Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Next patch - make everything with cast times interruptible.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Please take this game back in the visceral and reactive direction it originally was intended to go.

I remember the very first teasers for this game which aired during the closed beta, and back then the original vision was a game where you could block, interupt, evade and synergize in a fast-paced environment that no other MMOs could offer.

Over ther years, the ability to interupt cast-timed abilities gradually disappeared, and nowadays, almost everything with a cast time is safe to use. In the beginning, synergies sort of mattered - nowadays you just take the purge in PvP. And up until now, the game has been relatively tactical with how CCs worked - but now they are not accessible in the same way.

So what we have now is a game where you just apply a lot of DoTs and try to outlast your opponent who does the same thing to you. The tactical aspect of the game has been dimished and dumbed down too much now. Almost all the competitive guilds left the game within a few years, and they are not coming back as long as this game is becoming more and more casual.

It time to take the game in another direction, and with the removal of many of the classics stuns and roots, at least make more tactical again by making abilities with cast times interruptible.

Most cast-time abilities are extremely powerful and should follow the "high risk - high reward" philosophy. Ultimates should be an exception from this, but for regular abilities, what is the worste that could happen? The player would have to do a CC-break and then life goes on. However, it would make the game more tactical and reactive.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you think making ultimates with cast time interruptible or other abilities that way is going to make people want to not play two button dot builds? Dah ***?
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, what I am saying is that it would open up for some more tactical and responsive gameplay.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tactical and responsive like crushing shock/venom arrow spam?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

Technically Crushing Shock is a spammable.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually do agree, but only to active skills and not ultimates. There’s such an inconsistency on what you can interrupt, like I can interrupt snipe spammers but not dizzying swing spammers. Like ????. It’s got a cast time and everything.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ interruptable melee skills.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on August 30, 2019 7:47PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • veil_
    veil_
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to pepega's may i take your order
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even sure if this is a real thread or not.

This is the state of the casual gamer.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably should just be able to interrupt regular cast time skills instead of ultimates. Let us be honest here, this game isn't made for you to tactically interrupt most cast times anyways. This game's cast time is quite short to begin with. If you accidentally interrupt an ultimate that has even shorter cast time than most skills in the 0.4s it takes to cast it, you just got lucky. Don't BS and say you reacted in that 0.4s and had the animation of your skill shoot out quick enough to stop them.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah.

If anything MORE abilities need to be uninterruptible. They can start with Crystal Blast. Nobody is going to use this skill in PvP unless they know they can always cast it. Wrecking Blow is uninterruptible, so I don't see what the big deal is...
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the 'new' interrupt mechanics, coupled to CC immunity, was a bad change and should be reverted. *** those snipe spammers.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Venom Arrow is a spammable, too, but the other morph is so overpowered, nobody uses it.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Venom Arrow is a spammable, too, but the other morph is so overpowered, nobody uses it.

Only people like you would use a skill with an 8k initial hit tt (max) as a spammable :')
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean a 0,5 or 0,7 Cast time with lag is a *** idea in the first place. Either up cast times, make them interruptible but increase their effectiveness in return, or remove cast times at all. If you waste more than a gcd for a casted ability, it’s effectiveness should be comparably higher. Just leave our snipe >:)
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    No ultimate should be interrupteble, which is case now not only I have 0.4 second delay I can even use it as there's 8 Stuns 4 roots and 2 snare on me half the time.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    IMO, the 'new' interrupt mechanics, coupled to CC immunity, was a bad change and should be reverted. *** those snipe spammers.

Things like channeled acceleration a pet summons should not be interruptable. Especially if there is a period I have to wait to cast again,which unfortunately is the case with those.So yeah that needs to go.As well as cast times in general.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is wrong. I do quite well in PvP with both my builds and neither uses much in the way of DOTs.

I melt stuff with direct damage and use my mobility to escape damage, with buffs and self heals to keep me going.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU