Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Steadfast Hero + Curse Eater

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
was thinking of Combo'ing these two sets on a magicka build, using curse eater as the sustain set and proc'ing steadfast, it being the tanky set, then building damage through mundus, enchants, etc. and then flexing through various monster sets depending on what I end up needing.

anyone try this or have any thoughts? im thinking using curse eater to proc steadfast and just letting these two work behind the scenes during normal combat would prove fairly effective.

ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Steadfast is good, but it’s only 50% uptime of major protection. I found the best use is to activate it on demand to counter burst, but haven’t tried this combo.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought sets should not proc each other since some updates ago...If it does, then that would be a bug.

Like when Robes of the Hist was critting and activated combat physician and iceheart. I think they fixed that some updates ago...probably.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Steadfast is good, but it’s only 50% uptime of major protection. I found the best use is to activate it on demand to counter burst, but haven’t tried this combo.

well my thought is a heal starts the chain, so if you do get hit with a burst and heal the chain of events unfolds, heal, cleanse, protection. I guess in prolonged 1v1 it might become an issue maybe, but that does not really happen these days. . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I thought sets should not proc each other since some updates ago...If it does, then that would be a bug.

Like when Robes of the Hist was critting and activated combat physician and iceheart. I think they fixed that some updates ago...probably.

Most sets do interact with each other. This is good and one of the (few) things that gives depth to ESO buildcraft. I think they only fixed Hist because it was critting and item procs are not supposed to have the ability to crit.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works well last time I used the combo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Most sets do interact with each other. This is good and one of the (few) things that gives depth to ESO buildcraft. I think they only fixed Hist because it was critting and item procs are not supposed to have the ability to crit.

Strange, I recall sometime after Homestead they said that sets should not proc off of each other anymore. Guess they either walked that back somewhere down the line or didn't care enough to keep it consistent. Hmm...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Strange, I recall sometime after Homestead they said that sets should not proc off of each other anymore. Guess they either walked that back somewhere down the line or didn't care enough to keep it consistent. Hmm...

Are you thinking of this from Wrathstone?
    Yo dawg, we heard you didn't like procs so we made sure your procs can't proc more procs. The Champion Point passives Resilient and Critical Leech will now be considered "proc" abilities, meaning it can’t proc other proc abilities such as item sets.

This is all I can think of.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 19, 2019 12:40AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you thinking of this from Wrathstone?
    Yo dawg, we heard you didn't like procs so we made sure your procs can't proc more procs. The Champion Point passives Resilient and Critical Leech will now be considered "proc" abilities, meaning it can’t proc other proc abilities such as item sets.

This is all I can think of.

I see...time for me to get geared up for the next proc war. :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually Old old old school.

You're right, it use to be that way Years ago (such as trinimac not triggering from a set provided shield)

But you're also correct it seemed to have disappeared long ago
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for it! :)

Best way for sustain would probably be from mundus and a piece of infused jewelry because sustain from curse eater alone wouldn't be enough? Or you could go the food route but I find that you lose a lot of stats this way.

Might have to rely on a damage monster set and an execute skill to be able to secure kills though.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only question here is would there be any potential overlap? For instance, assuming cleanse counts as a direct heal, would it cleanse 3 debuffs trigger then heal and THEN curse eater cleanses a further 3? Or does the game register both effects simultaneously and cleanse 6 individual effects in one go? Or does the game register both effects simultaneously but where curse earer ends up trying to purge the same debuffs that cleanse already just did?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    My only question here is would there be any potential overlap? For instance, assuming cleanse counts as a direct heal, would it cleanse 3 debuffs trigger then heal and THEN curse eater cleanses a further 3? Or does the game register both effects simultaneously and cleanse 6 individual effects in one go? Or does the game register both effects simultaneously but where curse earer ends up trying to purge the same debuffs that cleanse already just did?

I can't know for a fact without testing, however I've never seen the game register these things simultaneously. So I'm going to guess 3 then another 3, with no overlap
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    was thinking of Combo'ing these two sets on a magicka build, using curse eater as the sustain set and proc'ing steadfast, it being the tanky set, then building damage through mundus, enchants, etc. and then flexing through various monster sets depending on what I end up needing.

anyone try this or have any thoughts? im thinking using curse eater to proc steadfast and just letting these two work behind the scenes during normal combat would prove fairly effective.

You should try curse eater+ fotified brass, heavy chest and medium legs (for your undaunted or double heavy for more heavy armor bonus passives) you can easily get to max resistances be tanky and be good at healing. (Before this update I was using fortified brass+Swift)

For monster sets you get earthgore, bogden, skoria (health and a little burst proc) iceheart (mainly for the shield) that is some of the ones I like.