The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Medium Armor Buffs For PvP

jaysins
jaysins
✭✭✭
I think in PvP medium armor needs a bit of help, especially with the amount of undodgeable single target dots in the game. The following changes I think would be helpful to the class.

1. Dexterity Passive- Currently inferior to light armor unless you have 7 pieces of medium. I think this should be brought up slightly to a value of 365 per piece of medium armor worn so it offers when compared to light armor it's less than light with five, basically the same with six, and more with seven. Will help with our healing and damage slightly.
2. Improved Sneak- Extremely niche skill that offers no benefit in PvE and little in PvP for most classes/use cases and imo should be replaced with something that more universally benefits more builds. Here would be my three suggestions of which to have one of implemented:
*Grant critical resistances. Will help us be a bit more tanky and especially help with the all the dots going on. Maybe 100 to 150 per piece of medium armor worn and this would have not
impact on PvE.
*Break free also grants major expedition for 2-3 seconds. Would give us a boost when players are trying to lock us down. This shouldn't be too long but even a few seconds would make a
huge difference when.
*Roll dodge grants four seconds of minor vitality/mending to help us stay on the go and heal up when kiting.
Lots of things could go in this spot to make is a more useful passive that either helps us with survivability or movement.
3. Athletics- Have the movement speed bonus apply to movement speed instead of just sprint but reduced to 2% per piece of medium armor worn. When using skills this would help tremendously with positioning and helping us avoid and also land skills like dizzying swing and landing heavy attacks.

Just my suggestions as someone who has PvPed primarily in medium armor for the last two years.
Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the audacity of playing a med armor stam character yesterday that doesn't have streak, cloak, or shade. Big mistake! I was dead instantly everytime, you die before you can even hit your opponent.

Magicka and light armor are not only superior, but medium armor is hardly viable at the moment. Stamblade and stamsorc had me thinking med was ok, but i already mentioned why those classes can pull it off.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another request for a super buff...wow, it doesn't get old...
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I had the audacity of playing a med armor stam character yesterday that doesn't have streak, cloak, or shade. Big mistake! I was dead instantly everytime, you die before you can even hit your opponent.

Magicka and light armor are not only superior, but medium armor is hardly viable at the moment. Stamblade and stamsorc had me thinking med was ok, but i already mentioned why those classes can pull it off.

I actually haven't been running streak on my stam sorc this patch as if I'm dotted up the delay in it can end up hurting me more than benefiting and I'm better off casting dark deal for the heal.

Right now it doesn't offer enough mobility to offset the drawbacks and that's where I'd like to see the majority of the buffs happen. Movement speed over sprint speed would be much more helpful when fighting and that alone would make me happy. Critical resistance would be nice and even could be worked into the lore as medium armor users are so nimble you can never get a perfect critical on them. These two particular changes would make a difference in the discrepancy of dps in PvE either. I understand the crit chance would though. I assume part of the existing discrepancy is because of the pen bonus of light is worse in PvE because of over penetrating. Light armor users may be better served by having the pen halved but a magicka or spell damage bonus in there. Just some thoughts.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone whos been running 7 medium since release... we dont need more healing. We dont need more damage.

The only things you suggested that make sense are crit resistance and maybe the major expedition while cc-breaking.

Medium Armor will always feel like its in a broken state until ZOS realizes adding 0 sprint regen ruined the Armor type. I played a 2.5k regen or more Stam NB and its always a NET LOSS to sprint in comparison to walking. Medium users may have reduced sprinting costs but loosing these huge regen ticks while sprinting hurts more then sprinting at all. Playing a regen based medium user is the most counter-productive build in the game. You basically want to play a medium build with the least regen possible to avoid loosing regen ticks while sprinting around and get your stamina sustain from something else. (This is why stamina sorc's can run around all day. They can convert magicka regen that never stops into stamina sustain to sprint around regardless of how much stamina regen they got.)

Now with that out of the way.

If you really want to make the Medium Users play-style feel more fluid/viable.. i would suggest fighting for a new 5 piece passive to help reduce DoT pressure. Fighting to change the 0 stamina sprint mechanic has sailed long ago.

I would suggest something like this:

NEW 5/7 MEDIUM ARMOR PASSIVE: "Stop, Drop and Roll"
    "While roll-dodging remove 1 damage overtime effect (Prioritizes longest duration DoT applied to you) and the BURNING status effect."

This would help Medium's sustain a ton.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 18, 2019 7:47PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never really been a fan of heavy and I've always preferred medium for the mobility. But I do agree that the sneak passive should be replaced... That *** is so useless in almost all situations XD
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind giving medium armor a passive that gives a bit of stam regen while sprinting and maybe even blocking.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »
    Right now it doesn't offer enough mobility to offset the drawbacks and that's where I'd like to see the majority of the buffs happen. Movement speed over sprint speed would be much more helpful when fighting and that alone would make me happy. Critical resistance would be nice and even could be worked into the lore as medium armor users are so nimble you can never get a perfect critical on them. These two particular changes would make a difference in the discrepancy of dps in PvE either. I understand the crit chance would though. I assume part of the existing discrepancy is because of the pen bonus of light is worse in PvE because of over penetrating. Light armor users may be better served by having the pen halved but a magicka or spell damage bonus in there. Just some thoughts.

i've got to be honest @jaysins - your character doesn't need any more buffs, everything you're asking for would add a bad weighting toward imbalance.. your current build already hits like a truck on burst even after the patch. that's already a strength. every build has to have caveats attached, if it's good at one thing it needs to be terrible at another - that's the fine line of balance.

put it this way, you managed to carve through a HA build of mine, 35K of both spell and physical resistance of mine unbuffed (and 2+k of crit resist), combined with over 3.5k of health recovery.. and still registering 7k hits. while i was blocking with GDB, vigor AND lingering health pots up..and with 35% reactive dmg reduction, so either something is seriously broken this patch or you are already OPAF with ridiculous penetration and don't need any further buffs.

PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the crit value need to be balanced to LA version, change it into 5 piece flat bonus.

also LA pen changed into spell damage to make it the same as MA.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    the crit value need to be balanced to LA version, change it into 5 piece flat bonus.

also LA pen changed into spell damage to make it the same as MA.

This will brake balance entirely. There are ton of magicka sets which proc for very high spell power bonus with expectation that you won't be able to stack SD as good as WD.

So far if we will compare raw numbers in application to all three types of armor, I don't think that MA passives are that bad. 15% WD is a key thing, because it boosts both healing and damage, while LA 5th piece boosts only damage and HA boosts only healing. Resistance wise medium is also not so bad, only ~3k lower then heavy in 5+2.

I think it is shields which makes light armor more tanky then medium. They don't suffer from battlespirit as much as HP based shields, HP based healing and vampiric healing, they don't suffer from defile as any healing, they can be-preapplied, they provide burst "HP" incomparable to any non-crit heals, only weakness of shields is that they don't account block mitigation. So in case of 10-20 seconds fights light armor is in advantage over medium.

It may be far-fetched, but I'll suggest that if active phase of combat takes only few seconds medium is best due to highest burst and executes, then from 10-20 seconds light armor prevails, and if fight takes more then 20 seconds and heavy manages to survive to that point, heavy kills opponent with all gathered stacks of WD.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Increased healing is a way to mitigate dot pressure, though honestly dots should probably be toned down a bit.

@hamgatan Well thank you and my build got buffed this patch. Against your toon I have over 15k penetration. My build is running about 5.5k weapon damage with a 49% crit chance. It's very very damage focused and my dizzying tooltip is 20k plus. It's a lot of fun. If I could have any changes made to medium, it would be a general movement speed buff instead of the sprint one as having to sprint less would be amazing on stamina management. Second would be a little extra crit mitigation but if nothing else, I would be happy with the movement speed change.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Another request for a super buff...wow, it doesn't get old...

What the OP outlined is really not a "Super" buff in any way possible. Medium Armor has been behind the curve patch after patch while Light Armor had been slightly revamped and Heavy Armor still remains Jack-of-all-Trades.

Medium Armor should absolutely be Faster with More Damage than both Light and Heavy Armors.

I think Light Armor's active skill should be reworked from a Shield to a Movement Skill >> Similar to Undo without the "Resets Resources" as a way for LA to compensate not having a speed boost, but also not having the Resistances of Medium < Heavy.

Medium Armor's Active skill should be replaced with Vigor (As someone had mentioned in a post before recently)

Heavy Armor's Active skill should flat out be a CC/Snare Immunity (As all classes have access to Major Ward/Major Resolve)

Back to Medium....
    I think in PvP medium armor needs a bit of help, especially with the amount of undodgeable single target dots in the game. The following changes I think would be helpful to the class.

1. Dexterity Passive- Currently inferior to light armor unless you have 7 pieces of medium. I think this should be brought up slightly to a value of 365 per piece of medium armor worn so it offers when compared to light armor it's less than light with five, basically the same with six, and more with seven. Will help with our healing and damage slightly.
    2. Improved Sneak- Extremely niche skill that offers no benefit in PvE and little in PvP for most classes/use cases and imo should be replaced with something that more universally benefits more builds. Here would be my three suggestions of which to have one of implemented:
    *Grant critical resistances. Will help us be a bit more tanky and especially help with the all the dots going on. Maybe 100 to 150 per piece of medium armor worn and this would have not
    impact on PvE.
    *Break free also grants major expedition for 2-3 seconds. Would give us a boost when players are trying to lock us down. This shouldn't be too long but even a few seconds would make a
    huge difference when.
    *Roll dodge grants four seconds of minor vitality/mending to help us stay on the go and heal up when kiting.
    Lots of things could go in this spot to make is a more useful passive that either helps us with survivability or movement.
    3. Athletics- Have the movement speed bonus apply to movement speed instead of just sprint but reduced to 2% per piece of medium armor worn. When using skills this would help tremendously with positioning and helping us avoid and also land skills like dizzying swing and landing heavy attacks.

Just my suggestions as someone who has PvPed primarily in medium armor for the last two years.

1. Spot on assessment.
    2. Roll dodge granting minor vitality and/or mending for .5 sec per piece of Medium seems sufficient as a replacement for Sneak. However, this should have a cooldown to prevent exploited dodgeroll/vigor use.
    3. Spot on assessment.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please buff my already super strong Stamina characters. 2 years of buffing Stamina to the point. I broke down and swapped over from magicka to stamina is not enough.

Also ZOS please give Medium Armor a Instant I Win button against Light Armor. Because being much stronger than Light Armor is not enough. I demand like most here, to make it so I automatically destroy every Light Armor character on the field. With just one button press.

TL/DR My Medium Armor builds don't equal automatic I WIN. So please buff even more ZOS!

THANK YOU ZOS!
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please buff my already super strong Stamina characters. 2 years of buffing Stamina to the point. I broke down and swapped over from magicka to stamina is not enough.

Also ZOS please give Medium Armor a Instant I Win button against Light Armor. Because being much stronger than Light Armor is not enough. I demand like most here, to make it so I automatically destroy every Light Armor character on the field. With just one button press.

TL/DR My Medium Armor builds don't equal automatic I WIN. So please buff even more ZOS!

THANK YOU ZOS!

Calling medium armor out for being overpowered, just wow. You're probably not as good as you think you are if you struggle that much against the weakest armor type in the game right now.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

Calling medium armor out for being overpowered, just wow. You're probably not as good as you think you are if you struggle that much against the weakest armor type in the game right now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369165163061837859/613891033117491200/unknown.png

Medium Armor so weak. Please buff ZOS!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369165163061837859/613887363894083591/Epic_BG_win_with_Bird.PNG
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369165163061837859/613891033117491200/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369165163061837859/613887363894083591/Epic_BG_win_with_Bird.PNG

NB can suppress Dots and Templar can purge them. But also how do they perform in Cyrodiil?
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

Posting (probably low MMR) BG highlights doesn't make you a good player, sorry. You're just turbo biased (according to your posts) and don't care about balance at all. Maybe duel some good mag players with your med armor stuff and get a reality check lol.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

Posting (probably low MMR) BG highlights doesn't make you a good player, sorry. You're just turbo biased (according to your posts) and don't care about balance at all. Maybe duel some good mag players with your med armor stuff and get a reality check lol.

yeah lol we've all had matches like that. Those other players were *** awful. Ive gone like 37 and 1 just because the other two teams were soooo bad. Nothing at all to brag about and absolutely no indication that medium armor is balanced.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

THANK YOU ZOS!

yeah lol we've all had matches like that. Those other players were *** awful. Ive gone like 37 and 1 just because the other two teams were soooo bad. Nothing at all to brag about and absolutely no indication that medium armor is balanced.

So in game results have no indication on medium armor being balanced? But your word does? Nice funny. I'm going to guess video proof in your eyes is also no indication either.

AND YOU EXPECT ZOS TO LISTEN TO YOUR WORD OVER IN GAME STATS? Again nice funny it had me laughing. Now go back to shamelessly asking for godmode.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

So in game results have no indication on medium armor being balanced? But your word does? Nice funny. I'm going to guess video proof in your eyes is also no indication either.

AND YOU EXPECT ZOS TO LISTEN TO YOUR WORD OVER IN GAME STATS? Again nice funny it had me laughing. Now go back to shamelessly asking for godmode.

What he's saying is that anyone can have stats like that when fighting against *** opponents. We all have those screenshots. But in a fight where everyone is skilled, medium armor is going to feel underwhelming.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU ZOS!

Are you for real?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH if heavy armor was made less effective and medium armor had higher base resistances it would help a lot. Currently light armor gives you around 10k resistances and medium may bump you to 11 or 12. But then heavy brings you all the way to 15+

if medium wasn't as squishy we wouldn't be having this conversation. The gap between medium and heavy isn't just general performance but the residence gap is weirdly big.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    TBH if heavy armor was made less effective and medium armor had higher base resistances it would help a lot. Currently light armor gives you around 10k resistances and medium may bump you to 11 or 12. But then heavy brings you all the way to 15+

if medium wasn't as squishy we wouldn't be having this conversation. The gap between medium and heavy isn't just general performance but the residence gap is weirdly big.

But i also think that the issue between them is that mediums defence is dodge, which is expensive the more you dodge and also the fact that there are so many undodable skills. its just safer to go heavy.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The major expedition on break free would be useless since most times when I cc break I dodge roll to avoid the bulk of the burst from the zerglings spamming their dps skills when they see me stunned. This being said, I usually run bow on medium armor and therefore roll dodge already give me major expedition.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Some decent point being made. I really just don't think that medium by itself offers the sustained mobility it needs to be equally competitive in PvP and hope the devs look at ways to change that. Movement speed passive would help and changing out the sneak passive to something more inline with our mobile persona would be the way to go.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some decent point being made. I really just don't think that medium by itself offers the sustained mobility it needs to be equally competitive in PvP and hope the devs look at ways to change that. Movement speed passive would help and changing out the sneak passive to something more inline with our mobile persona would be the way to go.

Changing it to flat movement speed would be a dumb idea because the game already bugs out around 45% movement speed, and definitely bugs past 55%. ZOS solution was to make that unsustainable without major sacrifice to your build, change how speed stacked, add a delay to one set's speed buff (cowards), restrict some bonuses to only sprinting, and to keep uptime far below 100%. You tell me how changing medium passive from sprint speed to regular movement speed is in line with any of those changes? It'd have to be nerfed or its right back to the speed meta, which btw is very effective on live right now if you don't already know.

We just left the speed meta, and you guys want a return? Be careful what you wish for...You think uppercut, jabs, incap, DBoS, and berserker strike hard to land now? Just wait, lol...
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS solution was to make that unsustainable without major sacrifice to your build, change how speed stacked, add a delay to one set's speed buff (cowards), restrict some bonuses to only sprinting, and to keep uptime far below 100%.

the only reason that was done so they could establish a clear defining benchmark between what was possible in game from passives/skills, and what was just CE speedhacking..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind if they moved the stealth passive and added a new passive that helped defensively. Whether it be something like take X% less damage from dots, or increase healing done 1% per piece, or even add purge to Elude/ Shuffle. Because Evasion does nothing against the Single Target DoT meta.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    ZOS solution was to make that unsustainable without major sacrifice to your build, change how speed stacked, add a delay to one set's speed buff (cowards), restrict some bonuses to only sprinting, and to keep uptime far below 100%.

the only reason that was done so they could establish a clear defining benchmark between what was possible in game from passives/skills, and what was just CE speedhacking..

Who knows why they did it, but you can certainly still outrun skills and bug out damage without cheating on the live server. They never fixed targeting and travel time problems that were at the root of the speed meta. In fact, on live you can move back and forth in a certain way to cancel damage from any skill in the game, targeted or not, and it also works in ground AoEs such as nova...

Why the fix to this bug is still not out or not a top priority for the dev team leads me to believe a few things: either (1) ZOS cannot fix the problem, or (2) fixing the problem would require a complete overhaul of the game's systems. I highly doubt its (3) they are unaware such exists, because I'm sure many reports come in when people see this kind of stuff happen on live and not understand it.

Either way, until they fix it, I will never support any free movement speed increases.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I still prefer running medium armor over heavy armor for almost all my stam builds due to the fact that medium armor's passive helps by allowing weapon dmg stacking to be so powerful. People complain about medium armor but still end up running it. Overall, the only change I would like to see on medium armor is changing sneak passive to something more universally useful. (Sneak can be in set bonuses that are sneak oriented, but it is quite ridiculous to believe that everyone using medium armor can get something out of sneak).

I seriously just don't get why some people complain about medium armor despite the fact that it is their own skill that doesn't allow them to stay in a medium armor spec and still perform well. If you're running a medium armor with both 5/5 sets that are pure offensive, then obviously you would need to expect getting hit hard. If you like to charge in all the time then maybe consider running a set like Fortified Brass, it is as simple as that.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Honestly, I still prefer running medium armor over heavy armor for almost all my stam builds due to the fact that medium armor's passive helps by allowing weapon dmg stacking to be so powerful. People complain about medium armor but still end up running it. Overall, the only change I would like to see on medium armor is changing sneak passive to something more universally useful. (Sneak can be in set bonuses that are sneak oriented, but it is quite ridiculous to believe that everyone using medium armor can get something out of sneak).

I seriously just don't get why some people complain about medium armor despite the fact that it is their own skill that doesn't allow them to stay in a medium armor spec and still perform well. If you're running a medium armor with both 5/5 sets that are pure offensive, then obviously you would need to expect getting hit hard. If you like to charge in all the time then maybe consider running a set like Fortified Brass, it is as simple as that.

The main issue that i see is that on classes that don't have an easy escape tool like cloak, its harder to survive when targeted by multiple people when you are in a very small group or solo. Yes medium Fortified Brass is certainly an option but you can easy use a heavy set that grants weapon damage due to the Heavy Passives, build in resistance and a medium damage set.
    Don't get me wrong, i use medium and prefer it, but it is easier in heavy.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main