The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA Dark Shaman Crown Store Costume Has Several Problems Buyer Beware

buttaface
buttaface
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Hat does not dye AT ALL.
2. Body Sections affected by very few dyes and it is impossible to make the costume certain colors.
3. None of this is disclosed in the description.
4. Will be trying to return it if not fixed.
5. Buy at your own risk.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you'd be willing to post some screenshots?
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Any chance you'd be willing to post some screenshots?

I don't know exactly what I would screenshot. When you go to the outfit station, the hat has no dye options. Apparently the hat does take some dye from the base suit upon further experimentation, but not well, and I don't find that acceptable on a 1200 crown costume. Moreover, I am unable to dye the front of the skirt so that it looks other than a dirty dishrag. All manner of different colors turn the skirt gray, not remotely the color of whatever dye is selected. The arm pieces and gloves dye OK admittedly. The chest doesn't dye accurately and the skirt, as stated, dyes extremely poorly.

These things would be easy to fix. Will be patient, wait a week or so, then send a support ticket asking for a refund if nothing is done.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/dark-shaman/#

There is a screenshot on ESO fashion of it dyed. @Eirinin
    buttaface wrote: »
    These things would be easy to fix. Will be patient, wait a week or so, then send a support ticket asking for a refund if nothing is done.

You will wait in vain. So if you don't like it the way it is now, refund it. The costume has existed for years with no change and there are plenty of other costumes that dyes weirdly that have not received a change either.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the dying on it stinks. They're not going to improve it. It's already an old costume that's been brought back and they never spent the time to improve it before. Some people really like it, though, even though it doesn't dye well.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plume on the helmet is dyeable. The front part of the helmet (skull or whatever is that) is not dyeable. Front part of the skirt doesn't dye well too and will remain lighter than other parts.

However it looks nice to me overall if to use dark black dye on all 3 color channels.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on August 19, 2019 5:19AM
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plume on the helmet is dyeable.

I don't consider a part of a costume that cannot be directly dyed, but gets some ambient dye from the other parts dyeable personally. If this were a generic 600 crown costume would understand, but it's not.

On consideration, will probably not bother trying to get it refunded and just won't buy anything else from the crown store going forward.

• Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this costume.

But I will agree with you that it doesn't dye well with many of the colours.

Some costumes do dye better than others, but unfortunately you can't tell until you buy the costume. I'll only buy costumes if I really like how they come as is.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, some people actually use the hat on the Dark Shaman costume? :o
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a pic on my Orc Stamina Necromancer with the dye changed to the Blood Gold from Elsweyr ...

S0urf0k.png
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a pic on my Orc Stamina Necromancer with the dye changed to the Blood Gold from Elsweyr ...

I found very few dyes that did not make the front of the skirt look like a dirty gray dishrag. A majority of dyes I tried did not register any change to the front of the skirt at all. IMO should not be this way on any costume, particularly an expensive one.

And while I'm griping, on a related note, there are so many motif pieces that are broken and need reworking in the way they take dyes. In many motifs applying the exact same dye to different pieces will result in entirely different colors or sometimes no change in color at all on certain pieces. ESO's dye system leaves much to be desired for a game that's been out five years.

• ThirdHorseman
    ThirdHorseman
    ✭✭
    A rework of their dye system could be in order. Possibly added to their things to do list. Benefits could be a rerelease of old items in the crown store. Generating additional profit with some hard work by the devs.

Just need to get those pvp bug fixer trolls to stay quiet a few minutes...
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    This is honestly on of my upmost favorite costumes for “Evil” or Necromancer characters, but I do agree with you.
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden