Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS; Listen, and Let me know

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you listen or care? You say our feedback is important but I see no evidence other than random footnotes.

"We have class reps", I don't know the class reps, I don't know what they say, I don't see any changes reflected with what I care about, so how do I know they are representing me, if there is nothing to vote on or discuss or read or see or anything.

Overwhelming support for multiple forums, yet no response from you.

Example one, cast times; yet then you add it on ultimates after saying you see our feedback prior, so is that just a middle finger to our feedback and feelings?

Two, scalding rune needs minor force, quality of life change and needed for mag to be slightly more comparable to stam, by no means would this break anything nor make anything overpowered; yet there is no response for years; and that's still not changed in current request.

Third, you "rebalanced" classes but really you just changed the meta to orc from redguard and made no reason to choose anything other than high elf for mag meta end game pve; Bosmer is useless, Breton is weak, Khajiit is behind the meta with dealing less crit damage which is it's whole thing, Redguard is underperforming, Dunmer is shadowed by orc and altmer, Argonian is a gimmick with weak healing which again, kind of it's thing yet it's not compared to altmer; we gave you feedback, where is the proof you care?

So here are the forums, but they feel pointless because I don't see anything affected other than people crying nerfs for things like pirate skeleton; let me see you working towards constructive changes or at least tell me why instead of being ignored.
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just dont care :(
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started playing again after taking a year off, and finding out how they're ruining power surge has got me wanting to go back to GTA already...my non-pet magsorc is getting the shaft!
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Third, you "rebalanced" classes but really you just changed the meta to orc from redguard and made no reason to choose anything other than high elf for mag meta end game pve; Bosmer is useless, Breton is weak, Khajiit is behind the meta with dealing less crit damage which is it's whole thing, Redguard is underperforming, Dunmer is shadowed by orc and altmer, Argonian is a gimmick with weak healing which again, kind of it's thing yet it's not compared to altmer; we gave you feedback, where is the proof you care?
    You are wrong on several points there. Only true thing is that orc is now uberrace.

I don't know how to understand their approach to player feedback. Sometimes they are so fast - like cast times on shields, nerf necro ulti etc. and sometimes they make changes that were not based on any feedback (Zen's redress, Martial knowledge) and made things inherently worse, without players even have possibility to try them out properly in their original form.

Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not being racist, but I’m not surprised that the two most hideous races (Altmer and Orc) have the highest damage potential.

Yes I called Altmer ugly DON’T @ me bro/sis. At least Orcs got the body.

Your damage is gonna be the highest and you’re gonna be serving dizzying swings and crystal frags, but are you serving LOOKS??? I think not. Don’t @ me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a difference in caring about the feedback, and acting on it all.

They care that we give it because it gives them an idea what we do or don't like and where to take the game, but they're not going to act on everything if they think their ideas or ways are better for the game.

Best option is to just keep giving feedback about what you do/don't like and hope it sways opinion of the decision makers towards your desires.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think there is a difference in caring about the feedback, and acting on it all.

They care that we give it because it gives them an idea what we do or don't like and where to take the game, but they're not going to act on everything if they think their ideas or ways are better for the game.

Best option is to just keep giving feedback about what you do/don't like and hope it sways opinion of the decision makers towards your desires.

If they care show me because not responding and not listening or not acting on it isn't representative of caring if there is no communication of why or how they feel; otherwise, we are just spinning in circles and shouting, shouting, shouting and for what? Blindly hoping to no avail.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are more focused on manipulating our play styles, right from character creation onwards, to fit their visions of how they want the game to evolve at any one time.

But they have to be seen to ask for feedback, and occasionally they throw us a sop by acting on it. 🙃
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a difference between listening to feedback and obeying to feedback.
    There are sooo many reasons why a company doesn't / shouldn't follow their customers' "advice"...

- Because the interests at stake are antagonistic (customers : we looooove feature F, give us more of it => company "okay, let's push up the price on feature F" )
    - Because the customers wishes are uneconomical (customers : give us this for freeeeee => company : if we do this we go bankrupt)
    - Because customers don't know what they want or what's good for them (customers : make this easier => 2 months later : this is booooring)
    - Because customers don't agree with each other, it's not an homogenous entity
    - Because customers' expectations are unrealistic ("give us the moon")

etc.

I believe companies (and ZOS since it's the issue here) do listen to feedback very carefully. But what they do with it is not always what we expected (and the "not always" here is a euphemism).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 27, 2019 5:38PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a difference between listening to feedback and obeying to feedback.
    There are sooo many reasons why a company doesn't / shouldn't follow their customers' "advice"...

- Because the interests at stake are antagonistic (customers : we looooove feature F, give us more of it => company "okay, let's push up the price on feature F" )
    - Because the customers wishes are uneconomical (customers : give us this for freeeeee => company : if we do this we go bankrupt)
    - Because customers don't know what they want or what's good for them (customers : make this easier => 2 months later : this is booooring)
    - Because customers don't agree with each other, it's not an homogenous entity
    - Because customers' expectations are unrealistic ("give us the moon")

etc.

I believe companies (and ZOS since it's the issue here) do listen to feedback very carefully. But what they do with it is not always what we expected (and the "not always" here is a euphemism).

So they can communicate, they don't have to bend to our wishes, but at least tell us why; otherwise there is no reason to care. When so many vote on something or a forum everyone agrees except a small margin which is most likely unaffected or they are just being difficult; especially if something is quality of life or against something that breeds irrevocable frustrations; to have no feedback or to have the opposite effect, why should I believe in the company then and give my continued support, feedback, time, and ultimately money? An MMO isn't just a game, it's a community of players trying to achieve something and spread a love amongst one another; I'm not giving up like so many before.
    Edited by Jodynn on August 27, 2019 5:49PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they can communicate, they don't have to bend to our wishes, but at least tell us why; otherwise there is no reason to care. When so many vote on something or a forum everyone agrees except a small margin which is most likely unaffected or they are just being difficult; especially if something is quality of life or against something that breeds irrevocable frustrations; to have no feedback or to have the opposite effect, why should I believe in the company then and give my continued support, feedback, time, and ultimately money? An MMO isn't just a game, it's a community of players trying to achieve something and spread a love amongst one another; I'm not giving up like so many before.

Communication regarding feedback and design decisions is useless, if not counter productive, most of the times. For a variety of reasons, for instance :

Example A (business reasons)
    - Players : "Item/Feature X should be cheaper, you're greedy"
    => honest answer : "sorry guys, but as long as you're ready to pay that much for it (and don't pretend you don't, we have the figures, if it's not you who pay it's the guy next to you) we won't lower the price, why should we ? yes we're a company, we're greedy".
    => communicated answer : actually, none... or maybe something like "we believe it's worth the price".

Example B (people don't listen)
    - Player : "add some eff' extra hardware to your megaserver / upgrade your hardware"
    - ZOS : "It's not a hardware issue, it's the architecture of the code and the way we handle memory, we need to rebuild it from the ground up"
    - Players : ***, why don't you upgrade your hardware already ? All you need to do is code it [this way] and [that way] and upgrade your hardware.

Example C (people don't know what they want or don't understand the implications of their demands)
    - Players : "Sorcs have this and DKs don't have that. That's unfair and there's no balance. Balance the damn game already"
    - ZOS "OK we've performed an audit on class abilities and brought all skills on par to ensure class balance"
    - Players "WTF are you doing, class identity is dead, ESO is dead, you're all incompetent"

Example D (all communication is definitive and people are so rigid)
    - Players "why on earth did you do this when you promised two years ago that you had no such plans"
    - ZOS : "We changed our minds because bla bla and because bla bla"
    - Players : "you're all liars, you lied, you liars, you lied, how can anyone trust you, such a greedy company blabla"

I could go on and on.
    Every single communication is, in most cases, just more fuel for negativity and a risk for the company's image.
    Also, having people "communicating" with us has costs. Any intelligent company will try and greatly reduce any cost that's so risky in terms of image and brings no extra income whatsoever.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 27, 2019 6:58PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Communication regarding feedback and design decisions is useless, if not counter productive, most of the times. For a variety of reasons, for instance :

Example A (business reasons)
    - Players : "Item/Feature X should be cheaper, you're greedy"
    => honest answer : "sorry guys, but as long as you're ready to pay that much for it (and don't pretend you don't, we have the figures, if it's not you who pay it's the guy next to you) we won't lower the price, why should we ? yes we're a company, we're greedy".
    => communicated answer : actually, none... or maybe something like "we believe it's worth the price".

Example B (people don't listen)
    - Player : "add some eff' extra hardware to your megaserver / upgrade your hardware"
    - ZOS : "It's not a hardware issue, it's the architecture of the code and the way we handle memory, we need to rebuild it from the ground up"
    - Players : ***, why don't you upgrade your hardware already ? All you need to do is code it [this way] and [that way] and upgrade your hardware.

Example C (people don't know what they want or don't understand the implications of their demands)
    - Players : "Sorcs have this and DKs don't have that. That's unfair and there's no balance. Balance the damn game already"
    - ZOS "OK we've performed an audit on class abilities and brought all skills on par to ensure class balance"
    - Players "WTF are you doing, class identity is dead, ESO is dead, you're all incompetent"

Example D (all communication is definitive and people are so rigid)
    - Players "why on earth did you do this when you promised two years ago that you had no such plans"
    - ZOS : "We changed our minds because bla bla and because bla bla"
    - Players : "you're all liars, you lied, you liars, you lied, how can anyone trust you, such a greedy company blabla"

I could go on and on.
    Every single communication is, in most cases, just more fuel for negativity and a risk for the company's image.
    Also, having people "communicating" with us has costs. Any intelligent company will try and greatly reduce any cost that's so risky in terms of image and brings no extra income whatsoever.

That's why I said constructive, they already listen to ridiculous crying about how broken something is like pirate skeleton and change them, so it's not out of budget, this is part of their job.

The other examples there is no need for feedback in most cases and you are also looking at exteme cases in a pessimistic view.

Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I said constructive, they already listen to ridiculous crying about how broken something is like pirate skeleton and change them, so it's not out of budget, this is part of their job.

Someone's "constructive" feedback is always someone else's "ridiculous crying" feedback, and vice versa.

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone's "constructive" feedback is always someone else's "ridiculous crying" feedback, and vice versa.

And that is why a community is important to dictate and vote upon; as well as qualitative and quantitative data supporting their argument.

If a post has the majority or only a small outlier is disagreeing, then it's most likely constructive; if people disagree heavily to both sides then it is something that needs to be carefully considered instead of changing because someone is emotionally posting.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK