Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please shut down NA server til it can be fixed

• itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Cavedog wrote: »
    msalvia wrote: »
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.

Zos has already laid out the plan that they are following for major overhaul of the system with the Express Goal of improving performance. And that plan is Not going to happen over night. Gonna take a few months.

So, deal with it in the short term, or take some time off until performance is improved.

IMHO

:#

ZOS Plan to Improve Server Performance:
    Step #1 Make a chart saying performance will improve a year from now
    Step #2 ?????????????????????
    Step #3 Profit.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    38i5xi.jpg

I love this community :)
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. No disconnects here, either.

OP must be using a potato for a router.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hereby I formally commend ZOS that everyone who doesn't agree with Cavedog have to be added to darthgummibear_ESO's friend list (if she/he wasn't already on it). Until this can't be done the servers must be taken down.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No disconnect issue here. After reading this thread and others I did not see a massive outcry of disconnects, just a few with such an issue. I suspect the OPs problem may be the interface between the chair and the keyboard.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be a PvP thing because I’ve been playing a lot of group PvE content the last few days and haven’t disconnected at all..
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok let's just leave it like this pve people as usual have thier bubble and have decent performance. PvP players are getting bent over and raw dogged. I can confirm pcna PvP cyro, you go there and try to play, you will drop ALOT
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the PC NA PVEers: ignore and downplay your PVP brethren’s problems at your own peril. Console PVEers dismissed our disconnection and lag issues too, saying that only a tiny portion of the playerbase PVPs and insisting that it wasn’t an issue because of that, and now console is a ****show in all areas. On PS4 NA, we frequently disconnect or experience a full game crash while trying to port into Elsweyr. We lag while crafting. Skill audio is desynced while killing mud crabs. Can’t loot the mud crabs, because the spot where it died on your screen does not match with where the server claims it died. PC EU players also ignored and dismissed PVPers concerns, and we all know what has happened to PC EU.

In short, just because YOU are not personally experiencing problems doesn’t mean you won’t. You should be concerned that Cyrodiil players are experiencing new issues that are making the game unplayable for them. That’s how it starts.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +darth
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    To the PC NA PVEers: ignore and downplay your PVP brethren’s problems at your own peril. Console PVEers dismissed our disconnection and lag issues too, saying that only a tiny portion of the playerbase PVPs and insisting that it wasn’t an issue because of that, and now console is a ****show in all areas. On PS4 NA, we frequently disconnect or experience a full game crash while trying to port into Elsweyr. We lag while crafting. Skill audio is desynced while killing mud crabs. Can’t loot the mud crabs, because the spot where it died on your screen does not match with where the server claims it died. PC EU players also ignored and dismissed PVPers concerns, and we all know what has happened to PC EU.

In short, just because YOU are not personally experiencing problems doesn’t mean you won’t. You should be concerned that Cyrodiil players are experiencing new issues that are making the game unplayable for them. That’s how it starts.

The whole comedy argument is about the request of for server take down. You are right about that if there is an ingame problem regardless of the portion whom it affects, it need to be fixed. BUT if this fix will negatively affect others who didn't experienced the original problem you will have some (often toxic) discussion.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »

The whole comedy argument is about the request of for server take down. You are right about that if there is an ingame problem regardless of the portion whom it affects, it need to be fixed. BUT if this fix will negatively affect others who didn't experienced the original problem you will have some (often toxic) discussion.

Honestly, I think that this game needs to actually be shut down and rebuilt from the ground up, like Final Fantasy XIV. That game also had a multitude of problems, and the folks in charge had the foresight to realize that the only way to keep the game from declining even further was to shut it down for a while and rebuild. It is now by far the best MMO on current gen console (a title that previously belonged to ESO) and is also highly regarded in the PC MMO community.

How many long-term paying customers has ZOS lost over the past year or so between PS4 NA, PS4 EU, XB1 NA, XB1 EU, and PC EU? Those are five megaservers all experiencing the same game-breaking problems. Now PC NA players are starting to experience frequent disconnects in Cyrodiil like we all did on the other five megaservers that are now unplayable in all areas.

Shut it all down. Rebuild it. Profit from the renewed enjoyment people have from playing an excellent game that runs properly.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote that zeni shuts down @Cavedog until he sorts his @##$ out.

And while I’ve been crashing 2-3 times per night I’m Cyrodiil, that’s not nearly as bad as we’ve endured in the past. When this game performance was as it’s worst there were server wide crashes multiple times per night, server rollbacks practically weekly, extended periods of single-digit frame rates, and a full inability to do use any skills. But emotes still worked. Only emotes.

Nothing happening lately in NA even comes close to the point of needing to close the servers. If OP were on EU I’d be more sympathetic.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I almost always check my internet speed after I DC.

A "fast" internet connection does not mean you have a stable internet connection. Using a speed test is not the same thing as running an actual traceroute to the IP address of the ESO game server.

If you want to learn how to run a traceroute to the actual ESO game server, you can find instructions by going to the support website and typing "traceroute" in the search box.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A "fast" internet connection does not mean you have a stable internet connection. Using a speed test is not the same thing as running an actual traceroute to the IP address of the ESO game server.

If you want to learn how to run a traceroute to the actual ESO game server, you can find instructions by going to the support website and typing "traceroute" in the search box.

To be even more technical it is not a faster internet, just a larger pipe so to speak. The data moves at the same speed you just download more of it.

Sort of like a 2 lane highway at 55mph/88kmh vs a 6 lane highway at 55mph/88kmh.

Also several bandwidth test providers include a jitter analysis which does in fact test a form of stability.

I will add traceroute does nothing for stability it only tells you the path, you can infer a problem though if you happen to know a specific node to be bad I guess.
    Edited by Skwor on August 21, 2019 12:06PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    msalvia wrote: »
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.

True, but what does that have to do with closing down the entire server? You could as easily resolve your problem by not going to Cyrodiil until the issue there is fixed. No reason to stop everyone else doing other things with which there are no issues, and I too have had no problems with overland content (on either PC NA or EU servers).
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL.

You are aware that when people disconnect in Cyrodiil, entire groups are frequently affected, right? These are people who live in various places around the world, all getting disconnected from the server at the exact same time. It is not uncommon after a disconnect to log back in and see zone chat aflame with people complaining about just getting disconnected. We can actually see it happening too, on those rare occasions when you luck out and don’t disconnect:

https://youtu.be/pt9i8Jw3fpA

See all those frozen group members? And the frozen AD players at 0:40? Those are people stuck in a random load screen, who will disconnect shortly. When they log back in, they’re all dead, thanks to being killed by the few players who did not disconnect. This is something that happens multiple times EVERY DAY on console, on PC EU, and now on PC NA. Individual connections have nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with it. When it affects large groups of players at the exact same time, that’s a server issue.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 21, 2019 12:07PM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP can be translated as "I have some issues with the game so make it unavailable for everyone".

If you think you have issues, come play on EU, mate. You'll love it.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well since this is your "official" request. lol. Sorry for your luck but get over yourself. I've had no problems.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL.

You are aware that when people disconnect in Cyrodiil, entire groups are frequently affected, right? These are people who live in various places around the world, all getting disconnected from the server at the exact same time. It is not uncommon after a disconnect to log back in and see zone chat aflame with people complaining about just getting disconnected. We can actually see it happening too, on those rare occasions when you luck out and don’t disconnect:

https://youtu.be/pt9i8Jw3fpA

See all those frozen group members? And the frozen AD players at 0:40? Those are people stuck in a random load screen, who will disconnect shortly. When they log back in, they’re all dead, thanks to being killed by the few players who did not disconnect. This is something that happens multiple times EVERY DAY on console, on PC EU, and now on PC NA. Individual connections have nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with it. When it affects large groups of players at the exact same time, that’s a server issue.

Or potentially the last hop before the server, if everyone passes through it. It could also be an issue with Akamai rather than the actual server itself. Much depends on how separate the server (and final routing) arrangements are for Cyrodiil, the megaserver being made up of a mass of individual servers.

I'm not saying it isn't the server, just that the fact that multiple players from around the world are simultaneously affected doesn't mean it must therefore be the server, there remain other possibilities.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...sadly, thing lots of you are forgetting is the % of players that sign on...do their crafting writs....chat....pat selves on back...and say g’d gaming before logging off.

What others view as “Playing” or “Playable” isn’t our definition
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on August 21, 2019 1:04PM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have decided to close this topic as it appears to have been created for the purpose of baiting and does not provide the opportunity for constructive conversation.

Please take a moment to review our Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.