Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account muted, happened again

Gojov
Gojov
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend that doesn't have a forum account. She plays on PC-EU and her UserID is @Kyoko-Kaname

"Hi ! So for one week i haven't been able to talk in any chats; whisper, group, zone, say; i cant access my guild's bank, i cant buy anything from traders and i cant trade with other players. After searching online i found that, somehow, my account had been flagged with a 'social ban'. But i didn't spam, or be anti-social in any way, i don't use mail addons and i still seriously have no idea how my account was flagged.

But that was nearly 7days ago, i have submitted in game tickets from EU-PC, politely explaining my situation, then i have waited.. and waited.. and waited... and nothing ! No email, response or even notification to say i was even 'social banned'.

I just want this resolved, so i can go about my business in tamriel!

I'm a long term player and have people who can vouch that I'm not a bad egg, Please help me !

Well, thanks, Kyoko ! "
Edited by Gojov on August 18, 2019 1:52PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Social ban. Happens when you use mass mail add-ons or faulty ones that spam mails or chat

Support only way to fix it.
    Edited by yodased on August 14, 2019 3:24PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gojov

If your friend is able to open a ticket, they can post the ticket number here so we can check on it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gojov
    Gojov
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Ticket number is 190815-003239
    Edited by Gojov on August 15, 2019 7:45PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gojov

Thank you for the ticket number. I've sent you a message with an update on the ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Gojov
    Gojov
    Soul Shriven
    The issue is resolved.

Thank you.
  • Gojov
    Gojov
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

So same thing happened again. The same account has another social ban.

She opened another ticket 190818-003353

If possible could support inform her what's flagging the account (if it's a specific addon or something) so she can avoid it in the future?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gojov wrote: »
    @ZOS_BillE

So same thing happened again. The same account has another social ban.

She opened another ticket 190818-003353

If possible could support inform her what's flagging the account (if it's a specific addon or something) so she can avoid it in the future?

Zos is not familiar with the addons as it is not their product and they explicitly say they do not support them.

I would suggest they turn off all addons. Turn on the ones absolutely necessary and see if that works. With that, make sure none are very outdated. Some addons are no longer supported which means they would not have been adjusted to the changes Zos has made this year to how often addons can poll the servers. That timing has been reduced this year.

Good luck to your friend in figuring this out.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a mass mail add-on. If they are a guild leader especially
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Gojov
    Gojov
    Soul Shriven
    @idk Well the only way to know if it works or not, is getting another social ban. So trial and error is not and option here. She also uses very few addons. I on the other hand use a ton and never had a problem.

@yodased She doesn't use mass mail.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gojov

I've sent you another update, this time regarding the new ticket #190818-003353.
    Staff Post
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk Well the only way to know if it works or not, is getting another social ban. So trial and error is not and option here. She also uses very few addons. I on the other hand use a ton and never had a problem.

@yodased She doesn't use mass mail.

That's the only thing i have ever heard of causing back to back social bans. Can you find out what add-ons she is using?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the only way to know if it works or not, is getting another social ban. So trial and error is not and option here. She also uses very few addons. I on the other hand use a ton and never had a problem.

I do hope your friend gets this figured out quickly. I was just mentioning the stated stance Zos has with issues related to addons. Often one of their first requests with any PC issue is to turn off all addons.

Again, good luck to your friend resolving the issue.
  • Gojov
    Gojov
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, mate.