The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I5 7400 3.0GHZ 4 core 16gb of ram and RTX 2070 low FPS!

Soulwatcher
Soulwatcher
✭✭
Despite having a RTX 2070 my fps keeps dropping into the 40's and in a rare case down in the 30's. Do you guys think that a faster CPU would give me better FPS?
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the frequency of your ram?

And yeah, eso is cpu dependent due to the amount of actors drawn to screen at once. Your 2070 does as about as much as a card from the 700 series would do with how its setup.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Soulwatcher
    Soulwatcher
    ✭✭
    2400mhz ram, I just want to see a constant 60+fps. I know its going to dip here and there and at dolmens but its below 60fps far too much.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    A faster CPU won't help, don't listen to people who say that.

The game is poorly optimized, and it's as simple as that.

I'm on an i7 8700k, 16gb DDR4 3200mhz, GTX 1080ti, installed on an SSD, and in Rimmen my FPS is 20-40, and in battles in Cyrodiil it drops as low as 10 fps.

I had an i5 prior to this machine, with slower ram and a much slower graphics card (r9 280x), and the FPS difference between the two is negligible.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »

I'm on an i7 8700k, 16gb DDR4 3200mhz, GTX 1080ti, installed on an SSD, and in Rimmen my FPS is 20-40, and in battles in Cyrodiil it drops as low as 10 fps.

I had an i5 prior to this machine, with slower ram and a much slower graphics card (r9 280x), and the FPS difference between the two is negligible.

And I have your exact same setup and get 100+ in cities.

I even run a post processing effect and still get 70fps. Several things cause performance drop, even something as small as cas latency can make a difference.

Theres a large amount of people running processors on outdated bios setups and drivers as well. Monster Hunter World had a well known issue with the new rtx cards that caused fps halfing due to bad drivers.
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »

You've done something seriously wrong. I have a similar CPU setup and an even older graphics card and I get 70-90 fps in the largest cities, and 30 fps in the largest cyrodil battles (still lots of server side lag)
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on an old AMD Athlon X4 845 and a RX550. Worst case is Cyrodiil at 12fps. Otherwise 45-60. Crowded cities 24.

Some addons are fps killers. Some sliders dont need to be maxed. Like distance.

The game is not that bad, just the DirectX allows only one CPU core to talk to the GPU(s). Thats a Windows Problem
    Edited by mague on August 20, 2019 12:54PM
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    1. Check your "Energy Saving Options" and switch to "Max Performance".
    2. Reduce the view distance to 80 or 75.
    3. Use low reflection or turn it off.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    1. Check your "Energy Saving Options" and switch to "Max Performance".
    2. Reduce the view distance to 80 or 75.
    3. Use low reflection or turn it off.

We've been graced by Lua Lord Votan! Heed their wisdom, op.