The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having problem with Lorebooks addons

Golden_Cat
Golden_Cat
✭✭✭
The problem is I can't show books and notes solely on my compass.
When I turned off map pins all pins on compass disappeared while the option for pins on compass was still on.
I tried reinstalling all addons but couldn't fix this.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe to have a pin on the compass, the object has to render on the map. It's only quests that can show up on your compass without being on the map.

Map Pins is basically a central control addon to turn on and off map objects than something that generates them. Yes, there are things I generates natively, but its other main function is to filter what you see on the map, hence the compass.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am home now, so I have access to the game. I have both Map Pins and Lore Books. I see all books on my Compass.

If I set the option to show unknown Eidectic Memory books on the Compass, they show up on the compass, same with Show Lorebooks on Compass.

Map Pins is set to show unknown books.

So either something is not set right, or you have an another addon conflicting or your Lib Files are not updated for all mods.

Answer ✓
  • Golden_Cat
    Golden_Cat
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I forgot to mention skyshard addon can show pin on compass but not on map.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be a performance issue, with only 16 shards vs dozens of books. I know you can't see edictic books without the Lorebooks addon, but map pins will show mages Lore books without Lore books. So, it maybe a rendering issue with the map Pins addon.

Have you tried setting compass pins in Lorebooks for Eidectic?
    Edited by Nestor on August 30, 2019 4:07AM

• Golden_Cat
    Golden_Cat
    ✭✭✭
    I tried that, didn't work.
  • Golden_Cat
    Golden_Cat
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am home now, so I have access to the game. I have both Map Pins and Lore Books. I see all books on my Compass.

If I set the option to show unknown Eidectic Memory books on the Compass, they show up on the compass, same with Show Lorebooks on Compass.

Map Pins is set to show unknown books.

So either something is not set right, or you have an another addon conflicting or your Lib Files are not updated for all mods.

I'm not native speaker so it took me a while to understand this answer, did you mean you have both option for books on map and compass?
    I want to have some immersion in my game so I want them to be shown on my compass only.
    souwn5jrte75.png
    taaau69ph168.png
    If the addon doesn't work as I want I can just collect eidetic memory after completing the zone.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I remember it is like Nestor already wrote before:
    I believe to have a pin on the compass, the object has to render on the map. It's only quests that can show up on your compass without being on the map.

So if you turn of the checkboxes in Lorebooks settings for "Show unknown lorebooks" they neither show on the map nor the compass.