The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Need help with Stamblade PVE DPS..

Doctorium
Doctorium
✭✭✭
I am experienced in PVP but not so much PVE. I am planning to retire from PVP and enjoy PVE, but I need help with my build/rotation. I am capped at 40K DPS no matter how hard I try. Looking for some tips and tweaks to help me push my DPS further.

Here are my stats:

https://imgur.com/o5BuWIw

Here's my DPS on 3 mil dummy:

https://imgur.com/TjGXkuC

I use blue health and stam food, and use weapon power/crit pots.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am assuming you are building towards group content and not soloing the universe. Looks like your CP setup and skills are from alcast, which is what I base my builds on, too. It also looks like you are running an "old old meta" build for stamblades. VO + TFS is still great for vBRP or vDSA, but not as effective in PVE. Heck, 40K with that setup is downright impressive. I stink at reading those parse summaries, but you could/should be light attacking between every skill. Which brings me to...

Get yourself some Relequen. Its the stamina go-to ever since light attacks got reworked with Summerset. It does not need to be perfected, but if it is, its wonderful. It goes well with AY, War Machine, and Briarheart. Be sure to wear only body pieces (or body + jewelry) so you can keep the stacks up when you switch bars (similar to how VO was worn to keep the cost reduction). The "new meta" of Relequen + Lokkes is the best, but only if you are able to get synergies in group content.

Disclaimer: My opinions are based on gameplay experience only. I do not pretend to be a theorcrafter or some kind of DPS genius. Just passing on what worked for me
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd definitely switch out the gear. Relequen is almost a must nowadays for stam. Pair it with advancing yokeda or lokke. It's probably way easier to get non perfect lokke than to get AY daggers to drop. Liko has really good dps videos and suggestions.

https://youtu.be/ZfmrIPphpfw
  • Doctorium
    Doctorium
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I was able to get my hands on Relequen and AY. It did bump up my DPS but the hit to my sustain is major. I’m finding myself reverting back to VO/2F. Any tips on maintaining sustain?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctorium wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I was able to get my hands on Relequen and AY. It did bump up my DPS but the hit to my sustain is major. I’m finding myself reverting back to VO/2F. Any tips on maintaining sustain?

Use stormfist. Then if that is not enough, put on health enchantment on your body and use dubious.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 5, 2019 5:58PM
  • Doctorium
    Doctorium
    ✭✭✭
    I watched that video by Loki and have a few questions for those more knowledgeable:

1. Whenever his barrage ends, he switches bar to recast it and then followed by poison injection and switch bar again. Doesn’t seem there were any light attacks there. I always did light attacks between these but maybe it was slowing me down? Seems like all his light attacks are when he’s on the front bar. Which is the proper way?

2. Seems like whenever rearming trap and that other skill that I can’t remember (Stam regen) expire, he switches bar just to cast these and switch back no matter where he is in his rotation. I only refresh these when I’m on the back bar anyways and always with light attacks in between. Which is the proper way?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Doctorium he is light attacking but he is also animation cancelling. You can start a light attack then interrupt it with a skill. The light attack will land, but will not be visible.

As for (2), its now Barbed Trap and you are thinking of Leeching Strikes. Leeching Strikes should always be recast once it runs out and you get your stamina. Its the only way to optimize it. Same with Barbed Trap. Its a DOT, but it also buffs your crit. If you don't keep those up, you are losing out on damage and regen. Same as Relentless Focus. You should focus on keeping all three up, and working in the arrow from Relentless Focus in your rotation (until you hit the execute phase). Otherwise you are losing out on a pretty decent chunk of damage.