Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moon-Sugar Meadow

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I tested the meadow extensively on the pts, and was only happy to record after build number 7 :D I think it is a really beautiful place with lots of potential, but several things irked me about it. If it were half the price, or available for gold, I would have purchased it, but I won't pay what they are asking for it, because I only buy homes at a price like that if I love them! And although I like aspects of this one very much, and although I love building, I do not love this place. It's great that it isn't limited though, so we don't need to rush to purchase it and have all of the time we want to consider it.

I wrote an extensive review of the meadow and my own personal impressions and opinions of it whilst spending all of that time playing around in the place, which I shall link below, for anybody who is interested in reading a mini novel! :D

I personally can't justify paying that price for it, simply because I don't love it myself, but if people do love it, then it is probably worth it to them! I bought Hunter's Glade, which was far more expensive, on both the EU and NA server, so I can't really judge :D we all look for different things, when it comes to our houses :)

https://elaranorthwind.home.blog/2019/07/30/moon-sugar-meadow-review/

Yes, of course.

I absolutely love the Meadow, visually speaking, so I was very happy I could just about afford it without buying more Crowns.

Whereas, I didn't bother with Hunter's Glade, as I just didn't like it that much.

It's lucky for ZOS that we all have different opinions on housing, and lucky for those of us who love to visit others homes and see what amazing creations that they have come up with! It would be boring if we all liked the same ones! :) For me, I don't dislike the meadow at all, but there are other homes I would prefer to spend that many crowns on, but sometimes we are hit by crazy ideas so it's great that this one is not limited, so that we don't have to rush in to purchasing it, knowing that it will always be there :)

I do think that all homes should be available to purchase with gold though, because although I applaud ZOS for their hard work with some of these homes, some of the prices are outrageous, not so much for this one, £40 or so isn't as bad as the £100 ones, but for pixels it is still quite pricey for some people, especially those whose main enjoyment from this game comes from housing, who already have to fork out a crazy amount of crowns, and grind for days each time they purchase and decorate a new home.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on August 30, 2019 8:21PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has now set the village as an open house via EHT.

So feel free to rest your wagon and stop to get the wheels repaired, stock up on supplies from the market, visit the healer or even get some nice new clothes made.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I'm really glad it's not time limited and I can save my crowns that I currently have for a time limited thing and then use my later Eso plus to get this. That's if I can hold off from temptation.
    It's lucky for ZOS that we all have different opinions on housing, and lucky for those of us who love to visit others homes and see what amazing creations that they have come up with! It would be boring if we all liked the same ones! :) For me, I don't dislike the meadow at all, but there are other homes I would prefer to spend that many crowns on, but sometimes we are hit by crazy ideas so it's great that this one is not limited, so that we don't have to rush in to purchasing it, knowing that it will always be there :)

I do think that all homes should be available to purchase with gold though, because although I applaud ZOS for their hard work with some of these homes, some of the prices are outrageous, not so much for this one, £40 or so isn't as bad as the £100 ones, but for pixels it is still quite pricey for some people, especially those whose main enjoyment from this game comes from housing, who already have to fork out a crazy amount of crowns, and grind for days each time they purchase and decorate a new home.
    Shhhhhh don't tell them that. :grimace: If the monetization department hears of this, they will make all homes limited time to pressure people into immediately purchasing them.

Jokes aside though, I agree completely that homes should be purchasable with gold as well, but that it's nice that there is some variety in house styles so that everybody can find something they like! And well, personally I wouldn't buy the Meadow even if it was Limited Time only because I'm not interested in it. Perhaps if it was less than 1mill gold, I might consider getting it as a storage home but no way am I spending 6,4k Crowns on that. :disappointed:
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one has now set the village as an open house via EHT.

So feel free to rest your wagon and stop to get the wheels repaired, stock up on supplies from the market, visit the healer or even get some nice new clothes made.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

How exciting! Elara and her crew will be breaking and entering at some point to see your wonderful creation, for sure :)

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I'm really glad it's not time limited and I can save my crowns that I currently have for a time limited thing and then use my later Eso plus to get this. That's if I can hold off from temptation.

Shhhhhh don't tell them that. :grimace: If the monetization department hears of this, they will make all homes limited time to pressure people into immediately purchasing them.

Jokes aside though, I agree completely that homes should be purchasable with gold as well, but that it's nice that there is some variety in house styles so that everybody can find something they like! And well, personally I wouldn't buy the Meadow even if it was Limited Time only because I'm not interested in it. Perhaps if it was less than 1mill gold, I might consider getting it as a storage home but no way am I spending 6,4k Crowns on that. :disappointed:

Haha! :D I'm sure if all homes were available at all times, and for gold, they may even make more money! Because more people would be buying furnishings for their homes with crowns! Hmmm... Come to think of it... I wonder if these free homes are like their little test, the money making crew seeing how many people throw their hard earned cash at them for furnishing packs when they get a free home :D

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy that this was cheaper than Hunter's Glade. I am a tropics lover myself, and am happily working on building a house off to one side and thickening the jungle on the rest, trying to get a more rainforesty look going. I think I'm going to mark the slaughterfish line in the water for swimmer safety. This plot makes me wish more than ever that they'd let us buy fishing nodes for our homes!

I'm also *really* happy that this isn't limited. I have several friends who want this property and will eventually have the money to spend on it while they don't at this very moment, which means ZOS has finally done the smart thing and decided that having someone's money a couple of weeks from now is just as good as having it yesterday, and way better than *never* getting it. I hope buyer response is enough to train them out of that limited-time crap, or at least get them to do it less often.
    Edited by Minyassa on August 30, 2019 11:21PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A question for anyone who has already bought this property:

Are the stone temple/altar structures permanent or can they be removed?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    A question for anyone who has already bought this property:

Are the stone temple/altar structures permanent or can they be removed?

They can be moved!

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was planning on getting the meadow, but when I previewed it again Thursday, I realized all the water is quite brown...
    I realize that's perhaps more realistic, but I'd been planning to build out into the water, and brown water just looks icky
    Was pretty bummed out, but aside from that it's a gorgeous property and very reasonably priced, imo
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I was planning on getting the meadow, but when I previewed it again Thursday, I realized all the water is quite brown...
    I realize that's perhaps more realistic, but I'd been planning to build out into the water, and brown water just looks icky
    Was pretty bummed out, but aside from that it's a gorgeous property and very reasonably priced, imo

I'm used to that - it's just silt.

Rivers look like that in the UK, as well.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm used to that - it's just silt.

Rivers look like that in the UK, as well.

Aye, most water is brownish, but this is fantasy, and I was keen on some lovely clear blue streams (
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few more changes in Claws Meadow Village this one has made a decision. There will be no guided tours. This one most especially wants guests and travellers to experience it as they would any other small village that they come across in their travels. Also Mayor Winkworth Claws is getting on a bit these days.

And of course every village does have little secrets to be discovered ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would people feel about it if they made, say, a slightly raised, large (but, not huge), two storey house, with doors, clear windows, balconies and verandas just about the same size as the non-grassy area to the West of the plot?

If that cost, say, 2,000 Crowns, bringing the entire price up to 8,400 Crowns and you still, then, had 699 slots free (minus the ones taken up by removable trees and rocks), would that then make it seem more worth the money?
    That sounds a lot more worth it to me! I'm not 100% sure I'd buy it, but I would at least consider it during a Crown sale or something.
    Open for visitors any time and now set as primary residence so do call in if you wish to do so.
    I may have to take you up on that offer using my EU character. Perhaps seeing it used in such a way will convince me of its worth :)
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little note of worth. Claws Meadow Village is the guild hall, as such, for Clan Claws. Thus things change. Sweetrolls go from the market, pigs and chickens wander. Many homes and businesses belong to those in the guild.

Thus nothing stays the same ...

Some have also asked for a map so this one will do something when she can.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little note of worth. Claws Meadow Village is the guild hall, as such, for Clan Claws. Thus things change. Sweetrolls go from the market, pigs and chickens wander. Many homes and businesses belong to those in the guild.

Thus nothing stays the same ...

Some have also asked for a map so this one will do something when she can.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I’ll have to visit your clinic! Is it a veterinarian on call or a regular doctor? :p
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few more changes in Claws Meadow Village this one has made a decision. There will be no guided tours. This one most especially wants guests and travellers to experience it as they would any other small village that they come across in their travels. Also Mayor Winkworth Claws is getting on a bit these days.

And of course every village does have little secrets to be discovered ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I’d love to come by and see your village! Alas, it sounds like you are on the EU PC server, yes? I am on NA.

It’s cool that your village can be used by your guild too! I was thinking how even more than mansions, this property would really benefit from having NPCs to populate it with! :)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as requested by the members of Clan Claws last night - here is a map:

48658388706_63aa8f0917_z.jpg
    Claws Meadow Village map

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I know anything about felines the spot where they don’t want you to look is the best spot. “Nothing” huh?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing. Just trees and water. Nothing being hidden there at all. Just empty space …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. I saw nothing while visiting!
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way if anyone they wish to call by, and a couple of travellers have asked, the username you need is @wenxue222

This one is located in EU PC Tamriel and the village can be reached via Port to Friends House or EHT.

It is also my primary if you happen to already be an acquaintance or guildie.

Now - someone else please show what you have done! This one is most curious.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much, actually ... this is more of a festival camp, yet the festival is yet to take place. Plus, I need waaaaay more tents!

Here is an overview of the site - the sleep/meet/breakfast/small stage area to the left, the disco/main stage area in the middle, the catering/administrative/bigger stage area to the right:
    AnVambk.jpg
    The sleep/meeting space/breakfast area (partial - including baggage storage, excluding stage):
    nMTRO8u.jpg
    The small stage and additional tents:
    C1mX66N.jpg
    View from the breakfast club tower:
    1vY3Ks3.jpg
    The main stage/disco area, with all disco stuff on:
    5eyfTHf.jpg?1
    The regular stage area as seen from the catering tent:
    Cm0MnfO.jpg
    And finally, the place owner/show runner:
    NhfGDCR.jpg?1
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... oh and the slaughterfish ouches. Why put that much water space there if it can’t all be used, just invis wall the opposite river bank.

I've built a platform area above the slaughter water with bridges, floors and steps. I though it might make a decent duelling area with consequences if you fall off.

• LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    It's beautiful, but I know I won't be able to build a decent house, plus furnish it to a satisfactory standard, on 700 slots.

Then, of course, there is the fact that you can't resize building assets and there are no real window frames, doors, or roofs, you can use.

Really wish you could add an optional, pre-built, house to these plots.

Or, alternatively, remove one that is already placed there, if you prefer.

If either was the case, I would buy it.

I have often thought the same thing! And there are sooo many good, reasonably sized, buildings in the game already that would make great houses. I really would love to have a choice of plots of land and then a choice of houses to put on them in the location/position I want. That would be amazing. Right now their building pieces are... just enough to be frustrating. Like you have the good BEGINNINGS of something...but you can't complete ANY style. *sigh*

I think the Elsweyr style offers fairly comprehensive structural capabilities. This is an example of what is possible with them at MoonSugar Meadow
    https://youtu.be/Ln2pBrmWAgU

This is an incredible build! But now I want to pose a challenge to console players. After this is released into the game, I want to see what you can do without addons. As I write this it's not possible, but I know this thread will be here after Moon Sugar Meadow is actually in the game and not just on the PTS. I want to see no EHT or other add-ons. I, myself, am not that creative. But I know a lot of you out there are. @ZAD1ST I'm looking at you because I know you're a great decorator on Xbox. 😀 And other console players, show us your stuff please!

@LadySinflower this is very much possible on console. I always use NO add-ons to build and I build using a game-pad.

@Zypheran that's good to know! Thank you!

Now that this is in the crown store I took a look at it. It's gorgeous, and huge! I'm not yet to the stage where I have the gold and crafting ability to take on such a big project. But I look forward to seeing what some of you do!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a stroll in Clan Claws Clan Village today - danced a bit in the meadow, too - and to find the huts and tents there just made me realize how big the area truly is, more so than walking around in my empty version. I don't yet know what to build there. But ideas will surely come. :)
    PC/EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a stroll in Clan Claws Clan Village today - danced a bit in the meadow, too - and to find the huts and tents there just made me realize how big the area truly is, more so than walking around in my empty version. I don't yet know what to build there. But ideas will surely come. :)

You just can't walk by the dancing meadow without having a little dance xd.

Very glad you could call by.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Oh @SantieClaws I just visited your village in the peaceful meadow and it’s simply stunning! The level of detail and creativity is wonderful, things like the wagon in the smithy for repair and the mischievous pig pilfering someone’s forgotten goodies on the beach :D

I lament the limitations placed on you though. It would be so nice to have a dozen more animals in town and the farms, and to have your helpers and other characters staffing their stalls and storefronts.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luthid wrote: »
    Oh @SantieClaws I just visited your village in the peaceful meadow and it’s simply stunning! The level of detail and creativity is wonderful, things like the wagon in the smithy for repair and the mischievous pig pilfering someone’s forgotten goodies on the beach :D

I lament the limitations placed on you though. It would be so nice to have a dozen more animals in town and the farms, and to have your helpers and other characters staffing their stalls and storefronts.

Many thanks for calling by.

This one herself is not always responsible for all the things the pigs do. Last time this one was there all of the pigs were gathered in the dancing meadow. They do tend to wander … A constant task to keep them out of the grain fields and the alchemist's garden.

More animals would certainly be welcome yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About how many furnishings (in the form of ruins, rocks, trees, etc.) come with Moon Sugar Meadow? I will probably get it as I like both the ability to have a natural landscape with lots of trees and a waterfall and to be able to create my own building(s) — and I do hope that there will continue to be more structure options!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The furnishings that were there took up about 100 slots. Many trees, big red plants, some green plants. Also a couple of very large ruined temple things, along with the platforms they are on. About six round braziers also.

This one does not recall any of the rocks being moveable furnishings which is a shame as there are a few this one would have liked to have moved out of the way.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws