Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is dual wield ultimate viable?

Alfie2072
Alfie2072
✭✭✭
is the DW ulti viable? and is it able to be purged? im thinking about some funky damage mixing bleeds with jabs & that ulti
PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated it with a passion. I mean I used it and most people just side stepped outta it's way.

It looks really good on paper, but when you see how slow it moves, "instant" is not the word that comes to mind.

Edit: if you haven't used it before, it's a semi big "X" that moves from where you were standing forward. In almost all cases, normal combat pace is enough for it to be avoided.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 27, 2017 10:39PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, it can be purged
    yes, it is too slow for PvP
    if it was instant and it bleeded ALOT faster it "might" be fair in pvp, especially against shield builds.
    it works great in pve but not in PvP.

Edited by Gilvoth on November 27, 2017 10:45PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purge aspect sucks, but I miss just as many dawn breakers as this.
    Either way, there's better ultimates to use.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pve
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue with the Dual Wield ult is that Dawnbreaker does pretty much the same thing, but is better in every way.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so fast. Thrive in Chaos is actually pretty good when you're fighting with allies against a pack of enemies. The heal can be a lifesaver, and the more enemies you hit the harder your follow-up Steel Tornado hits. Sure, the dot can be purged, but outside of coordinated ball groups and templars, a lot of players don't realize that there is a dot on them, and even if they did, can't do anything about it. I still prefer Dawnbreaker because it's instant, has a knockdown, and hits extra hard against vamps, but Thrive in Chaos can be very effective for high damage, somewhat squishy stamina builds. I would love to see it changed to a radial effect rather than a cone.
    Edited by Aztlan on November 28, 2017 9:58PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you have a point. If you're not a nb or vampire then it could replace tether or swarm. But I think the fact it lacks any burst and yet does nowhere near the damage of eots makes it kinda useless against players.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tried it when I was using krotha's dk dot build.
    after my second try I ended up going back to dawnbreaker.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Flawless Dawnbreaker has been Nerf can anyone say if Rend or Thrive in chaos are viable for pvp specially bgs for update 23??
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Now that Flawless Dawnbreaker has been Nerf can anyone say if Rend or Thrive in chaos are viable for pvp specially bgs for update 23??

Not really.

It remains purgeable, it also lost its bleed power, which was ignoring resistances. Adding that it is unreliable to land and that its very long duration makes it impratical, Onslaught / DBoS simply do the job better.

I was running it on a DoT build on a stam DK, but even before they added the cast time, you usually needed to lock down your opponent (with Fossilize for instance) before casting it. It is strong against a single target that can't suppress it, but between NBs, necros and templars, it has become an even worst ability. 2 standard single target DoTs deal as much damage - if not more - in less time and with much greater ease.

Thrive on Chaos remains an AoE burst buff, where you can guarantee to hit a lot of NPCs in one spot to then boost your other abilities. It simply is too unreliable in PvP. Rend is the only morph to which I'd give PvP consideration, but for how niche it used to be, it simply isn't worth using right now.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using Rend since weapon ultimates became a thing. Shines really well on stamina dot builds, Yes it can be purged, but outside of ball groups, Templars, and magicka wardens, most people can’t purge it. on my stamblade it’s hits for like 45k Unbuffed. It’s amazing pressure if your build has dots in it. With the new meta, most likely. Again it is purgeable, and with the added cast time makes it a lot more clunky especially since you can’t roll dodge animation cancel it anymore.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whole lotta misinformation in this thread. no, it isn't too slow for pvp, and people saying that clearly haven't used the ability or bothered to test just how "slow" it is.

the animation is slow, but the ability lands instantly. ignore the animation, use it like dawnbreaker, and it will land every time. and yes, it can be purged.

it's not a bad ult and is probably the most damage per ult cost that you can get, and the heal from rend can be substantial, but it's only added pressure and not burst. it's really situational imo, but at times it can be pretty damn good.
    I hated it with a passion. I mean I used it and most people just side stepped outta it's way.

It looks really good on paper, but when you see how slow it moves, "instant" is not the word that comes to mind.

Edit: if you haven't used it before, it's a semi big "X" that moves from where you were standing forward. In almost all cases, normal combat pace is enough for it to be avoided.

this is completely wrong. rend is instant, the animation is not. anyone can just test this on a dummy like this: face a dummy, use rend, turn away instantly so the animation does not hit the dummy, and rend will still land.
    Edited by ecru on August 19, 2019 4:48AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW ult = 💩
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could build for it imo. I do think stamplar is the best candidate for using the skill. It's instant too btw, just the animation looks slow.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi