Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The cheese no one talks about

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
More and more often I see stamina players that barely keep up vigor yet somehow will be CC’d and continue to receive substantial heals over time (not from am outside source) , to the point where they are passively out healing a spammable weave, I think it breaks down to a combination of a few sets, potions and CP allocations. Think about this if you combine CP allocation to health recovery, with a set like troll king and alessian order, run arteum takeaway broth in heavy armour you are able to easily reach a health recovery of 2.5-3K+ (even more on a sorc with daedric protection passive) which in it self is fairly overpowered.

Combine this with major vitality + lingering health potions and you essentially have the equivalent of a 2-3 stacks of vigor ticking without even so much as casting an ability. The recent nerfs to sources of major defile also makes this set up even more viable and is yet another reason (apart from the overpowered damage sets) why heavy armour, outperforms medium armour for nearly all stamina builds.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health Recovery ticks every 2 seconds and can be defiled (tho as you said sources of this have been reduced). With the current version of Vigor and the DoT meta, it doesnt seem to matter how much healing they can do it still wont be enough.

And with use Troll King and Lingering Pots etc you sacrifice survivability for damage/ resources.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Health Recovery ticks every 2 seconds and can be defiled (tho as you said sources of this have been reduced). With the current version of Vigor and the DoT meta, it doesnt seem to matter how much healing they can do it still wont be enough.

And with use Troll King and Lingering Pots etc you sacrifice survivability for damage/ resources.

Yea I agree with you fully there however I feel the mag dot meta will have its brief moment in the sun then be nerfed worse than it was prior and be relegated to duelling use only whilst this set up has existed for a while and will persist for many more updates
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery is good but not even close to being enough on it's own. Also it does nothing to stop burst, you could have 10k hp rec and still die easily to any good player. And even so, I see no issue with it, if someone chooses troll king they are choosing that over a different monster set. If someone chooses a health recovery set they are now lacking a sustain or damage set. So while they will have some passive healing they will be weaker in other areas.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on August 15, 2019 7:13AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this may explain the current "light attack OP" trend, as someone has said with the 2sec tic with constant pressure with LA's while other skills are on cool down its very easy to counter these builds
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run health recovery builds and I can tell you a couple of things:

There are sacrifices you have to make. i.e sustain and mitigation

1. Whilst I may be hard to kill whilst CC'd, would I be in that situation if I had better sustain? I could be on top of you instead if I'd invested more into cost reduction or recovery.
    2. I might seem OP against a DoT build but I'm highly susceptible to burst due to lack of mitigation. This is the reason you have noticed health regen builds this patch, we are the hardest to kill right now because of this DoT meta.

It's not cheese, it's called countering the meta.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on August 15, 2019 7:49AM
    PC EU
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    More and more often I see stamina players that barely keep up vigor yet somehow will be CC’d and continue to receive substantial heals over time (not from am outside source) , to the point where they are passively out healing a spammable weave

Hey Sunshine
    What if I told you that both stamina and magicka builds can be crafted to completely mitigate "a spammable weave"?
    Actually it is quite easy. Extremely easy. You would need to have a really bad or glass cannon build to die from a spammable spam. And I'm talking about noCP.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't outDoT them, burst them.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Builds like the ones you're describing are only found on discord. It's like the cool kids club.

Honestly I'm just glad we got past the point of people claiming builds. Always found that absurd, like they the only person in the world to figure out a gear combo lawl
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More and more often I see stamina players that barely keep up vigor yet somehow will be CC’d and continue to receive substantial heals over time (not from am outside source) , to the point where they are passively out healing a spammable weave, I think it breaks down to a combination of a few sets, potions and CP allocations. Think about this if you combine CP allocation to health recovery, with a set like troll king and alessian order, run arteum takeaway broth in heavy armour you are able to easily reach a health recovery of 2.5-3K+ (even more on a sorc with daedric protection passive) which in it self is fairly overpowered.

Combine this with major vitality + lingering health potions and you essentially have the equivalent of a 2-3 stacks of vigor ticking without even so much as casting an ability. The recent nerfs to sources of major defile also makes this set up even more viable and is yet another reason (apart from the overpowered damage sets) why heavy armour, outperforms medium armour for nearly all stamina builds.

shhhh keep it down....
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try No CP and see if you have the same issues.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    easily reach a health recovery of 2.5-3K+ (even more on a sorc with daedric protection passive) which in it self is fairly overpowered.

OMG. And all those players with 2.5-3K resource regen! Nerf them all. There are even sets and that increase regen even further. What were the dev's thinking!

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop asking for nerfs.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading at CP

Remove the CP, voila, problem solved.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run health recovery builds and I can tell you a couple of things:

There are sacrifices you have to make. i.e sustain and mitigation

1. Whilst I may be hard to kill whilst CC'd, would I be in that situation if I had better sustain? I could be on top of you instead if I'd invested more into cost reduction or recovery.
    2. I might seem OP against a DoT build but I'm highly susceptible to burst due to lack of mitigation. This is the reason you have noticed health regen builds this patch, we are the hardest to kill right now because of this DoT meta.

It's not cheese, it's called countering the meta.

^
    This

On topic, what do you want us to do? Roll over and let you dot us down so that you can get a kill? Or let you kill us because you're using spammable?
    It's called counter builds and it's completely a l2p issue, if you can't dot or spam one down you have to burst them down.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    I had really hoped this was about Sheo’s cheese addiction.. disappointed again.
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The OPs post doesn't really add up in my view. Maybe there are nifty ways for lots of passive healing, but I don't think this is it.

Troll King has been one of my staples. The problem is you need a heal, to activate it, and Forward Momentum / Rally has lost that heal. It activates from Critical Leech CP, but generally you need to Vigor and be sure. You're not talking about a stamsorc, are you? In that case there would be Crit Surge, Hurricane and probably Troll King.

The new Stamina + Health + Lingering potions are pretty much no compromise, but Alessian? Ugh. I doubt many people are running that. Too compromised, esp. now with Onslaught. Single-barred Cyrodiil's Crest maybe, but not Alessian. I assume the people you are thinking of are experienced 1vXers, who are typically hard to kill, yet still do good damage.

I look at my combat log when someone seems invulnerable to the burst from my Caluurion gankblade. What I typically find is that they are just really good players who precisely dodge rolled or blocked the burst from my gank, and only that, even while under pressure from a zerg. This is routine for duellers who understand Caluurion. The best players carry that discipline forward into 1vX situations. In other words they just have a really in-depth understanding of the game and are able to apply that knowledge. While gold foods, 7th Legion, Troll King and Lingering pots may be part of their strategy, I don't think that carries you all that far on it's own.

In lag all bets are off. Combat events - attacks - do not always hit or, at the other end of the spectrum, you get a health desync and die instantly. This may all be a function of being desynced from the server, so the person you are attacking is not actually where you see them, or the server may genuinely drop combat events when it's overloaded. Based on my experience with stationary NPC guards in big fights the latter could also be the case, but I don't know.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll king
    Reactive
    Robes of the Hist

Now you have a magicka version.

😇😁
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of DOTs- 🤣💯 I'm enjoying this thread a lot.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it Camembert? That’s some good cheese.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is that one set that gives you 5k heals every 5 seconds when you block. Add in a pyjsic skill with that shield that pops up and thats a lot of free "healing" to prevent damage while just simply playing normally. Throw in a potion, troll king and heavy armor. Makes sense to me.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 18, 2019 6:23PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s how “good” players “1vX”
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Along with pirate skeleton, Fury, masters axes on a nord
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Along with pirate skeleton, Fury, masters axes on a nord

Don’t forget the noobs. Can’t 1vX without ‘em