Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back in kaal NA...

tried EU under 50, but, there was no one on the map I could find...that's always a bit of a weird feeling - riding around cyro and not seeing any other players...

hindsight being 20/20 - kind of makes sense that faction lock benefitted EP the most on the NA server...they've always seemed to have the most loyal players...

not sure how it is, but, whenever I'm in cyro and the hammer appears. always seems to end up in the winning alliance's hands...

needless to say - I'm not a big fan of having it in the game...

anyone here get to play with it yet?
    Edited by geonsocal on August 7, 2019 7:32AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. Only when Uncle Sheo shows you how to use it. Think you’d have to be pretty good to get to it in time before someone else picks it up.

Never even fought anyone with it. Can’t imagine it would go good for me or anyone else around. I hear it’s very hungry...
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the hammer but The Emperor holding faction should not be able to pick it up
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    I like the idea of the hammer but The Emperor holding faction should not be able to pick it up

+ 1,000 and then some :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't spawn in the emp faction's territory, but there should be some consequence if another faction runs straight into the emp faction with it. If it's dropped, I think it should be up for grabs like a scroll would be.

Having said that, if ZOS removed that hammer from the game tomorrow, I wouldn't cry.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally - I think it should automatically spawn in an alliance's starter area once an alliance gets gated...

otherwise, just keep it as a tool for the 3rd place faction, and, have it spawn in their starter area every six hours or so...

crazy that the first place faction can use it to rack up a 200 plus points for an eval...

it helped gooch get emp last night (not that he really needs a whole lot of help anyway)...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @PhxOldGamer68 ...saw your comment about faction lock...

haven't really run into too many issues up til now...basically, i only pvp in Kaalgrontiid on my blue guys over on the NA server...haven't pvp'd with my 3 AD and 3 EP characters in many months...

i don't pvp on the NA server as much as i used to, so, it hasn't bugged me too much...

however, over on the EU server i wanted to create a necromancer in both the EP and AD alliances...finding them an opportunity to pvp on an active map is pretty much impossible...even Kaalgrontiid is pretty sparsely populated during the EU "off-hours"...

there is pretty much no one else anywhere on all the other maps...seriously, it's scary deserted...looks like i'm pretty much stuck with battlegrounds for my EP and AD necros...those queue times can get a little lengthy...

i don't know man...i'm okay with picking just one faction - but, the way our pvp populations have deteriorated over time, not much opportunity to pvp in cyrodiil on more than one alliance anymore...and, that does suck...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 12, 2019 8:47PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still out there roaming around in cyrodiil...just taking a break from battlegrounds...

any one have any fun fights in imperial city?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've finally realized why I've stopped paying such close attention to patch notes now:

i play each race, and have a stam/mag version of each class...

I have 17 characters now...I've given up on keeping up...

it's funny though every once in a while I'll look closely at the tooltip on one of the skills I have slotted and think to myself what the ***...when the heck did that change...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 15, 2019 5:26PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I still use the good old stand by sets and make them work. lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I still use the good old stand by sets and make them work. lol

I remember a while back noticing restoring focus had become a stamina morph - I had no idea that there was even a stamina morph of rune focus...I'm not sure how long it had been around...completely missed the change...

was using it on a hybrid stamplar...couldn't figure out why I was having sustain issues (I have his mag and stam use balanced on each bar)...needed to switch it to channeled focus...

after this update I may just go through my old NA toons and adjust skills and champion points...

ugh, just thinking about doing that for 10 toons makes it seem like a chore :(
    Edited by geonsocal on August 15, 2019 6:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just logged in to EU kaalgrontiid...current eval score:
    EP - 280
    AD - 0
    DC - 0

yep, think I'll head over to NA for some fighting...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey maybe some of those ep could swap alliances to keep the campaign in a functional state.........
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey maybe some of those ep could swap alliances to keep the campaign in a functional state.........

that's funny :)

yeah, faction lock isn't really wearing on me so well...saw some weird *** going on with red, yellow, the hammer and our scroll at BRK...was on my magblade so was just hanging out watching it all and trying to figure out exactly what was going on (still not sure)...

pretty sure some EP and AD players were working something out...

oh well, at least zone chat (at least from a DC perspective) does seem to be a lot smoother though...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 20, 2019 7:26AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried getting in to the 30 day over the weekend. 76 in que. Don’t want to hear no BS about the game is dying for awhile. People need to get a grip. So I went to the 7 day. Got my stuff pushed in for half hour or so. Left. Wish the golden would come out with something good.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Wish the golden would come out with something good.

is there something specific you're looking for to complete a certain build?

I've slowed down considerably on the gear grind stuff...i just like to fight, so, that's mostly what i do...

i see on your signature block you have your EU character at 250+ CP...very nice...

my EU toons are all sitting around level 44/45...i'm not really going to start pushing them again for XP until i hit level 50 on them all...then it'll be a mad dash to CP160 - i'm curious to see how long it will take :)

hopefully i'll have my crafting and coin in order by the time i reach CP160, so i can transition them all in to more "permanent" gear sets...

i'm starting to miss playing my NA red and yellow characters more and more...i haven't pvp'd with my stamblade (AD) and magdk (EP) in forever...
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I tried getting in to the 30 day over the weekend. 76 in que. Don’t want to hear no BS about the game is dying for awhile. People need to get a grip. So I went to the 7 day. Got my stuff pushed in for half hour or so. Left. Wish the golden would come out with something good.

Gossamer and Bogdan are good
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a weird thing happen at ash last night...playing blue and was getting sieged by a few yellows...myself and another ally or two kept going out to burn their sieges and harass them before they flagged the keep...

at one point went into a loading screen for a few seconds (I always keep going through my rotations even if I have no clue if they're working :# )...when the screen ended and everything was live - looked around and there was a half dozen yellows laying on the ground dead...

seems one of my allies didn't crash with the rest of us and killed them while I (and the AD players) were in a loading screen...

may the best internet connection win :p
    Edited by geonsocal on August 20, 2019 8:33PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    had a weird thing happen at ash last night...playing blue and was getting sieged by a few yellows...myself and another ally or two kept going out to burn their sieges and harass them before they flagged the keep...

at one point went into a loading screen for a few seconds (I always keep going through my rotations even if I have no clue if they're working :# )...when the screen ended and everything was live - looked around and there was a half dozen yellows laying on the ground dead...

seems one of my allies didn't crash with the rest of us and killed them while I (and the AD players) were in a loading screen...

I had something like that happen at Dragonclaw an entire blue Zerg froze near the keep and I bashed them all to death
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...may the best internet connection win :p
    I don't even think it's that. It's probably client caching with keep upgrades. In the past year, to "fix" performance, they disabled knocking down towers and roofs in cathedral keeps. They introduced destructible bridges and milegates (Call me crazy, but what's the difference?). Used to be when a keep flipped or upgraded, many players close by would get thrown into a load screen. So this past year, they changed the keep upgrade cycle from an hour(?) to every 10 minutes, multiplying your chances of getting a load screen by 600%

Last week the Kaal server crashed a couple of times, kicking all players out and resetting scrolls to temples.

Game's in bad shape, and I'm reading the PC complaints after the latest update (which you know we'll get un-patched in all its raw, buggy glory) and I shudder to think what will happen in a week or so.

I'm truly stumped as to how they can wreck their own game the way they do. And every update it seems to get closer to collapsing under its own weight. I'm getting my fights in while I can, because I'm concerned that the next DLC may render parts of PvP unplayable. :neutral:

PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness the basher era is coming to an end though.
    Even Uncle Sheo is sick of that cheese.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had something like that happen at Dragonclaw an entire blue Zerg froze near the keep and I bashed them all to death

oh that had me laughing...yeah, placed in a similiar situation - most likely, i'm killing folks first (as quick as possible) and asking questions later :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ...may the best internet connection win :p
    I don't even think it's that. It's probably client caching with keep upgrades. In the past year, to "fix" performance, they disabled knocking down towers and roofs in cathedral keeps. They introduced destructible bridges and milegates (Call me crazy, but what's the difference?). Used to be when a keep flipped or upgraded, many players close by would get thrown into a load screen. So this past year, they changed the keep upgrade cycle from an hour(?) to every 10 minutes, multiplying your chances of getting a load screen by 600%

Last week the Kaal server crashed a couple of times, kicking all players out and resetting scrolls to temples.

Game's in bad shape, and I'm reading the PC complaints after the latest update (which you know we'll get un-patched in all its raw, buggy glory) and I shudder to think what will happen in a week or so.

I'm truly stumped as to how they can wreck their own game the way they do. And every update it seems to get closer to collapsing under its own weight. I'm getting my fights in while I can, because I'm concerned that the next DLC may render parts of PvP unplayable. :neutral:

that's a really nice recap of the situation dotme...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness the basher era is coming to an end though.
    Even Uncle Sheo is sick of that cheese.

I didn't come across it much in under 50's battlegrounds, but, oh my goodness is it everywhere in cyro - particularly tight spaces like flag fights...
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    It’s what a counter to Zergs lool
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not when the zergs are the bashers.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any one been hanging out in cp IC?

been wondering how their pops look...

been meaning to finish a set of imperial physique...still need to buy two more of the xivkyn poly's...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. Capture flag system is dumb.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Btw Geo sorry for bashing you to death tonight but you were deep in that Zerg at bleakers
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw Geo sorry for bashing you to death tonight but you were deep in that Zerg at bleakers

that's awesome :)

I don't know how or why, but, I keep forgetting to stay away from bunching up with other allies...

although it's a little frustrating because of game performance there's rarely ever any visual cues for the bash - it is a good way to break up zergs...