Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey geo, the golden came out with some goods for me this weekend. Got a few Scathing necks and was really eyeballing them treasure hunter jewels but decided not to. Like the speed and all, but don’t have quite the reflexes to handle it. Lol

Get your bash kills in tonight. It’s all going away tomorrow. 😝
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Hey geo, the golden came out with some goods for me this weekend. Got a few Scathing necks and was really eyeballing them treasure hunter jewels but decided not to. Like the speed and all, but don’t have quite the reflexes to handle it. Lol

Probably accurate. Did you see the PC Cyrodiil thread about crashes after the DLC dropped? PvP might be going away tomorrow, not just bash... I hope I'm wrong.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490342/zos-wtf/p1

PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the nerf threads on the forum my Templars are going to be OP! :D:D:D
    Man the nerfettes never stop. smh

Edited by TequilaFire on August 26, 2019 8:26PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the nerf threads on the forum my Templars are going to be OP! :D:D:D
    Man the nerfettes never stop. smh

yeah, the front page can get a little discouraging with all the performance issues folks have...

add in the constant rebalancing mode we've been in over the last couple of years...it can be a little more negativity than what I'll normally wanna see...

it's funny, at this point @dotme you would think we must have seen the worst of it...not sure that's true though...

sure never expected to be stuck in combat for a whole freaking year...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 27, 2019 12:13AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not sure exactly how the goliath bash will look after the update, but, planning on building my level 45 necro stam around bashing and defiling...

man, it's been since forever since I've had a crit focused build...

what kind of character are you using it on?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Bash will live on and kill many zergs
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaal population for EP seems to be undergoing a seismic shift. I've seen hardly any "regulars" in Cyrodiil the past couple of days. Lots of frustration in zone chat. If some people follow through with their threats, it could be a blue map next campaign.

And this is where Faction Lock becomes a problem, for everyone. Let's say a large-ish EP guild does decide to run a month on another faction. That could upset the balance so badly that the map turns one color, and all of us here know what happens then. The campaign effectively dies, leading to no good fights for anyone. A situation like that can't be fixed if everyone is locked in for 30 days.

I really enjoy good PvP fights. But with the potential today for a patch that causes disconnects every 10 minutes in Cyrodiil combined with the massive balance changes, and these new games that might be poaching some of our regular players, I just hope ZOS isn't about to do irreversible damage to the PvP aspect of their game.

I haven't played as much in Kaal lately, but it seems that hammer isn't putting in an appearance as often as it used to.

I also noticed something strange last night - if I zoom in on a keep on the map and "X" to view levels, all the resources kept flipping from "0" to "2" and back again about every 2 seconds.
    Edited by dotme on August 27, 2019 2:09PM
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch is 26gigs btw
    But with the potential today for a patch that causes disconnects every 10 minutes in Cyrodiil combined with the massive balance changes,

What do you mean 'disconnects every 10 minutes'?

'Massive balance changes'

PC players said it's pretty much a Magicka / DoT meta. Stack all the dots. I plan on running my MagSorc and taking off my Pet.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 27, 2019 2:22PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P
    What do you mean 'disconnects every 10 minutes'?
    See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490342/zos-wtf/p1

Read down a ways. That's what happened to PC when this DLC launched. They got a patch 2 days ago, I believe. So if this issue does end up on Console, it could be a wait for a fix. I guess we'll find out soon.

PS4NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, got into Cyro and messed around for 15-20 min and no crash. So maybe we escaped the PC issue after all. That would be great.
    PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Went in to the 30 day for a little while last night. No crashes. Fights were much smoother and better. There was a load screen at a keep flip I woke up dead to.

Performance was way far better than the ,last 3 months maybe 6.

I dont know where all my Daggerfall brethren went off to? We had half the map when I got in. After an hour, we lost everything. I couldn’t find a big group to shadow around. It was pretty good anyways.

Then I went to the imperial city. There was no bars, but plenty of people running around. It was enjoyable.

I got ganked. Lethal arrow, DBoS, Silver leash? What do they silver leash for? I was dead before realized anything was going on.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Went in to the 30 day for a little while last night. No crashes. Fights were much smoother and better. There was a load screen at a keep flip I woke up dead to.

Performance was way far better than the ,last 3 months maybe 6.

I dont know where all my Daggerfall brethren went off to? We had half the map when I got in. After an hour, we lost everything. I couldn’t find a big group to shadow around. It was pretty good anyways.

Then I went to the imperial city. There was no bars, but plenty of people running around. It was enjoyable.

I got ganked. Lethal arrow, DBoS, Silver leash? What do they silver leash for? I was dead before realized anything was going on.

Silver leash is the Dks chains for everyone else and I do agree the game was way smoother than before
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Well, got into Cyro and messed around for 15-20 min and no crash. So maybe we escaped the PC issue after all. That would be great.

People are quitting that's why. The servers can finally breathe again.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been playing a bunch of cyro kaalgrontiid over on the EU server...some ups and downs...

it's amazing the number of times I've wiped with small groups to npcs...

couple of nights in a row found myself in a situation where it was just myself, or, one other - shot out to you hulkbuster - trying to defend or chase down our scroll...

that soured me a bit...

constantly getting targeted...i get it, who are people going to attack amongst a group of players - someone with max cp, or, the toon with level 45 over their head...it gets a little frustrating having to stay so defensive and still get run over by some players, my crit resistance is still low on everyone...I can get hit with some really big numbers...

I have to be extra careful positioning myself in fights - lot of fights I'll have folks chasing me around like crazy...try breaking their line of sight, run through allies...still get run down more than I like...

right now taking my 2 necros (EP and AD) through CP IC, having a blast with them...gotta be real careful up in the districts...going solo doesn't normally end well...

usually I'll hang out by the ladders at the base and just tag along with someone(s) heading up top...

gotten lucky a few times to be able to shadow some small groups of allies to take out some of the district bosses...only a few faction fights so far...

down in the sewers just try to stay around other allies, and be careful fighting the bannerman...all long range stuff...

been thinking about having some fun with my nightblades over on NA CP IC...it'll be fun tuning them up just for IC ganking...

although in the past when I've done this - a lot of times I felt kind of bad attacking folks traveling solo, and had trouble pulling the trigger...

I don't know, got plenty of gear for the job, it'll be fun just setting them up...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 6, 2019 6:54PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played DC on both severs on CP IC today...both cases red had larger groups and yellow had better small man groups roaming around...

was able to meet up and shadow a few ally small groups around the flags...lots of times had to cloak/slink :( away when larger enemy groups came to run us down...pretty much just stayed up on the districts and only used the eleven garden ladder to return back to base...

best thing about playing a magblade - you can mostly choose your encounters, and when you die...hardly anyone slots magelight or runs detect pots...

I like doing solo questa...took my level 45 eu magblade and just finished 4 of the district quests...got really lucky with defeat molag bal's temple forces in the temple district...

there's this daedric titan with wicked ranged attacks you have to fight inside a fairly tight space ...got lucky and two enemy players were doing the quest and mostly let me hang on the outside and fire away without trying to kill me too many times...

I already know that one quest where you have to defend the doors is gonna be torture doing solo :#

about the most irritating situation I ran in to was the quest where you have to draw a seal on a wall - sounds simple enough right...

the wall is dead smack in the middle of the district, right in front of the district flag and ran in to both enemy alliances at different times camping the quest location...that didn't make me smile...finally was able to get enough time while this one camping duo was fighting some npcs...

cloak is a beautiful thing for getting out of bad situations...as well as potions...remembered why the buildings were so important - sustain can really become an issue there - particularly if you don't have champion points helping you out, and, your gear isn't completely optimized...needed to spend time occasionally hiding inside buildings recovering resource pools...

not really making a ton of tel var, about 1.5k per district mission, but, having fun avoiding "deadly" situations...got the ambiance, footsteps, music, and dialogue levels all turned up :p

trying to remember to look for all the skyshards in IC...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

19 days after this comment, and I think there's some truth to it. EP primetime last night, I saw maybe 10-12 names I recognized on the server. IC is over. I thought our regulars would come back. Largely, it would appear they didn't. At least not yet. When the main campaign has a queue of "2" at peak prime time, it seems there may indeed be some cause for concern.

I wonder where everyone went?
    PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *(whispers) Black Desert Online

Many of my friends are gone there as well.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing a little BDO myself.
    (When I am not being a traitor lol)
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

19 days after this comment, and I think there's some truth to it. EP primetime last night, I saw maybe 10-12 names I recognized on the server. IC is over. I thought our regulars would come back. Largely, it would appear they didn't. At least not yet. When the main campaign has a queue of "2" at peak prime time, it seems there may indeed be some cause for concern.

I wonder where everyone went?

Borderlands 3!!!
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every damn time I logon no matter what time of day always 3 bars of AD. smh
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    IC event was fun. Switched to magden since my magblade can’t handle 24 people all spamming entropy and soul splitting trap. Not having access to a cleanse really puts magblades at a disadvantage as compared to dks(who even though they don’t have a cleanse*, they have a lot of strong hots), magdens (Netch) and especially magplars.
    I used to be able to go toe to toe with a magplar but now I pretty much die just by looking at them. When I see two magplars in a group, I pretty much just accept my fate and commit harakiri.
    My magden is not too bad against Templars. I die to good ones who’ve always been a Templar main but I can kill the ones who’ve only recently swapped post-patch. That is unless there’s 40 of them all spamming jabs around me.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on September 19, 2019 3:14AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been off playing Monster Hunter World Iceborne.

It's the best kind of PvE imo
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    playing bdo myself w like half of my eso pvp regulars. As far as I know only 3-4 of my usual group are still pvping eso.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

i hope all is well for everyone :)

man, i had a blast during the IC event...didn't make a ton of tel var: probably 60 to 70k or so on both servers - but, i had a really good time...split a lot of the time between farming the sewers and fighting up in the districts...

IC has always been a good place to really get an idea of how well your build really works in pvp...it's easy to get by in cyrodiil with a not so optimized build...battlegrounds - cuz, of the different environments and game modes - it's hard also to gauge how well your character may be put together...

IC though - both the npcs, and, other players will let you know pretty quickly how well you've put things together...

all together probably ran about 11 or 12 different toons through IC during the event...biggest surprise was just how poorly my cp 810 magsorc performed...i had put together a fun: thunderbug, netches' touch, illambris build, and, boy did i get toasted in that - just no where near enough burst to hold my own...

did put together a bow gank build (worked a couple of times), and a bomber build (my timing sucked) for my nightblades....but, i don't know, i guess ganking just really ain't my thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 19, 2019 7:01PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now i'm back in kaal EU trying to get all five of my DC guys up to tier 3...blue is actually leading the campaign, and, i'd really like to get a hold of those champion caches to hold on to and open when i finally hit cp160...got everyone sitting at level 46 now...

it's gonna hurt for a while once they reach level 50...i won't touch their gear again until they're all cp 160...

it was cool, for the first time in a while actually helped crown an emp last night...lots of pverdooring, but, it was fun anyway...

over on the na server - i think i'm done with blue for a while...just really itching to get my healbot magplar and my fiery magdk back in to action...they're both EP toons...so, next campaign i'll go red in kaal over on the NA server...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 19, 2019 7:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow, not really sure exactly what is going on with kaal EU, but DC has been pvdooring the heck out of the map the last couple of days...

it's freaky, we're rolling in a group 20 strong...I'm not even sure there's a total of 20 EP and AD players all together on the map at that time...

a few okay fights from time to time from a few enemies defending keeps, but, with those kind of numbers it's hard to stop us...

oh yeah, nightcapping at its finest :#
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    giphy.gif

i hope all is well for everyone :)

man, i had a blast during the IC event...didn't make a ton of tel var: probably 60 to 70k or so on both servers - but, i had a really good time...split a lot of the time between farming the sewers and fighting up in the districts...

IC has always been a good place to really get an idea of how well your build really works in pvp...it's easy to get by in cyrodiil with a not so optimized build...battlegrounds - cuz, of the different environments and game modes - it's hard also to gauge how well your character may be put together...

IC though - both the npcs, and, other players will let you know pretty quickly how well you've put things together...

all together probably ran about 11 or 12 different toons through IC during the event...biggest surprise was just how poorly my cp 810 magsorc performed...i had put together a fun: thunderbug, netches' touch, illambris build, and, boy did i get toasted in that - just no where near enough burst to hold my own...

did put together a bow gank build (worked a couple of times), and a bomber build (my timing sucked) for my nightblades....but, i don't know, i guess ganking just really ain't my thing...

I can always teach you how to bomb! You have a red correct?

I have both a red and yellow bomber
    Edited by NightAngel690 on September 20, 2019 11:48PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sounds like fun angel 😊

I have a yellow mag sorc I used to bomb with in IC - he's due for a makeover anyway...a red mag dk that I could probably figure something out for bombing...

it's "nice/fun/interesting/sometimes annoying" to see the increase in the amount of bombings in cyro post IC event...

yeah, gotta keep your guard up at times around resource flags and when you're repairing doors...

someone did a nice job of wiping a bunch of folks while we were using the ram...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hanging out again in EU's non vet random battlegrounds...

about a week ago i was playing in EU cyro, cycling through all five blue and kept noticing that no matter which toon I was on, or regardless of where my health bar was at - enemies generally make a bee line directly to me in alliance versus alliance battles...

I've mentioned it a bunch in the past - it just drives me nuts to spend so much time (and resources) just trying not to get killed...

so, back in battlgrounds and using xp pots, got everyone up to level 49...

I haven't touched their gear since level 40...I can definitely notice the effect of old gear on everyone...its been toughest on my stam warden and necro mag...

it's funny - still doesn't stop my mag sorc from topping 5k points in a deathmatch...actually most of the toons are still doing okay despite the old gear...

wow, what a difference queuing for battlegrounds during EU "primetime" as opposed to the off hours I normally play there...had more than a few really competitive matches - one deathmatch had 7 players with scores above 3k...the score was close the whole time...

the plan is still to wait until cp 160 to gear everyone back up...ha, I'm starting to run short on bag space with everyone from all the battlegrounds and cyro reward bags stashed in their inventory, I have to have over 150 + now...

I'll probably buy a set of necro, spinners, plague doctor, crafty alfiq and spriggans to start with...figure out how to best use all the pvp set pieces: spell strategist, battlefield acrobat, battalion defender...I'm not sure which, if any, battleground sets I'll use...

I'm not sure, but, i don't think i have enough monster sets yet for everyone...still, the golden absolutely rocks...

my crafter is still only around level 30 in armor/weapons and level 20 for enchants...

I remember how expensive it was to buy epic cp160 enchants over on NA before I maxed enchanting...

I've started buying some epic jewelry, I may need to start shopping for different enchants now...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2019 1:36AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, my "brilliant" plan to use the XP from random battlegrounds to level quickly ain't working out so great...i've spent over 4 hours in queues the last couple of days...

i've still managed to get three out of the 7 toons up to CP17 - but, it's been slow and painful...ugh, i can't even remember how many times i've completed those initial mages, fighters guild and main quests now...

occasionally i'll switch things up and just pick a zone

by now i'm sure as soon as i port in to the dourstone vault doshia is simply thinking: oh, you again...i've saved abnur tharn more than a dozen times...