The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please Add Housing to Guild Finder as a Main Focus

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it!

We need Housing as a main guild focus option under the Browse Guilds heading rather than just as an Activity.

For those people looking for a guild where Housing is the top priority and activity of the guild. Housing contests, furniture crafting, homes to tour for ideas, guildmates to bounce ideas off of and ask for suggestions from and so on.

Right now we have to pick a different Focus and then an activity in the drop down to get Housing, but this gives a lot of vague results. Many guilds do housing on the side...

Add Housing to Guild Finder as a Main Focus!

[snip]

[Edit for protest.]
Edited by Mix on August 27, 2019 1:44PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Please please please! A lot of people don't even know that there *are* housing guilds! And a lot of catch-all guilds pick housing a sub-genre so we get mixed in.

[Edit for protest.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 27, 2019 4:01AM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. please. housing is a very specific category that is not entirely covered by social or pve label. sometimes they overlap, in the same way trading and pve or pvp interest may overlap, but they are not interchangeable. so having dedicated category would help a LOT for people who are specifically interested in all things housing.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! [snip]

[Edit for protest.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 27, 2019 4:02AM
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

Housing is something I truly adore with the game...and to have that as a main focus in the guild finder would be HUGE

[Edit for protest.]
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Some larger housing guilds have an online presence (due to websites, streams of forum activity or whatever) but it would be nice to find more guilds ingame.

(PS: Petitions aren't allowed on the Forums so you might find it better to re-phrase your title. Word it as a suggetion or a discussion instead imo, just to be safe.:smile:)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is that what those two groups of checkboxes are on the Guild Finder, main focus and activity? I can’t remember if it said that on PS4 or not.

I was sorely disappointed in this guild finder. The first group is almost identical to the second. If you look under housing you all kinds of social guilds too. Maybe that’s because it’s a secondary activity.

Crafting really wasn’t the place to look because I seem to remember getting lots of trading guilds instead.

I sort of gave up at that point.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to have it moved from secondary to primary.
    But.
    The more people do housing, the louder the voices with housing wishes will get.
    And I honestly think they don't want to listen to that. Catering to another big faction besides the PVP and PVE? Hm.
    PC/EU
  • PBnJ66
    PBnJ66
    ✭✭
    [snip]
    I completely agree. The social guild where I spend the majority of my time is a housing guild. As a casual player, whose primary focus is questing and crafting, I've found a home among like minded and extremely talented individuals who create the most amazing houses. This should be a category in the guild finder.

[Edit for protest.]
  • VeritasObscura
    VeritasObscura
    ✭✭✭
    I also think having a housing tag would be very helpful.
    What is the music of life?
  • rosie
    rosie
    Soul Shriven
    [snip]
    Yes please

[Edit for protest.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 27, 2019 4:03AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest editing your title as petitions (and demand)s are permit in the forums. It really is a small edit that can make this a discussion vs a petition.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I would suggest editing your title as petitions (and demand)s are permit in the forums. It really is a small edit that can make this a discussion vs a petition.

Thanks for the heads up!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a welcome addition to the GF.

(Was that a permissible way to say that?)
  • praxis
    praxis
    ✭✭✭
    I, too, would consider this a useful addition. Thank you.