Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?

Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.
    Edited by Akinos on August 29, 2019 3:50PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall spring loaded is considered a drink right ?

And I’ve played a little magplar and stamplar this update, I think stamplar is still more fun; maybe because it fits my style more. I have noticed I get less frustrated on my magplar though.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I’ve played a little magplar and stamplar this update, I think stamplar is still more fun; maybe because it fits my style more. I have noticed I get less frustrated on my magplar though.

Yes you can use SLI with Bright Throat - I think common choices are SLI, WMPB and Ghastly Eye or whatever it is (Max Mag and Regen) but that's better suited for places like IC if you're running Imp Physique.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

Isaturkey huh? Wow
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think Spring loaded is much better than witch mother's ever since wm was nerfed. But as BNOC mentioned Ghastly Eye Bowl (which shows up as Eye Scream in S'rendarr's lol) is definitely a contender if you can get your stam/health from other souces (imperial?).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can use SLI with Bright Throat - I think common choices are SLI, WMPB and Ghastly Eye or whatever it is (Max Mag and Regen) but that's better suited for places like IC if you're running Imp Physique.

Yeah figured, I was going to test swapping out trans with bright throats. I already have a decent amount of crit resistance without it.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Sorry mate I disagree. I think it’s fairly clear that magplars have the biggest toolkit going perhaps besides magsorcs. I can understand how Templar’s won’t like to admit this however. I’ve said what I came to say and inevitably the L2P comments have arrived. Cheers.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Sorry mate I disagree. I think it’s fairly clear that magplars have the biggest toolkit going perhaps besides magsorcs. I can understand how Templar’s won’t like to admit this however. I’ve said what I came to say and inevitably the L2P comments have arrived. Cheers.

No, you are just terribly biased and dont understand templar isnt the problem and the current dot ridden meta is, templars happen to be a class with their identity ability being an excellent self-purge ability which is the best thing to have currently.
    Try to go back a month back - has anyone complained about templars back then? Is it the classes fault or a coincidental interaction with current meta? I think its the latter, im fairly sure it is actually, but you are too ignorant to see anythine else than your own entitled opinion. I believe alliance skill purge needs a rework - cheap self version removing 3 effects with 4k mag base cost and a more expensive aoe morph like efficient purge is.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Yep.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

No, you are just terribly biased and dont understand templar isnt the problem and the current dot ridden meta is, templars happen to be a class with their identity ability being an excellent self-purge ability which is the best thing to have currently.
    Try to go back a month back - has anyone complained about templars back then? Is it the classes fault or a coincidental interaction with current meta? I think its the latter, im fairly sure it is actually, but you are too ignorant to see anythine else than your own entitled opinion. I believe alliance skill purge needs a rework - cheap self version removing 3 effects with 4k mag base cost and a more expensive aoe morph like efficient purge is.

Fully agree with this!!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplars have fell into this place where ppl complain about them because of all the dot damage now. NOBODY was complaining magplars were op before and they still have the same downsides they have always had. Mainly mobility and channelled skills. Ppl forget the ER cost pretty much 4k and isnt spammed any way as it's pointless removing alot of dots just for the other player to reapply them for a cost cheaper than ER is. It removes 5 negative effects which isnt alot for the cost especially when some skills give 2 or 3 effects on their own
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minus health desyncs are crazy atm.

But, every class is a beast right now against idiots. Killing anyone with skill using sweeps/ jabs is a nightmare. Bad players melt to it. If you think jabplars are strong you have awful movement skills. There's a huge difference in say, akinos movement in jabs vs the 3 or 4 templars he dumped on.

Sweeps is on my bar for xing morons. It's particularly awful AGAIN since they reverted the movement.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Yep.

Wait, am I getting zerged in forums? Lmao
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    @Rhaegar75

Full triune, i get my resistance from the lady... if you know what i mean! Heeeeeeeeyyyy. Using wm brew too.

I use spring loaded and astro mundus, with bloodspawn open world or shadow redend for small scall

Im trading that the little bit of extra stats and the stam for lady mundus. 18k isnt needed imo. I'd rather have the extra resists.

Yea each to their own, i like to have big stam pool on my plar for block, dodge roll and break free, always come in handy

I do as well. But a lot comes down to what campaign someone is playing, what faction, and whether they are going against potatoes or equally skilled players--the latter changes by time of night for me. Later at night it seems that every EP small scale group we face has 2 DKs constantly trying to CC me.

Also in PC NA 30 DAy CP there are a ridiculous amount of people running siphoning/stat drain poisons right now.
    Edited by Hexquisite on August 29, 2019 7:53PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would comment on the ongoing zergfest, but I think one of my comments was reported...not going to say by whoooo....but yea.

Templars are fun for people who main a templar. Doesn't make them OP or better than other classes that have much better class skill/passive synergy and better damage output/tankability/mobility....
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

I’m not here to say magplars should be gutted. I don’t think they should be. They are going to be strong this patch, it is what it is, I just think eclipse should be looked into it at least go back to being CC breakable. Makes no sense why you shouldn’t be able to break that. I’ve also thought that mages wrath should have been adjusted now forever too. I think it should be an execute but I don’t think it should be able to stick around for 4 seconds and give you all that time and again, it’s way stronger now because of the addition to the strong single target DOT meta.
    I blame the DOT meta mostly for unbalancing classes that were already fine. The dot meta indirectly buffed classes that were already strong and some classes just didn’t feel that buff. Magdk being one IMO.

And let’s be real, any medium armor stamina class had vigor TOTALLY negated but degen and soul trap. So that leaves them without a reliable head on most classes with a few exceptions. (Dark deal, warden seeds, stampar cleanse and breath if used.). The dot meta just really kills build diversity. I mean the fact that you now have many stam toons running a magicka set (Curse eater) ought to be a giant red flag to ZOS. But it seems like they have gone all in so to speak on the dot meta being a thing so who knows.
    As far as being a zergling, no. I run with my guild Warbunnies of Doom in Sotha 2-3 nights a week. Otherwise I run open world in Vivec with 3-5 people and also do BG’s though I’m pretty much done in there. Ran three hours ago and went against a premade of THREE TEMPLARS AND A WARDEN. ALL guarding each other. So yea that was fun...That is the game these days though. Heal and cleanse all damage while putting a few dots on the enemy. Then they would just guard each other and rotate rememberance, rememberance, perma, rememberance, 18 BOL’s, Tree ult...get the picture? Pure cancer. And for the guys on Xbox that would rather just tell me to L2P and all that typical stuff, you guys have a few youtubers that are pretty knowledgeable and who I respect. IsThereNoOneElse and Kristofer. Each one had a video out today about the new PvP meta and basic commentary. You will never believe which toon/class they believe to be Op/Overtuned. I digress, however, and will end by concluding that it is the DOT meta that has made Magplar stronger than it should be. It was already strong, but not too much IMO. That is not the case anymore. Sorry for the novel, I just want to try and explain myself as best as possible to try to avoid the L2P replies. Thanks for taking the time to read if you have. Cheers.
    *take it easy on me with the spelling (iPhone keyboard) : )
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

Not sure if serious, or trolling...
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would comment on the ongoing zergfest, but I think one of my comments was reported...not going to say by whoooo....but yea.

Templars are fun for people who main a templar. Doesn't make them OP or better than other classes that have much better class skill/passive synergy and better damage output/tankability/mobility....

Fair enough. Just wanted to clear up saying I have never reported anyone on forums. Never will, never have. Not sure if that was directed at me or not. Feel free to say anything you wish to me. All good.
    Regarding your last sentence, I guess that is kind of my point. I don’t think one can argue that at least right now, There isn’t a toon out there with a better tool kit atm. You said “Doesn’t make them OP or better than other classes that have MUCH better skills, yanking, dps, mobility, etc, etc.”. What class would you say has better all around tools than a Templar? I’m genuinely interested in what you think.
    If I wanted the strongest heals, I would think Templar. If I wanted the most resistances, Templar. Mobility isn’t the best but it’s a mag toon. Sure it’s no sorc streak but have you seen magdk mobility? Sure one can argue slot chains but real estate on magdk bars is virtually sold out. Can’t even run engulfing flames and I run chudan to even free up volatile armor. And at least the Templar gap closer is ACTUALLY WORTH slotting because it’s straight up awesome. And of course one of the main things is that you can cleanse dots. Won’t go into how great that is in general, much less this patch because well, I would hope that is obvious. Execute. You all have a good one even though I can’t really even fit oppression on my bar because there are better skills to run. Good problem to have where your class execute can’t even make the bar because of better skills. I hear people saying, “ Well you guys can run curse eater and other sets like Wyrd tree.” Sure we could, but guess what, another indirect nerf because magplars don’t have to. While I could opt out and run that to try and deal with dots, Templar mains can just stick with spinners or whatever choice dps set they would like. Big difference. Tankability? Channeled focus. Best major ward/resolve skill in game. Standing in it gives you even MORE resistances. Not to mention sustain, where another class may have to run a sustain set.
    Anyway, I mean this should be pretty obvious to you, especially if you in fact main a Templar. I will repeat though that I don’t think it is the Templar’s fault. They just in fact happen to get buffed the most, indirectly, by the dot damage meta of Scalebreaker. Cleanse, great mobility, great healing, good sustain, good damage/burst, excellent Crowd controlling. Very strong class this patch.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Not sure if serious, or trolling...

If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading a awhile back CP changed for sweeps this patch?

What’s the optimal CP allocation for a sweep/barrage plar?
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

@Minno

Mighty Chudan x2

Snare root and stun are a different morph from a healing one.
    If you are going to bash templars for being too strong at least get your facts straight.
    Living dark perma root is a problem though i aggree, i hope they will do away with it, it makes bgs very annoying to play, as even the smallest amont of chip damage can proc it.