The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will voice chat be fixed.

pay4vue
pay4vue
✭✭
I have not had voice chat for over 2 months now. Did all fixes suggested and even had cable out and changed router and connections.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen anyone not fix vc on console as long as you change your network settings.

Easiest is dns primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4

This works for literally everyone I've told. Idk why but it does
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    I have tried that and other dns settings. Nothing has worked. And I know other people have had this issue. In a 12 group at least 2 other people have this issue. Its On ESO END.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im on ps4/NA and I have not had any group or area chat for at least a month. Its really annoying trying to PvP with no communication other than text chat
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Durzoblint did you report it?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never seen anyone not fix vc on console as long as you change your network settings.

Easiest is dns primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4

This works for literally everyone I've told. Idk why but it does

On PS4. Tried it, didn't work. In fact, it made everything super slow and laggy. Tried multiple others suggested by other sites. Same result.

The cause I have noticed is entering a trial, having the trial crap out on you because it is bugged to oblivion (typically vet Sunspire or HRC), you quit or get kicked, then voice chat is gone. /reloadui doesn't work. Logging out doesn't work. Logging off doesn't work. And then you get the endless cycle of prompts telling you "Voice channel changed to area chat." It also seems to stick to some characters, i.e. my magsorc has no voice chat, but my stamblade does. I have no explanation for this.

Upside, I pay very close attention to mechanics and group movement. Ran VAA yesterday and was able to run to the right spots on the first boss every time. I shouldn't have to do this, mind you, but I did. Thanks (?) ZOS.

EDIT: This is also not a PS4 thing, as I have run many, many vDSA runs and we go into PS4 party chat. Because THAT works. Ridiculous.
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 19, 2019 10:08PM
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    pay4vue wrote: »
    Durzoblint did you report it?

I hope that is what I was doing by replying to this thread. The Bug report instructions said not to make another thread if one already exists. Just reply to it.

My giuld chat works but area and group just do not even exist to select them. I do get constant notifications saying that my voice chat has changed to area.....over and over and over again
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Yep having the very same issue. Very frustrating. So i believe its not us but ZOS.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it was 2017
    PC EU
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    Ok this is an apology for blaming ZOS for not having voice chat. Finally got it back by hard and soft reset of my modem.