The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magnum shot Vs Draining shot

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
hi there, with the recent changes to scatter shot's morphs need an overlook.

In pve the skill as 0 use, even with the black rose prison bow because it requires max range to be somehow efficient and the 1m window to get full duration on the proc is almost impossible to manage (also, in trials ppl are at melee range 90% of the time...)

In pvp the draining shot is healing for an absurdly high amount (30% more than the dmg it deals) and no longer needs the stun to proc (which is a good thing) while Magnum shot "only" deals 20% more dmg.

Since the Magnum shot morph cant be compared to a spammable because of its dmg, cost and CC part, it could get some love by having its range back to 28m.

this would allow this morph to be usefull for once. right now, it is just a total waste to use it instead of draining.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not, Scatter Shot never needed the range increase in the first place, and only got it because ZOS needed to sell Murkmire. SS and its morphs should have their range reduced back to original value, or 8 meters, whichever is lower.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heatnix90 may you tell me why?
    Edited by kalunte on August 19, 2019 6:33PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kalunte a long range, high healing spammable skill with decent damage that also has a knock back would just be too OP. I use Draining Shot on my stamDK and while I’d love it to be more powerful, I understand that it needs to be balanced. restoring its long range would be making it more unbalanced.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    @kalunte a long range, high healing spammable skill with decent damage that also has a knock back would just be too OP. I use Draining Shot on my stamDK and while I’d love it to be more powerful, I understand that it needs to be balanced. restoring its long range would be making it more unbalanced.

He is talking about the dmg morph not the heal morph
    Edited by JobooAGS on August 19, 2019 8:15PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Absolutely not, Scatter Shot never needed the range increase in the first place, and only got it because ZOS needed to sell Murkmire. SS and its morphs should have their range reduced back to original value, or 8 meters, whichever is lower.

Such eloquent way to say you want the skill to not be used and liked how bad it was before Murkmire
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marcus684 i was saying the dmg-only morph should have its range increased to 28m, not the healing one. it is already absurd enough with toolpits for heal somehow twice higher than the dmg (in no cp pvp, i've often got 3509 dmg and 7251 heal...)
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    @Marcus684 i was saying the dmg-only morph should have its range increased to 28m, not the healing one. it is already absurd enough with toolpits for heal somehow twice higher than the dmg (in no cp pvp, i've often got 3509 dmg and 7251 heal...)

Bow builds already have a good long-range damage skill with Poison Arrow and its morphs. Not sure why they need a second one. Scatter shot and its morphs are used for the utility they bring beyond pure damage.

The amount of healing from Draining Shot is a different conversation, on which I have no opinion as of yet, since I can’t even PvP these days due to terrible game performance.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bow builds already have a good long-range damage skill with Poison Arrow and its morphs. Not sure why they need a second one. Scatter shot and its morphs are used for the utility they bring beyond pure damage.

The amount of healing from Draining Shot is a different conversation, on which I have no opinion as of yet, since I can’t even PvP these days due to terrible game performance.

Bow builds only need 1 range damage skill. The rest should be melee
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Bow builds only need 1 range damage skill. The rest should be melee

Not really a bow build if you need to be in melee range.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the skill was always intended as a way to put some distance between you and your target in the event they got in your face. The range increase simply turned it into a stamina version of flame reach that brain-dead lemmings started spamming in Cyrodiil. It's a utility skill first and foremost, and should be treated as such.
    SodanTok wrote: »

Such eloquent way to say you want the skill to not be used and liked how bad it was before Murkmire
    People used it before Murkmire, just because a skill isn't borderline OP doesn't mean that it's useless.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heatnix90 well, you can push someone once, then he gets cc immunity and can spam gapclosers. unless it can bump ppl 23m away, it's basically useless the way you want it to be.

do you think the same melee range treatment should be applied to piercing javelin and stone fist?

@Koolio : why? tell me the point of using a bow if it is melee? it'd be much more logical to have a minimum range for bows (like hunters had to deal with in early WoW). this is so impossible in teso that i wont talk about this more :p
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Heatnix90 well, you can push someone once, then he gets cc immunity and can spam gapclosers. unless it can bump ppl 23m away, it's basically useless the way you want it to be.

do you think the same melee range treatment should be applied to piercing javelin and stone fist?

@Koolio : why? tell me the point of using a bow if it is melee? it'd be much more logical to have a minimum range for bows (like hunters had to deal with in early WoW). this is so impossible in teso that i wont talk about this more :p

That person was saying that a “bow” didn’t need more than 1 Ranged Damage skill. I was being sarcastic
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the skill was always intended as a way to put some distance between you and your target in the event they got in your face. The range increase simply turned it into a stamina version of flame reach that brain-dead lemmings started spamming in Cyrodiil. It's a utility skill first and foremost, and should be treated as such.

People used it before Murkmire, just because a skill isn't borderline OP doesn't mean that it's useless.

I love this argument. Because skills change all the time. scattershot and morphs are the new ranged cc for stam. I guess by your logic, blade cloak and jesus beam should go back to making your screen black. Nothing but weapon and fg skills should be stam, that is all class skills should be mag. grim focus should speed up your las and not be a burst tool and etc. Additionally, all ccs are "utility" skills.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    magnum morph is worthless for the minimal damage up and lower cost.
    the cost should be around 2800, then we talking.
    Edited by evoniee on August 21, 2019 5:20AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can eloquently make an argument why flame clench should be 15m range while magnum shot should be 28m range you´ll convince me.

Otherwise yes i´d like the game to be somewhat consistent and either have all these skills (ranged spammable stuns) be crap or all be good.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with you, flame clench (with frost and thunder too) should be 28m since it already lose the DoT and have lower dmg than a spammable since it has an utility part.

i asked for it many times.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

If you can eloquently make an argument why flame clench should be 15m range while magnum shot should be 28m range you´ll convince me.

Otherwise yes i´d like the game to be somewhat consistent and either have all these skills (ranged spammable stuns) be crap or all be good.

Why? I have no damn idea why :D Clench being 15m and Magnum 22m (or 28m as OP wishes) makes as much sense as Scatter Shot being 10m and reach 28m before. They are ranged CCs and should be treated as such (28m or 22m whatever ZoS thinks its best standard for them)

As someone that has been using Draining shot for like 2 years before they buffed it from 10m I understand something ZoS apparently failed to understand with Clench (or draining shot those years before). CCs are important part of combat, if your CC is short range you are short range and no amount of other skills that can be 20 to 50m in PVP is gonna matter. Might as well reduce them all to that range and buff them accordingly in utility and damage.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 21, 2019 3:32PM