Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This one would like DPS tips

JusticeForJilarga
JusticeForJilarga
✭✭✭
This one is currently able to achieve 4K DPS. JusticeForJilarga would like to attempt to do more. This one will leave any important character information below. This one would appreciate any tips you can give.
  1. Khajiit
  2. Nightblade
  3. Stamina Based
Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
"These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to share some more info for people to be able to help you. Like how many cp are you, what setup do you use. How did you calculate that 4k dps? Are you doing a dummy test? Throw those infos in and I am sure you will get some feedback.
  • JusticeForJilarga
    JusticeForJilarga
    ✭✭✭
    You need to share some more info for people to be able to help you. Like how many cp are you, what setup do you use. How did you calculate that 4k dps? Are you doing a dummy test? Throw those infos in and I am sure you will get some feedback.

This one is level 26 on that character (Though is Champion 152 on Main.) This one was using a Target Dummy to do the test. This one was using Dual Wield Abilities (BloodThirst) and Assassination Ability (Incapacitating Strike)
    Leader Of The Children Of Razum Dar Guild (Khajiit Guild) on All 6 MegaServers

Khajiit Quote Of The Day.
    "These useless senche could only kill a rat if they fell upon it. From a great height."
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is level 26 on that character (Though is Champion 152 on Main.) This one was using a Target Dummy to do the test. This one was using Dual Wield Abilities (BloodThirst) and Assassination Ability (Incapacitating Strike)

dont worry about dps at that level. just play the game and get to level 50, cp 160, then worry about builds and stuff.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are low level so it's only natural to have low dps.
    I would suggest you check a proper rotation. You can't just use 2 skills. Rotations are pretty standard for each class but there is possibility for variations.
    A bow on backbar and dual wield or 2h on frontbar are the setups most commonly used by stamina dds.
    The sets you wear are also important. Hunding's rage (crafted 6 traits) is a very nice starter set for stamina. Spriggan's is also good (drops in Bangkorai). So you could combine those 2 sets and get some nice stats.
    Your gear traits are also important for instance wearing divines an all body pieces in order to boost the effect of your mundus stone (another important thing to have in mind).
    Stamina and weapon power glyphs are important too.
    The food and the potions that you use will help you a lot on your dps too.
    I know it's kind of too much to keep in mind at first so what I would suggest is start by viewing some builds that eso content creators have on their sites for more detailed information and explenations. Most of them have nice starter builds with easy to acquire equipment.
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on August 25, 2019 1:12AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If on PC, press 1-2-3-4-5. Follow up with Q-W-E-R-T-Y.

If you’re on console, rip.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are running PVE, you are going to hit a ceiling because you are a Khajiit. Khajiit took a beating in the racial passives realignment. Not saying you can't run a kitty, just saying that other races have an easier time dishing more damage and sustaining.

But as others have said, you are too low a level to put out big numbers. CP 300 is a baseline I would shoot for, and that would be for normal trials.

Lastly, don't waste your time farming gear until you are CP 160. Everything below that is trash and unusable once you hit CP 160.

EDIT: Forgot. If you are running PVP, you should be okay. Khajiits are still strong there
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 26, 2019 9:25PM
  • Sys7em
    Sys7em
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    If on PC, press 1-2-3-4-5. Follow up with Q-W-E-R-T-Y.

If you’re on console, rip.

Very true 😂
  • Koldr
    Koldr
    As everyone said, don't worry about dps until you get CP 160. One thing that can really help your dps though is animation canceling, you can find videos online of how to do it.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are doing 4k, it seems likely there are quite a few things you can change and improve upon for your character and its use.

I would strongly suggest looking online at build guides, so that you get effective sets to use. You can wear two full 5 piece armour sets across your body armour, weapons and jewellery, and also a 2 piece monster set head/shoulder providing another full set bonus. Or there are other combinations that also work, particularly for lower level where a monster set may not be available.

There are plenty of stamblade build guides that give you armour sets to use, skills to use, rotations to use those skills and also what passives and CP points to take.

Try here: alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve

or here: xynodegaming.com/sting

Only once you get the character to level 50, you have decent sets on, decent skills, passives and CPs and a decent rotation to execute your skills, can you really start to see the potential available.

Then you can learn about light attack weaving and animation cancelling, which is a whole other thang.
    Edited by Grianasteri on September 4, 2019 9:18AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody can accurately guess your problem, since it is probably gear, lack of cp, low level, etc etc. Few things i would like to point out is that as a night blade you benefit most of all classes from weaving (your resource management and proc skill) so i would recommend getting used to light attacking between skills, try managing your damage over time effects to always be on your target, and if u r running low on resources dont be afraid to heavy attack to regain a bit back (between reapplying the dots)