Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inventory display

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
My char has several sets which she equips depending on situation. This results into, by opening with I, a full inventory where I have to scroll down through the sets, until I finally get the items in inventory. I can use the arrow keys to put sets down, but the moment I relogin, or also in other cases, its back to original status.

Is there an addon available which does not display sets? Similar to the sell screen at merchants? (I can lock an item to not display there).
Or are there other solutions to the problem?
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Not quite what you're asking, but I'd suggest looking at Auto-Category. IT auto-separates sections so that you can close the sets quickly to scroll past them. It's actually very useful for me for other reasons, but certainly a go-to for a lot of what we're working with.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    So I finally had the time and installed auto category. And I got this:
    cxWvHcf.jpg
    I disabled every single addon for the character (but not the libraries and I forgot srendar because of the color) and there was no change at all. Doesnt seem to work for me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha Gear or Dressing Room might better. Although you have to have the gear in inventory. But, you can swap through several sets, and even skill readouts. Well, you can with Alpha Gear.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Im using the full bandits suite and there a gear-/skillchange on buttonpress is integrated, beside another insane amount of features, which makes a dozen of addons superfluent. But thats not the problem.
    The problem is that everytime I press I for inventory (or go to bank etc.), I have to sift through dozens of locked gearitems until I finally come to the items I want to sell/learn/whatever. Even if I change the sorting, after a relogin its the same state.
    Auto category would have helped if it remembered the state (I collapse the 5 items of set X), but as you see, its bugged and I cant test it.
    Through my tingling with auto category I came to another addon which perhaps work. Its quality sort:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info677-QualitySort.html
    I _might_ be able to autosort the sets to the end of the inventory. Im going to test it the next days, but currently I can say that there seems to be a problem with quality overriding most sortings.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Update:
    In the end quality sort isnt working. For whatever reason default its sorting for quality and what it kills it completely was, that the directory listing changed the order if you put an item into the bank (or sold it etc.) A changing directory, where you have to check with every click on E what youre going to sell, is just too much effort.
    The whole purpose of this thread is to make it simpler in such situations, not more complex.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    Update:
    In the end quality sort isnt working. For whatever reason default its sorting for quality and what it kills it completely was, that the directory listing changed the order if you put an item into the bank (or sold it etc.) A changing directory, where you have to check with every click on E what youre going to sell, is just too much effort.
    The whole purpose of this thread is to make it simpler in such situations, not more complex.

I think you should try Advanced Filters (to have more categories to filter your inventory and find something sooner), and/or GridList (to have a much shorter inventory).
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I was having some of those issues with aut0-category for a while, and, while I never did figure out what fixed it so that I can see the options in the addon-settings menu, I really didn't need it working there. What it does, in game, is put in line-breaks that separate out set gear, decon things, etc, and, even without being able to fine tune what the specific categories are, it's easy to minimize the 'line-break' sections so that you're only seeing the things you need to see.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could use FCOItemSaver.
    Once you marked your sets with a marker icon (5 gear sets as standard + up to 30 extra dynamic icons you could also use as gear sets, wich your own names, icon texture and protective functions so you do not accidently deconstruct or sell your precious items) you can use the 4 filter buttons at the inventory bottom to hide the items with these marker icons.
    This will remembered for each panel (inventory, carfting station, bank withdraw, deposit, guild bank, house bank, mail, trade, vendor, ...) individually and also protects your items.

It needs time to setup but also integrates with other addons like AdvancedFilters UPDATED and FCOCraftFilter, DoItAll so you are able to hide/show/only show items you like to see, and even mass deconstruct/mail/trade/extract glyphs where marked items are protected.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    You could use FCOItemSaver.
    Once you marked your sets with a marker icon (5 gear sets as standard + up to 30 extra dynamic icons you could also use as gear sets, wich your own names, icon texture and protective functions so you do not accidently deconstruct or sell your precious items) you can use the 4 filter buttons at the inventory bottom to hide the items with these marker icons.
    This will remembered for each panel (inventory, carfting station, bank withdraw, deposit, guild bank, house bank, mail, trade, vendor, ...) individually and also protects your items.

It needs time to setup but also integrates with other addons like AdvancedFilters UPDATED and FCOCraftFilter, DoItAll so you are able to hide/show/only show items you like to see, and even mass deconstruct/mail/trade/extract glyphs where marked items are protected.

Hello Baertram,

Im going to run your addon for some days, currently I am overrun with all the options it provides. But if Im not completely an idiot, I can add all sets to (example) gear 1 and use the buttons in the lower part of the inventory to only show all items beside those of gear 1 (<- which is what I want). And the settings are saved at logout or inventory close. This works so far very well. My inventory, beside having a lot of 5er sets, looks very clean and organized once again. Many thanks!

Another question, Im running bandits. I disabled the gearmanager of bandits because I thought it sounded similar to your addon, but as I looked ingame at fcoitemsaver it seemed different. So I enabled bandits gearmanager again and so far (half an hour) my comp isnt blown up. Are there known incompatibilities between fcoitemsaver and the full bandits suite?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot answer this as I'm not using any of the bandits addons and I'll never will start to use them.
    The author's behaviour is nothing I'd ike to support in this community, sorry.

But the addons are different. FCOIS is an inventory helper and item protection tool, but no gear manager.
    Edited by Baertram on September 9, 2019 1:53PM
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    And here my followup to this. Im using FCOIS since two weeks and I have literally 0 issues. Now Im no heavy user, I just use the gear-set filter but so far it simply does exactly what I was looking for. It works. MAYBE the only improvement I can think about is an additional button which lets me cycle through the sets/categories. But that would be just minor.

Im also using a gear-manager, probably it doesnt matter which, so if I go heal, dps or something other, I have literally 2 mouse clicks to change and if my inventory runs full, which happens several times a day, I go to the bank and dumb everything into it. The addon saves me everytime several mouseklicks and simplifies the process. Its perfect.
    Edited by Fiewiel on September 15, 2019 4:11PM