019 11:45AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elder Dots Online PVP sucks. Personally I've taken a break from PVP until something changes.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 seconds of combat minimum, imagine being hit by 7 GCDs of spammabldes by two people with this high of offensive stats. You'd be dead nonetheless, dots are fine
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah i meant thick skinned (sorry i just woke up)
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a l2p issue... its alot of time that passed for overall damage.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    7 seconds of combat minimum, imagine being hit by 7 GCDs of spammabldes by two people with this high of offensive stats. You'd be dead nonetheless, dots are fine

Only target dummy and afk players get hit by 7 GCDs of spammables in 7s and only dead people try to spend 7s spamming spammable with no break for defense.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DoTs should never hit this hard. On a stamina builds, three well timed dodges, meaning none of your spammable matters. We can't deal with DoTs that way.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Spammables can be dodged and require line of sight. DOTs ignore line of sight, continue ticking for huge damage while you're taking other forms of damage and require you to slot purge if you want to get rid of them altogether which isn't even that reliable due to how easy DOTs are to apply.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They probs meant Thick-Skinned, the tree that reduce dot damage to you. But from what I take from this is:
    A ) the person or people have a crap ton of CP in Thaumaturge and/or have a lot of a lot into Spell Erosion.
    B ) there’s more than one person here
    C ) you have little to no points into Thick-Skinned
    D ) Nerf sorc again

20% damage reduction into thick skinned friend. I can’t show names but it’s all the same person.
    CompM4s wrote: »
    It looks like a l2p issue... its alot of time that passed for overall damage.

Lmao people get so triggered about their op dots. I don’t care, this was an out numbered fight otherwise I’d have been fine. It’s just comical how high the floor has come up and how easy these two dots make it for people to pack on damage. That’s 20k damage in 6 seconds from two dots, one of them a utility skill, never mind any direct damage from someone who can actually play. Don’t worry tho, ZOS won’t let take the dotz away from snowflakes.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Only target dummy and afk players get hit by 7 GCDs of spammables in 7s and only dead people try to spend 7s spamming spammable with no break for defense.

And only noobs think dots are spammables lol. That’s how dots work, they stay on you lmao. Doesn’t matter if you los.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    QXgOUyp.jpg
    :D
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    QXgOUyp.jpg

Hey don’t laugh, some people take that *** seriously.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    QXgOUyp.jpg

AHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHHAGAGAGAGA
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like those dots were used by some extreme glass cannon. I mean 11780 vs 20% thick skinned + 27k resists + battle spirit + elemental defender has to have some crazy tooltip. Probably high crit build which get very high crit chance roll in that period.

Maybe some PVE-er with 75% crit chance, 105% crit damage lol
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on September 1, 2019 2:34PM
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always makes me laugh seeing these dudes that say 'put more into thick skinned' like BRUH you could run 100 into thick skinned and these dots will still be hitting hard af... there is no need for it, this hurts outnumbered players the most too since all these zerglings have to do is apply a couple of dots and go on with their day.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it looks like those dots were used by some extreme glass cannon. I mean 11780 vs 20% thick skinned + 27k resists + battle spirit + elemental defender has to have some crazy tooltip. Probably high crit build which get very high crit chance roll in that period.

Maybe some PVE-er with 75% crit chance, 105% crit damage lol

Yeah I’m not really sure, they didn’t go down like a PvE build though. But then I think my heath desynced due to a crazy amount of incoming dot damage between that player a magplar and the rss guards. I kind of exploded. Heavy dot damage followed by a big burst is causing desyncs a lot for me lately. Happens a lot with dizzy swing and soul trap or poison injection in my recap.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You left a DoT on you for 7 seconds that did 11,180 damage in that time. Thats 1,597 dps. This is purely a L2P issue.

If you would have purged just once you could have negated 3 DoTs already applied to you.

If you want to be a stronger pvp player you will need to use every defensive tactic available to you. Cant just throw up a damage shield or perma dodge roll and all is forgiven. They buffed up purge for a reason. Time to slot it and L2P.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You left a DoT on you for 7 seconds that did 11,180 damage in that time. Thats 1,597 dps. This is purely a L2P issue.

If you would have purged just once you could have negated 3 DoTs already applied to you.

If you want to be a stronger pvp player you will need to use every defensive tactic available to you. Cant just throw up a damage shield or perma dodge roll and all is forgiven. They buffed up purge for a reason. Time to slot it and L2P.

I did purge ;) This doesn’t count all the dots that were already on me from another player+guards. I’m sure we can meet up on PC/NA for a 1v1 and you can show me all about how to be a strong PvPer.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    DOTs is killing pvp.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if his class doesn’t have a purge? Or is a stambuild? We slotting cleanse now? Forced to run one of the garbage cleanse sets?

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5k real damage per sec from a dot isnt that strong when compared to what was only class skills.

It's as if all classes have access to skills that only DKs and NBs had.... and they don't like it

Btw; having resistance is moot; it's absolutely the worst ever for mitigating damage now; especially CP game play (which is another reason you're having an issue; you're in CP apparently)
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 1, 2019 3:22PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That recap is so deceptive. Each of those dots hit you 9 times. You had 18 seconds to kill that guy. What were you doing all that time? Running around a tree, hoping the dots would just wear off?

ZOS needs to report just one tick per line on these recaps so we can put these silly threads to rest.

How is it deceptive? Also I think your math is off lol. You do know that you can have more than one dot on you at a time yes? Also as I said it was an outnumbered fight+rss guards so I need to get some los. Just drawing attention to the absurdity of two dots landing 20k worth of damage in 7 seconds and one of them being a strong utility skill. Also this was on a magicka toon, I use Entropy as well. This isn’t a biased opinion, it’s just too strong.

Those dots don't tick every second. They tick every 2 seconds. You got hit by at least 9 ticks (7+2 or 6+3)on that screen. That's 18 seconds. Vigor + rally can EASILY outpace that.

Keep in mind you can use dots as well, they're all generally the same strength.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5k real damage per sec from a dot isnt that strong when
    compared to what was only class skills.

It's as if all classes have access to skills that only DKs and NBs had.... and they don't like it

This post was originally for lols, more just laughing at the no brain “play style” a lot of people are adopting, but that actually is a lot for a dot. It’s especially a lot for a utility skill of which there is no real precedent. Go ahead and compare the Entropy tooltip to other class dots.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 1, 2019 3:30PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    That recap is so deceptive. Each of those dots hit you 9 times. You had 18 seconds to kill that guy. What were you doing all that time? Running around a tree, hoping the dots would just wear off?

ZOS needs to report just one tick per line on these recaps so we can put these silly threads to rest.

How is it deceptive? Also I think your math is off lol. You do know that you can have more than one dot on you at a time yes? Also as I said it was an outnumbered fight+rss guards so I need to get some los. Just drawing attention to the absurdity of two dots landing 20k worth of damage in 7 seconds and one of them being a strong utility skill. Also this was on a magicka toon, I use Entropy as well. This isn’t a biased opinion, it’s just too strong.

Those dots don't tick every second. They tick every 2 seconds. You got hit by at least 9 ticks (7+2 or 6+3)on that screen. That's 18 seconds. Vigor + rally can EASILY outpace that.

Keep in mind you can use dots as well, they're all generally the same strength.

Right, my mistake there lol. But again people are getting way too triggered over this post. I didn’t die to this person because the dots were too much to deal with even though I still think they’re way to strong. And I do use them. That’s why I think they’re too strong. But the post was just a laugh at the brainlessness of it. Anyway, I realize people are scared to lose their new dots lol. So much so they can’t even take a bit of humor about it. But I guess a lot of people finally feel strong.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn't even dots, the issue is people don't know that tooltips display the largest total damage, not necessarily what resulted in your death, nor the most recent. Dots are strong bc the counter requires more sacrifice (skill slots primarily), and those are precious.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note, recap doesn't show the last 5 hits/damage sources you've taken, just the most significant. He could well have been taking damage from melee attacks, ranged, etc which isn't showing, and have been affected by a significant amount of debuffs where it might take a few Purges to remove all the dots.

Just saw the post above mine - what he said as well :)
    Edited by Synozeer on September 1, 2019 4:18PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so happy I have yet to encounter this on Xbox. I hardly ever see soul splitting trap at all. Entropy is everywhere though. Most players on Xbox are either playing magplar or tanky stam the amount of magicka players has actually decreased this patch. I haven’t really had a problem with dots I know they are too strong because I had a 1v1 with a magplar using surge and skoria with both dots and it was just killing my health bar, but overall the zergs aren’t really using them as much as I thought they would.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did purge ;) This doesn’t count all the dots that were already on me from another player+guards. I’m sure we can meet up on PC/NA for a 1v1 and you can show me all about how to be a strong PvPer.

Sure then after we can meet up on xbox eu and ill show you how to fish then we can meet up on ps4 na and cook it together. Great end of summer date. Thing is....im just not that into you. Just saying