The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Could someone please sell me a gold necklace...

Psycho69
Psycho69
Soul Shriven
Hello, Iv'e been scouring the guild stores for some time now looking for someone who would be selling craft-able jewelry sets like Hundings Rage, but nobody seems to have them for sale. I have the Summerset DLC so it's not like I should be locked out from seeing them. Thanks for looking
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upgrade materials for jewelry are really expensive, so not many would be inclined to craft them without a request from a buyer. It shouldn't be difficult to find somebody to craft you unimproved Hunding's jewels, but the total cost of improving all 3 to gold is around 1 mill on Xbox.

What platform / server?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have (or can buy) the gold jewelry improvement platings, @Psycho69, I highly recommend purple instead ... as the difference in stats is miniscule.

Always good to have the mats ready for your crafter if you can ... because buying crafted jewelry is an expensive proposition.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 17, 2019 8:21PM
  • Psycho69
    Psycho69
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks for the advice, and I'm on PC but I'm sure prices would likely be the same. I did in fact also ckeck for purple rings in Guild stores and didn't see any of those either
    Edited by Psycho69 on August 18, 2019 1:39PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes 3 Zircon Platings (30k each) to upgrade jewelry to Epic, and 4 Chromium Platings (75k each) to upgrade to legendary.

That's 90k for Epic, and 390k for Legendary. Each. This is why people usually only wear 1 Crafted set (on chest, waist, legs, feet, hands) and a dropped set on Jewelry (+weapons). Overland & PvP Legendary jewelry goes for 100-200k depending on set and timing.

So Hunding's on body paired with another dungeon/overland set would be better. (Briarheart, Spriggan's are good options for jewelry + weapons.)

Edit: Should have mentioned, I would craft it for you if you provide mats, I just also strongly do not recommend paying 1 million+ gold for 3 legendary jewelries.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on August 19, 2019 9:24PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point here is that dolmens drop a guaranteed jewelry piece for their zone. So if you want Spriggan's jewels, you farm the dolmens in Bangkorai until you get the three purples. You probably also get a few levels of Fighter's Guild in the process.

There are a few exceptions. No dolmens in Wrothgar meant that I did dailies, and bought the last one of the Briarheart set, and upgraded blues to purple.
    Edited by ghastley on August 19, 2019 3:29PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be shocked if you could get a gold Hundling's jewelry piece for under 200K. The gold plating is oppressively expensive and you need 8 to make one piece.

If I were you, I'd go farm vet COH1 for Leviathan. Its a comparable set to Hundlings, it drops in purple at the vet level, and COH1 is pretty darn easy. Plus, since Leviathan is not a meta set, you should be able to get all the jewelry pieces, body pieces, and/or weapons you need from the group you run with. Its not going to drop in gold, but you will get it in purple, which is nice.

Or, if you are okay with running some trials, go for Vicious Ophidian. A very worthwhile set. It drops in all 3 Craglorn trial on normal and vet. Plus, with 11 other people, you can probably guarantee yourself a full set in 2-3 runs.

EDIT: Saw @msalvia posts and agree. Hundlings is a great "starter" armor set, but one you can use later in the game for vMA. But other than that, you will likely be running Relequen, AY, Lokkes, VO, Briarheart, or something else in PVE. Never heard of someone running Hundlings in PVP. I would not get jewelry and focus on a 5-piece armor set. MUCH cheaper.

I'm curious as to what you plan to run with Hundling's. Most sets are not that hard to get jewelry pieces for.
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 19, 2019 10:45PM
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I second the points above: ask people in game (ideally in guilds), as there are plenty of people who can craft hundings. And honestly, I'd also go purple. At a certain point you won't be using hundings too much, and you don't want to be one of those people (like me) who has a ton of crappy gold gear I no longer use cuz I've farmed better stuff.

IMO, the only pieces worth golding out (before you get purely endgame gear) are weapons.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    And hey, if you can pst me in-game, I'll make it for you for free (you provide the mats/gold equivalent).
  • Psycho69
    Psycho69
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to thank all for your helpful suggestions, I already have Hundings Rage in gold for every piece in weapon and armor I just need a necklace. I don't do trials, I mainly play on my own in PVE and I've almost completed everything in the game except some group bosses. I would really just like to have my necklace to complete my set...I have gold. Please just make an offer...I really don't want to have to farm to make my own as I know this takes awhile. Thanks
    Edited by Psycho69 on August 24, 2019 2:01PM
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psycho69 wrote: »
    I would like to thank all for your helpful suggestions, I already have Hundings Rage in gold for every piece in weapon and armor I just need a necklace. I don't do trials, I mainly play on my own in PVE and I've almost completed everything in the game except some group bosses. I would really just like to have my necklace to complete my set...I have gold. Please just make an offer...I really don't want to have to farm to make my own as I know this takes awhile. Thanks

This makes me curious. You don't want to farm to upgrade, but farming gold to buy upgrade is okay? I mean where is the difference..