Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First home/most recent home! Show me them!

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Post a *single* pic of your oldest home that you have, then post a *single* pic from your most recent. We'll see how much we've grown (or not!)
1f9jmjaifhzi.png
fd8yduxdpbsv.png

PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like you did Linchal dirty here :tongue: How could that shot of that poor doorway (albeit with pretty Christmas trees) measure up to the lovely and lived-in front yard of Forsaken Stronghold with its charming farm and all that detail (such as the masterfully repurposed tent-house with its coquettish plume of smoke)? :wink: Hardly a fair comparison, methinks.

Jokes aside, GG, awesome build! :smiley:
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good topic! I wish I could participate but I don't have a screenshot of my first house and it's been diassembled. I needed the space for a guild auction furniture pack.
    Edited by sueblue on August 24, 2019 7:56PM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Good topic! I wish I could participate but I don't have a screenshot of my first house and it's been diassembled.
    Same tbh, my first couple of homes are empty now or being used as storage since my characters moved on with their lives. Still, Black Vine Villa was one of my first purchases and it has remained intact after all this time. It was the home of my High Elf enchanter (didn't even have money for a proper crafting station :lol:).
    q3ytt7qkjprr.png
    My most recent build is a Christmassy Gardner House (still in progress, should be ready by the time Winter arrives lol).
    wtidubkupb3e.png
    I don't think my builds have improved as such, but they definitely branched out in theme and scope as I got bigger houses and found various themes as inspiration as all my characters already have a house. Still, lighting remains my archnemesis :tongue: (But praise the devs for adding more structural items over the years, those were sorely lacking in ye olden days).
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    First was the Vivec inn room, done up in load screen stylee:
    tumblr_pg3wcyFLSj1uc9nfgo6_1280.png

and most recently decorated was the Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret:
    tumblr_primvbcugz1uc9nfgo2_1280.jpg

Both boring as can be, as are all the houses and rooms decorated in-between.
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    FU9v0zE.jpg

Front view of my Fallout Vault like home on Strident Springs.
    First build i have ever done in my first bigger home i have bought <3

LLA0Fok.jpg

Necropolis home inside of a giant spider on Coldharbour for my Necromancer. The spiders mouth is the entrance to the city that the spider is carrying inside and on its back :)

Edited by D3AKUs on August 25, 2019 12:29PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Your latest work is looking cozy and festive already! You’ll have to post more pics once it’s complete! :)

@theskymoves I don’t think that’s boring at all! Of course it would be great to have more items and lighting in St. Delyn’s, but what can you do? The Flaming Nix Garret is looking cozy and lived-in — I like it! :)

@D3AKUs Very creative! I’d be interested in seeing more of your giant spider creation. I like the idea of making one’s one cave. :)

I only just started a little over a month ago so I’d only have a first pic to post! ^^;
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I feel like you did Linchal dirty here :tongue: How could that shot of that poor doorway (albeit with pretty Christmas trees) measure up to the lovely and lived-in front yard of Forsaken Stronghold with its charming farm and all that detail (such as the masterfully repurposed tent-house with its coquettish plume of smoke)? :wink: Hardly a fair comparison, methinks.

It was my second thing ever! the first thing was an apartment with a table, chair and candle. Then I got linchal, and i was SOOO EXCITED I could decorate christmas trees!! It was just starting out but...

also AMAZING use of coquettish
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    D3AKUs wrote: »
    FU9v0zE.jpg

Front view of my Fallout Vault like home on Strident Springs.
    First build i have ever done in my first bigger home i have bought <3

LLA0Fok.jpg

Necropolis home inside of a giant spider on Coldharbour for my Necromancer the spiders mouth is the entrance to the city the spider is carrying inside and on its back :)

OH MY GAWD
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    D3AKUs wrote: »
    LLA0Fok.jpg

Seriously?! This is the stuff of nightmares!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, no 'spider' houses here :#

But this is the living room/dining area of my very first house, Old Mistveil Manor.
    This is still a 'common' house for all my characters to use.

on9AvW3.jpg

And a living Room/dining area of my most recent almost-finished house- Alinor Crest Townhouse owned by my stamDK, Viro.

j4mFyQ9.jpg

Next project underway is Grand Psijic Villa for my Altmer magsorc.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 Aw thanks! You should submit your first build too, even if you don't have a very old one! :smile:

It was my second thing ever! the first thing was an apartment with a table, chair and candle. Then I got linchal, and i was SOOO EXCITED I could decorate christmas trees!! It was just starting out but...

also AMAZING use of coquettish
    The trees are nice! Especially for an early build when ZOS hadn't implemented the Christmas themed furniture yet! Just found it funny that you submitted a wide screenshot that shows off like half the garden at Forsaken Stronghold in all its glory, but Linchal only got a closeup of the door. :smiley:
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    But this is the living room/dining area of my very first house, Old Mistveil Manor.
    This is still a 'common' house for all my characters to use.
    I see the pattern - your characters clearly like dining amongst the trophies of their accomplishments! :wink: That couch area in front of the fireplace at Mistveil is fab btw!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see the pattern - your characters clearly like dining amongst the trophies of their accomplishments! :wink: That couch area in front of the fireplace at Mistveil is fab btw!

actually, at the time i did that, that was all i had changed from the bare unfurnished place! LOL

When I finally completed it (the first version, it looks different now) it looked like this.
    9z2m61jp5ju8.png
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    9z2m61jp5ju8.png
    Dayum, that's fancy :smiley: An impressive screenshot, could be a wallpaper or a loading screen, lol!

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dayum, that's fancy :smiley: An impressive screenshot, could be a wallpaper or a loading screen, lol!

that house just lends itself to it, because of the classic garden
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I don't have screenshots of my first house and this thread made me realize that I don't decorate for myself very much anymore; here is my first showcased auction furniture lot:

A clockwork/redguard themed dressing room complete with dye station.

x57gmouvl79b.png

Here is my most recent:

Triton's Throne. A perch for the upper eschelon of any race or Creed.

ab7dketne6jq.png

I know this is not exactly the topic of this thread and I apologize for that. I almost like designing for other ppl more than I like designing for myself. Is that weird?

Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

@theskymoves I don’t think that’s boring at all! Of course it would be great to have more items and lighting in St. Delyn’s, but what can you do? The Flaming Nix Garret is looking cozy and lived-in — I like it! :)

Ah, ty for the kind words! I approach most of my housing projects from the POV that my player character is in temporary residence: 'transient' spaces with a few personal, portable items... the 30-slot rooms are especially sterile, though. (Some of my other attempts can be seen on my blog.)

I am always simply in awe of the amazing and imaginative housing posted by other players... my brain, to my great regret, doesn't work that way. :'(
    Edited by theskymoves on August 25, 2019 1:32PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Since I don't have screenshots of my first house and this thread made me realize that I don't decorate for myself very much anymore; here is my first showcased auction furniture lot:

A clockwork/redguard themed dressing room complete with dye station.

x57gmouvl79b.png

Here is my most recent:

Triton's Throne. A perch for the upper eschelon of any race or Creed.

ab7dketne6jq.png

I know this is not exactly the topic of this thread and I apologize for that. I almost like designing for other ppl more than I like designing for myself. Is that weird?

It counts, and wowza
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Silvervind
    Silvervind
    ✭✭✭
    The first time i tried to build and decorate on my own in Earthtear Cavern
    i80zcbkw2vvh.png

My latest house i built/decorated in Grand Topal Hideaway
    7jzieujoy6wp.png

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oldest! It no longer exists - was replaced by the "tron house". I plan to rebuild this tower one day.

hxb07e7dk9rp.png

Current WIP

lcoow5ykm935.png

is that a ... creature?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

is that a ... creature?

Eeee? The bottom one? It's the flame trap in the Arena ;) I'm playing with fire...

I recognized the home but the hovering flame spots looked like eyes...
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is that a ... creature?

Eeee? The bottom one? It's the flame trap in the Arena ;) I'm playing with fire...

I recognized the home but the hovering flame spots looked like eyes...

Lol, true. Haven't noticed before xD Might be one of the flame atros of Infernace taking a more distinguishable form...
    It looks better live, though.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not entirely finished my New Life Festival house is the first house to be more than just a storage area. My intent is to keep it as an ongoing project with each New Life Festival kind of like decorating the Christmas tree each year.

khxb975nz38z.png

Velothie Reverie is my only completed house (if there is such a thing). My two favorite rooms are the crafting area in the basement and the kitchen. I am showing the kitchen as it is easier to show some of the details in a single photo.

rdbsccgct4ik.png

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JGxB2Vf.jpg

n6H0cPs.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with this much -

LuxurySuite.jpg

- but none of my current homes are anything like finished, so they're all the latest.

At the time of the first image, I couldn't even have made another candle. Fortunately, you get one even in an unfurnished Inn room. She did have a bedroll, as well, but it took a couple more levels before there was anything to drink from.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I started with this much -

LuxurySuite.jpg

- but none of my current homes are anything like finished, so they're all the latest.

At the time of the first image, I couldn't even have made another candle. Fortunately, you get one even in an unfurnished Inn room. She did have a bedroll, as well, but it took a couple more levels before there was anything to drink from.

SAME! love this pic, because yes! All i had was a table, a chair, and a candle! LOL ... my. How far we have come
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

is that a ... creature?

Also I joined EU as stabbitydoom and am trying to spend some time there stalking homes
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are all so amazing, both past and present! What a cool idea :)

Flickr is broken, apparently, so random weird links for mine haha! :D:D:D

My first home on live was the free AD inn room...

31965626813_9f5c095bf5_h_zpsqgkr6gwp.jpg

And most recent, a town I made for a tutorial, which went a bit wrong, but definitely an improvement to my tiny inn room a couple of years ago :D

Screenshot_20190824_174057_zpsf5bku3dt.png

Screenshot_20190824_174112_zpsqqxa4wg4.png
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on August 28, 2019 12:24AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are all so amazing, both past and present! What a cool idea :)

Flickr is broken, apparently, so random weird links for mine haha! :D:D:D

My first home on live was the free AD inn room...

31965626813_9f5c095bf5_h_zpsqgkr6gwp.jpg

And most recent, a town I made for a tutorial, which went a bit wrong, but definitely an improvement to my tiny inn room a couple of years ago :D

Screenshot_20190824_174057_zpsf5bku3dt.png

Screenshot_20190824_174112_zpsqqxa4wg4.png

Holy schmokes, what house is that? I wanna see!!!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot