Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well got to finally hit patch and I’m a bit lost. Played with a new setup of icy conjurer, shackle, skoria w/ bunch of dots. Didn’t do great. Switched to Alfiq lich bloodspawn. Idk it just feels weird. I feel like I need a tad more sustain which I’ll be able to get with an infused back bar setup. I just don’t feel tanky enough. Bloodspawn didn’t let me brawl like I’ve been used to. Haven’t played from stealth in a long time. Honestly might go back to the old morrowind build of trans riposte skoria.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually looking forward to play a dot oriented build: with entropy, debilitate and new clench. sadly they messed up master staff which makes clench not viable as spammable options so barspace becomes scarce.

Also what I found is that by now several classes can naturally deal well with dots, that is templars, necros, and wardens to some extend. Against the rest, such a setup is quite viable since you can pressure multiple opponents along the way and finish the deal with SH or AW.

However, in most scenarios you're fighting groups with healeres who mostly relieve the consistent pressure through dots. Without the proper burst, its tough to fight these groups, especially because magblade is hard to sustain defensively.

Not really sure what playstyle to aim for at this point
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With a new patch it’ll depend on what everyone else is doing imo. Console’s different from PC I think, people have mentioned different classes and comps (in high MMR BGs at least).

I wouldn’t drop the master’s staff though. Clench is still the cheapest ranged stun, and with the cost increase on fear I dropped fear. Fear I always used defensively and offensively, but with the cost increase plus possible cc immunity I found fear ineffective and too expensive.

Defense is way way down, burst is up for whatever reason. Dots you can negate with cloak.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain issues. Which means more regen glyphs = less dmg on a build already losing the punch it had before.

VMA resto might help that a bit but yea. Doesn’t feel good right now.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played a good amount of BGs yesterday and found a few things to note:

-The loss in damage reduction from Merciless stacks and from 2 x Protective jewelry is noticeable on my build.

-Sorcerers seem easier to fight but Templars are more lethal (oddly enough it's Stamplar that's giving me a hard time and not Magplar).

-Rapid Regen + BRP Healing Ward is amazing, especially with the power of the invisibility morph of Cloak.
    *I was in consistent matches with people running it and everyone was healing 150-200k+

-The 2s snare removal from RaT is not enough. It needs to be upped to 4s.

-I'm burning through a lot of resources fast, even with almost 2500 magicka recovery in no-CP.
    *The culprit is Shade - I know this because I'm the type of player that as soon as I teleport I drop another one - it's too expensive and has me thinking of going Mist Form again to reset.

-Shadowy Disguise is getting broken by a lot more things...it feels like there's something buggy with it (but it's most likely lag).

-Cast times on ultimates are stupid - Soul Siphon needs to be casted a lot earlier or you/your teammates will die, and Soul Harvest feels bland.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 28, 2019 11:36PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a good amount of BGs yesterday and found a few things to note:

-The loss in damage reduction from Merciless stacks and from 2 x Protective jewelry is noticeable on my build.

-Sorcerers seem easier to fight but Templars are more lethal (oddly enough it's Stamplar that's giving me a hard time and not Magplar).

-Rapid Regen + BRP Healing Ward is amazing, especially with the power of the invisibility morph of Cloak.
    *I was in consistent matches with people running it and everyone was healing 150-200k+

-I'm burning through a lot of resources fast, even with almost 2500 magicka recovery in no-CP.
    *The culprit is Shade - I know this because I'm the type of player that as soon as I teleport I drop another one - it's too expensive and has me thinking of going Mist Form again to reset.

-Shadowy Disguise is getting broken by a lot more things...it feels like there's some buggy with it (but it's most likely lag).

-Cast times on ultimates are stupid - Soul Siphon needs to be casted a lot earlier or you/your teammates will die, and Soul Harvest feels bland.

You know the shade change is probably having a huge negative effect on my sustain as well. Because I teleport often and immediately place another shade as well. I also try to keep my damage shield up often to protect me from that random burst combo while I’m distracted fighting another player. The combination of both of those things has made magblade almost unsustainable for me. Often times I’m heavy attacking more than I’m actually fighting.

Shadowy disguise is being broken by weapon enchants. I was trying to cloak away from a group yesterday and my cloak was being broken every time one of their Destro light attacks proc’d their weapon enchants.

Instead of them adding longer snare immunity to RaT I would rather see them add 4 seconds of major expedition back to phantasmal escape. On the bright side shade is actually working finally.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost increase to shade is absolutely ridiculous. I as everyone else here shade and then drop one almost immediately. Sustain is in the gutter.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Worst part about sustain is I adapted to utility being stripped from a lot of magblade abilities by dropping Siphoning Strikes, IDK how to add it back in for better sustain without losing a core ability.

I just increased my regen and don’t hit as hard, I didn’t see a way around it.

-Sorcerers seem easier to fight but Templars are more lethal (oddly enough it's Stamplar that's giving me a hard time and not Magplar

I noticed the same thing but wasn’t sure if console would be the same. There weren’t a lot of Magplars in high MMR but there are quite a few Stamplars, they both seem stronger. Magplars are getting the attention I think because they’re the most improved.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 28, 2019 9:18PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've found with magnb is shadow cloak is the better morph now, and I pretty much need to slot siphon strikes and debilitate. Yeah I don't have the immov but it's a snare and Mana steal. Fear as stun is ok but clench works better for my playstyle and is also added dot pressure. Lotus is out of the picture purely due to bar space.

Anyway, I'm out of eso for now, not having fun anymore. Gonna go play wow classic with my cousin for a while instead.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've found with magnb is shadow cloak is the better morph now, and I pretty much need to slot siphon strikes and debilitate. Yeah I don't have the immov but it's a snare and Mana steal. Fear as stun is ok but clench works better for my playstyle and is also added dot pressure. Lotus is out of the picture purely due to bar space.

Anyway, I'm out of eso for now, not having fun anymore. Gonna go play wow classic with my cousin for a while instead.

Lotus Fan is out of the picture for everyone.

Do not play Melee Magblade in BGs this patch!

Everything about it is terrible, from the cast time added to SH/Incap to going up against those Overwhelming Surgplars.

Play with Meteor, a spammable and at least 1 DoT (or more if you like) all at range.

On another note, I have retired my NB healer for two reasons:

-Using my burst heal to create a self DoT that cannot be purged in the DoT meta is a bad idea.

-The best burst healing ultimate in the game is now junk.

"Oh hey that Warden just casted Permafrost on my group - I'll cast Soul Siphon to heal through that damage - oh I'm stunned...oh you cancelled my non-interruptible ultimate ...oh I'm dead!'"

It's not reliable, plain and simple.

Do not play Magblade Healer in BGs this patch!
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 29, 2019 4:34AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mostly play CP Cyro and IC.

I'm still a Caluu + Zaan melee magblade. Mag sustain has always been an issue for me. In CP I get away with dual-regen drinks. In no CP I supplement with Deep Thoughts. I don't use the shade, but make heavy use of Shadowy and RAT, as well as Dampen and Healing Ward when out of cloak.

I concluded some time ago that, for my playstyle, I have to let Caluu and Zaan do the heavy lifting. If they ever nerf that, I'm proably done with this game. My raw stats are crap, because I like good sustain and speed. I switched to dual-regen drinks recently (Fisheye Rye) and - for me at least - it's been eye opening how much more fun it is to have decent stamina regen. I can now mix dodge rolls and cloak, a bit like a stamblade. Few things kill the fun for me like being forced into heavy restos or forced to back out of a fight in order to meditate, even if I would have higher burst that way.

I use Steed, all Swift, all cost reduction, Bright Throat's, Breton and Siphoning Attacks. I'm quite at the limit with what mag-sustain I can get and it's good, but I wouldn't want any less. Thought I'd incorporate more DOTs this patch, but Siphoning Attacks works better for my playstyle than, for example, Cripple.

My build mostly functions the same as it has done last patch. Using Cloak as heavily as I do negates DOTs, but I am squishy as ever (extremely) and the new Healing Ward has done nothing to fix that, albeit I don't have a BRP resto. After some tests I concluded that Dampen + Healing Ward is still the best option for me and I have no room to fit Regeneration as well.

In terms of gameplay, fighting templars can be brutal, due to the damage of Sweeps / Jabs alone, although it depends on how good (and specced into damage) they are. The Living Dark stun is ridiculous against me and feels wholly unnecessary. It's not like I can stay in range for long anyway. On the plus-side I can better go toe to toe with most magsorcs, as they don't do the sustained pet damage anymore and seem to be suffering with sustain as well.

My build is ultimately something that will take out new to mediocre players on it's own, but that struggles against good ones, even during a gank. It only becomes really deadly in a group. I imagine the same can be said about many open world builds, though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Well got to finally hit patch and I’m a bit lost. Played with a new setup of icy conjurer, shackle, skoria w/ bunch of dots. Didn’t do great. Switched to Alfiq lich bloodspawn. Idk it just feels weird. I feel like I need a tad more sustain which I’ll be able to get with an infused back bar setup. I just don’t feel tanky enough. Bloodspawn didn’t let me brawl like I’ve been used to. Haven’t played from stealth in a long time. Honestly might go back to the old morrowind build of trans riposte skoria.

Damn thats not good to hear i was thinking about a dot build. What sucked about it?
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Templars have become a real PITA this update.

I'm feeling similar to Datthaw. Might take another extended break. Probably wait and see if any of the sets in the fall DLC are interesting.

The cast times on ulitmates, SH to be specific, are awful and poorly thought out. I guess it's equaled out because I've dodged dozens of incaps and nobody seems to run dawnbreaker anymore but maybe I've just been luck?. Still, the design decision does not fit the combat style that this game excels at. It's a glaring eyesore.

PvP is really in a sad state right now and it's depressing since it's been one of my favorite gaming experiences in the last 5 years. But the pops are low in Cyrodiil PC NA and declining. And it's the same people, three mans, guilds and ball groups that you see every day.

Without the mayhem events there is no new blood coming in. There has been no innovation to speak of. The Hammer is still not well thought out and could use some tuning. The map is static during most of the day, and even in prime time truth be told.

Don't like being so negative and I know how tough design is, but the current trend in PvP is decline. I would love to see a DLC devoted to Cyrodiil but I would guess that would not make financial sense. Still there is no reason PvP in this game could not sell copies. It's infinite end game material and done better than all its competitors, at least to my tastes.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »

Damn thats not good to hear i was thinking about a dot build. What sucked about it?

Everyone and their brother is running purge. Stam dk rocking purge. Any purge set is being used heavily. Purge bots on the rise.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Phantasmal Escape is your friend. It's a bit expensive but 4s immunity instead of 2s and 33s of Major Evasion. Which is great against those Templars you're having trouble against, as well as Wardens and Necros.

I don't rate RAT on MagBlade. Minor Force is meh in PvP due to Impen and especially in no-CP due to less crit chance. As for the speed buff, you can get it from Refreshing Path which is actually a solid skill especially when you're holding your ground.

Edited by Maulkin on August 29, 2019 3:51PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Phantasmal Escape is your friend. It's a bit expensive but 4s immunity instead of 2s and 33s of Major Evasion. Which is great against those Templars you're having trouble against, as well as Wardens and Necros.

I don't rate RAT on MagBlade. Minor Force is meh in PvP due to Impen and especially in no-CP due to less crit chance. As for the speed buff, you can get it from Refreshing Path which is actually a solid skill especially when you're holding your ground.

I’m on the other side of this argument- crit dmg in pvp still king IF you build for it. Like anything you can’t half ass it and get those great results. When I went for a tankier setup and dropped the extra crit modifiers- I reaaaally felt it.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Templars have become a real PITA this update.

PvP is really in a sad state right now and it's depressing since it's been one of my favorite gaming experiences in the last 5 years. But the pops are low in Cyrodiil PC NA and declining. And it's the same people, three mans, guilds and ball groups that you see every day.

Without the mayhem events there is no new blood coming in. There has been no innovation to speak of. The Hammer is still not well thought out and could use some tuning. The map is static during most of the day, and even in prime time truth be told.

Don't like being so negative and I know how tough design is, but the current trend in PvP is decline. I would love to see a DLC devoted to Cyrodiil but I would guess that would not make financial sense. Still there is no reason PvP in this game could not sell copies. It's infinite end game material and done better than all its competitors, at least to my tastes.

Yeah I agree. PvP was much different before the "solo" and "small scale" craze. The PvP I feel in love with was populated with multiple guilds running like 10-20 man groups and everyone pushing objectives and coordinating. In time that has died and new players just faction stack and the old players think grouping is below them.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed on Phantasmal Escape in principle. However, speaking as a perma-cloaking speedblade, who deliberately eschewed the shade for RAT, Refreshing Path: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha <tears streamin down face> hahahahahahahahaha.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Agreed on Phantasmal Escape in principle. However, speaking as a perma-cloaking speedblade, who deliberately eschewed the shade for RAT, Refreshing Path: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha <tears streamin down face> hahahahahahahahaha.

How does that RAT & refreshing path work for you? Don't you get pinged hard while getting the path laid down? I assume you go RAT, Path, and cloak? Do you have to have steed and all swift to do this you think?

• Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does that RAT & refreshing path work for you? Don't you get pinged hard while getting the path laid down? I assume you go RAT, Path, and cloak? Do you have to have steed and all swift to do this you think?

Imo the speed mnb without shade needs AT LEAST 1 swift and steed.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    WacArnold wrote: »

Everyone and their brother is running purge. Stam dk rocking purge. Any purge set is being used heavily. Purge bots on the rise.

Ah makes sense. Tbh i just dont see magblade working except bombs. Not seriously against good players from what im hearing it just sounds out classed by to wide of a margin. Way to many counters.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Huh? I was laughing at the suggestion that Refreshing Path is a good skill for a cloaking magblade. Yes, I know that was just a general suggestion, but in the case of using Shadowy, no, it's not. It's IMO only good when using the other morph of cloak and, even then, it was nerfed into the ground as far as I can see. The idea of having a speed skill tied to a limited size ground AOE is IMO an oxymoron, not to mention that it gives away your position while cloaked. It doesn't really need further elaboration, but I am also so fast with all the speed I stack, that I would probably outrun the Path in one second. A useless skill for my playstyle at least.

I use Concealed, Steed, all Swift (gold), Windrunning and RAT. Phantasmal Escape may be worth trying instead of RAT, but the swap is bound to be situational at best. What you gain in immunity and damage reduction, you lose in repositioning speed. The purpose of my build is to outrange people. If they are fast, I am faster. Ultimately that is the more generally useful thing to do. I've tried Mirage in addition to RAT, but it hasn't felt great. I ultimately settled for Inner Light in it's place, as that slightly buffs my shields and gives me more crit healing. Didn't think I'd settle for that, but I don't need to cast it and it strangely feels better than many alternatives in my build.

You don't have to stack all speed, as I do. My objective in doing that is to stay on top of players when I have Zaan on them or to get away from them and into cloak as a defense. The synergy with Cloak is just enormous the more speed you stack. I don't use the shade, because I like playing a highly reactive build. The shade requires foresight and it conflicts with a speed build, as you outrange your own shade very quickly too. The fights I like most are the slightly unorganised ones where the battlefield is strewn with players of all factions and spread out in a forest or in front of a keep. I work by poking / ganking players at one end of the battlefield, but once it becomes obvious that too many of them have caught on and are likely to focus me, I switch to another place. Perma-cloaking and speed give you freedom. You can take opportunities everywhere on the battlefield that you might not otherwise be able to get to. Some players occupy or stakeout flags, hoping enemies will come to them. I am the complete opposite. I don't like sitting still.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem of using path + phantasmal escape for mobility is the cost - in every regard. The actual resource cost (7k+ for both combined compard to less than 3k for rat), the "gcd cost" which is especially crucial under heavy pressure - when the mobility is needed the most, and the bar space, because path is one of the worst heal skills for solo play, so it doesn't really work as replacement for other - better - heal skills.
    And that's not even taking into consideration that casting path breaks cloak and gives the enemies a big red glowing sign where there running nb just went - gl escaping from a hungry zerg with this.
    Edited by Rianai on August 29, 2019 4:44PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade ‘can’ work still solo and BGs, you just have to work with what you’re given:
    - Healthy Offering can be ‘okay’ but is nothing special
    - Bonus crit damage
    - Cloak
    - Decent ultimate gen
    - Good sustain passive
    - Stealth/invisible speed with concealed

That about sums up magblade this patch. You can still make it work, but any build you can come up with might be better on another class.

Downside is being a bit weaker and less versatility. While you could make lots of builds work before the patch, now you need to play to the class’ strengths or be really underpowered.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 29, 2019 5:03PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    The problem of using path + phantasmal escape for mobility is the cost - in every regard. The actual resource cost (7k+ for both combined compard to less than 3k for rat), the "gcd cost" which is especially crucial under heavy pressure - when the mobility is needed the most, and the bar space, because path is one of the worst heal skills for solo play, so it doesn't really work as replacement for other - better - heal skills.
    And that's not even taking into consideration that casting path breaks cloak and gives the enemies a big red glowing sign where there running nb just went - gl escaping from a hungry zerg with this.
    Completely agree.

I forgot to mention the GCD cost myself. RAT is such a no brainer for me, because it combines snare / root removal with speed in one GCD. When under pressure, it becomes extremely critical what skills you cast and in what order. Often there is only time to spam Dampen and Healing Ward, then I tend to Fear, but the next step is very tricky. Cloak or RAT first? RAT leaves you visible and they will probably hit you, before you get into cloak. On the other hand Cloak leaves you too close, if you have a root or snare on you. They'll hit you with AOE.

I had to choose. I chose very high speed, very high sustain and, lately, high (1.3K) stamina sustain. Between all the different options, that plays the best for me. There is often no time for even RAT, but only a dodge roll will save you, as you can animation cancel that before the next GCD.

For all the benefits I combine in my build, tankiness is not one one of them. Sometimes builds work best when you fully commit to one approach. This is such a case. I would get tankiness from Merciless, the shade, a different armor set, such as Buffer of the Swift. If I was stacking that, I think Phantasmal Escape would fit in better. Without doing so, it just doesn't seem to tilt the balance in enough fights for me.
    Edited by fred4 on August 29, 2019 5:08PM
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? I was laughing at the suggestion that Refreshing Path is a good skill for a cloaking magblade.....

I don't like sitting still.

Ah, I see. I thought you had traded shade for RAT and path.

I really hate having to trade off the burst hitting power for the mobility by going to swift and/or steed mundas. With this latest patch I'd say you can take about 3k health off of what you thought was a doable target assuming the guy can break cc and doesn't panic.

I basically take my chances that I don't have a highly motivated high mobility enemy with a detect pot or a group that can focus fire me and keep me out of mist then stealth with cc, soul strike, jabs etc until I reach an obstacle to get around. It's crazy unfair what a stam nb can do for escape and still hit harder than me.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ScruffyWhiskers, I can totally see where you are coming from. Speed is a big sacrifice. Because mag-stacking works off percentages from Siphoning passives and Inner Light, your magicka collapses as soon as you don't fully commit to that. Add a dual-regen drink and it's completely in the dumpster. I have about 33K on my shielding bar, with Bright Throat's and a Willpower resto. Shields are crap. Swallow Soul and Concealed are laughable, hovering between 6K and 7K unbuffed, in CP.

ZOS have been rather sly in giving Caluurion and Zaan crit bonuses, whereas the procs don't actually crit. Magicka would have been far better to help with shields. Caluurion has an 18K tooltip in CP (my build) and won't crit. Merciless can get anywhere up to 25K, but not in a proc build, and it can crit. Caluurion plays better, but I think there is some balance after all.

At least you are a vampire. You have Mist. I am not - for RP reasons.

Stamblades, yeah. That has seemed unfair for a long time, but I have felt their nerf, since spring. There is a certain type of player who built their stamblade solely for attack. They would aim to simply overpower you and, in my case, they could. The tables have turned. When I run into such people now - and I recognise them by name - I often kill them after their gank attempt.

Magplars on the other hand? A "properly" specced magplar hits me for 1.5K non-crit and 2k crit with a single strike from Sweeps. I can maybe briefly match that, if I get a Caluurion and Zaan proc. This guy can hit me that hard non-stop and probably used a detect potion. That's an unwinnable fight for a melee magblade. Granted not all magplars are as aggressively specced.

Just for laughs I went into IC with my stam DK, who I hardly play these days. Put on Steed, Fury, 7th, Troll King, gold food and the new Lingering + stam pots. I had 2K health regen without Troll King. I had Cauterize, Vigor and decent damage. Ran into a magplar who melted all my alliance mates. Completely different story. My DK was quite impossible to kill. I couldn't make a dent in him either, but then again I was trying Noxious Breath as a spammable.
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    This is a fun build I've been working on for BG:

Vampire
    Attro mundus
    Jewelry enchants mag recovery

Skoria/Calurion/Icy Conjurer/2x willpower rings

Or Maelstrom resto instead of will power rings

Food: tri food

Front Bar, fire destro callurion:
    Swallow soul/Impale/cloak/concealed weapon/race against time/soul harvest

Rear Bar, healing staff icy conjurer:
    Consuming trap/debilitate/structured entrophy/radiant regeneration/time stop/soul siphon

Strategy:
    Light them up with dots and either time stop on them or on yourself then cloak, then swallow soul or concealed weapons, light attack impale until dead, soul harvest tanky healing types if needed. Escape with cloak and Rat, OP bugged escapes.

Edited by godchucknzilla on August 29, 2019 11:22PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean how you play, where you play and how you build is obviously very important in skill selection... it goes without saying.

You mentioned solo play and zergs (ergo Cyro). In that context I'd probably pick RAT too. I play BGs 99% of the time and wear 5-heavy Pariah. I don't really play the cloaky style, which isn't really suited anyway in very AoE heavy fights in confined spaces. So Phantasmal Escape is a must and Refreshing is both good ground heals and mobility for the whole group. I would argue they are superior to RAT for Cyro group play too.

I don't have a problem sustaining them in no-CP with 5 heavy and no sustain set, although I am a Breton. The cost isn't a consideration for me.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean how you play, where you play and how you build is obviously very important in skill selection... it goes without saying.

You mentioned solo play and zergs (ergo Cyro). In that context I'd probably pick RAT too. I play BGs 99% of the time and wear 5-heavy Pariah. I don't really play the cloaky style, which isn't really suited anyway in very AoE heavy fights in confined spaces. So Phantasmal Escape is a must and Refreshing is both good ground heals and mobility for the whole group. I would argue they are superior to RAT for Cyro group play too.

I don't have a problem sustaining them in no-CP with 5 heavy and no sustain set, although I am a Breton. The cost isn't a consideration for me.

In Cyro larger groups I still use refreshing, but in BGs I don’t think it’s worth it.

While you ‘can’ sustain Refreshing Path check your magicka next time you’re in a BG. Say you have just won an engagement and are on the move and using refreshing path, it costs about 1k magicka a second to maintain major expedition, which means you’ll need 2k recovery to maintain it.

What I don’t like isn’t that I can’t afford it, it’s that if I use it to get around I’ve spent all the magicka I could have recovered and go into the next engagement down resources. Keep track of your magicka pool next BG and you’ll see what I mean. If you use the BRP resto or shields it ends up being a seminal loss of resources, the same cost as two harness magickas or healing wards.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 29, 2019 9:22PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair