Bonsai Tree Furnishings

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please can we have some Bonsai tree furnishings?

In some cases, you could probably just use the existing tree assets, shrink them and place them in a pretty pot, with some earth and moss.

ryrzjhfse0um.png

rx57332aov76.png

dalvsylcxon0.png

axmzf5woecy6.png

byil7fmgpd6m.png

jkg8cpz34cnk.png

gpcwr1zyebq1.png

hxw0544g3zvb.png
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooo - +1 from me! I love bonsai - and my gosh I WANT those Japanese maples! Good lord, if you were going to buy one of those IRL it would probably cost THOUSANDS....
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp. I know you've all heard this ad nauseum but "EHT has it." In fact, I did an entire bonsai garden with pagoda.
    fvft5mvfnbdb.png
    hp2e6jzpg4ui.png
    0ap47bvkkfad.png
    8uux6nx3n5h0.png
    zczyip3lnhdz.png
    Edited by StabbityDoom on August 30, 2019 10:51PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, you can fake it with some plants/objects/coral
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, check out Summerset it's game lock there.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Welp. I know you've all heard this ad nauseum but "EHT has it." In fact, I did an entire bonsai garden with pagoda.
    fvft5mvfnbdb.png
    hp2e6jzpg4ui.png
    0ap47bvkkfad.png
    8uux6nx3n5h0.png
    zczyip3lnhdz.png

I have EHT and my main"problem" with it is, last I checked all those models were flat 2D (or I am too dumb to make them not flat) and I didn't like that one bit as you could see it wasn't from the game itself but a sprite put in.
    Metal forever \m/
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fvft5mvfnbdb.png
    hp2e6jzpg4ui.png
    0ap47bvkkfad.png
    8uux6nx3n5h0.png
    zczyip3lnhdz.png

That's really lovely, but I would like to do as much as I can without EHT, if possible.

Not everyone has it and places where it is used a lot can, obviously, look barren to those who don't.

I want my houses to look the same for everyone.

Also, last time there was an update, I had to reinstall all my addons and lost what little EHT I had used.

Fortunately, it was just a couple of murals, in my Sugarbowl inn room and some snow and stuff elsewhere and the homes were made to look fine without it (just better with it), but still.

I'd taken the time to carefully place it all, so it was slightly disappointing, but had I used it more extensively, it would have been a complete disaster.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 31, 2019 6:34AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom - gorgeous! I have downloaded EHT, but not really got started with it yet. I'm not good at learning from videos, I need written "manuals" - and of course I haven't found one yet....
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @StabbityDoom - gorgeous! I have downloaded EHT, but not really got started with it yet. I'm not good at learning from videos, I need written "manuals" - and of course I haven't found one yet....

It's super self explanatory once you open the fx tab (which is the leftmost tab that looks like a wand) - the building portions are a lot harder, so you may want to start with the fx which will let you make bonsai trees!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have EHT and my main"problem" with it is, last I checked all those models were flat 2D (or I am too dumb to make them not flat) and I didn't like that one bit as you could see it wasn't from the game itself but a sprite put in.

There are tricks for that - putting it up against the wall typically helps.
    There are non-static ones that work, like fire storms:
    mj67mo96tt7v.png

And if you put things off in the distance, they look normal - like the moon coral here: acdpblwj46ho.png

Some things, like the rabbits, turn so you don't ever seen the rear. @R_K remember i suggested this for other things like trees? I think it might work!

Also, you can now use the eidetic memory and other items to put every single readable thing you have discovered in your home as a book.

Water and other landscaping that cover everything actually moves when you walk through it, like normal water. In addition, those fisha re animated, and since they are up against a rock, they look 3d.

5mundh7p66aa.png

You can change the sky
    zotpwcj3qznz.png

You can add text. You can have your pets or banker speak by hiding an npc under it and giving it dialog.

and on and on. You can do so much more than just pop a tree or a bunny in :)

Edited by StabbityDoom on August 31, 2019 10:40PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    That's really lovely, but I would like to do as much as I can without EHT, if possible.

Not everyone has it and places where it is used a lot can, obviously, look barren to those who don't.

I want my houses to look the same for everyone.

Also, last time there was an update, I had to reinstall all my addons and lost what little EHT I had used.

Fortunately, it was just a couple of murals, in my Sugarbowl inn room and some snow and stuff elsewhere and the homes were made to look fine without it (just better with it), but still.

I'd taken the time to carefully place it all, so it was slightly disappointing, but had I used it more extensively, it would have been a complete disaster.

Fair enough, but that very rarely happens with updates (I think it never happened to me). You can always do something like where it looks normal to people without EHT, but EHT just adds a little extra.

Good example, I had a honey hive thinger here, and eht people just see a door and the "bees" - but it looks like a normal hive without those things too.
    kebiy9lp4t9s.png

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a garden in a bottle mastercraft recipe. It’s the most similar item in game to your request.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/miniature-garden-bottled/
    Edited by max_only on September 1, 2019 12:18AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So regarding EHT, is there a place to see what it adds? Like a consolidated list of images or some videos? I'm pretty new to housing deco in ESO so forgive my ignorance. What is it, how do I find out more?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    There’s a garden in a bottle mastercraft recipe. It’s the most similar item in game to your request.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/miniature-garden-bottled/

Yeah, I have that one.

It's OK, but it's very small and dark.

It's hard to even see what it is from a distance.

It's not like a relatively large, beautifully coloured, cherry tree in a pot.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    So regarding EHT, is there a place to see what it adds? Like a consolidated list of images or some videos? I'm pretty new to housing deco in ESO so forgive my ignorance. What is it, how do I find out more?

@R_K help a girl out? I forgot :(
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be super easy for ZOS to scale down some trees. They could add a pot, or not, we could use existing ones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It would be super easy for ZOS to scale down some trees. They could add a pot, or not, we could use existing ones.

Yeah, I would have thought so, too.

The cherries, for example, would be perfect - but, many others would be good, too.

Ideally, they would provide a pot, as bonsai pots are not like typical pots in the game and it would be nice to have that authentic, shallow shape (which is what stunts the growth, basically), with the earth and moss on top.

Also, it would save a furnishing slot if they did that.